posted to rec.boats,alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Don White

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

next.victim wrote:
..

Mr. McKee,

I would be forced to determine that what has previously been said is
completely accurate, and given this case, I would have to find a
judgement against you.

Please go to:

http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/mwv/navru...les/Rule03.htm

below is exerted from the above:
For the purpose of these Rules and this Chapter [Inld], except where the
context otherwise requires:

(a) The word "vessel" includes every description of watercraft,
including non-displacement craft, WIG craft [Intl], and seaplanes, used
or capable of being used as a means of transportation on water.

(b) The term "power-driven vessel" means any vessel propelled by
machinery.

(c) The term "sailing vessel" means any vessel under sail provided
that propelling machinery, if fitted, is not being used.
Unquote-

I find the above parts b & c to be clear and compelling. In the case of
being used, the only interpretation possible for “propelling machinery”
would be the case that said machinery was actually providing the driving
force to propel said vessel.

I my have no authority here, but I strongly recommend that you deal with
your issues as you have presented yourself to be a clear and present
hazzard as the operator of a vessel underpower.

Name withheld by authors request

Bill is one of those 'know it alls' that can never admit their own
ignorance.
Captain Nemo himself couldn't convince him the difference between 'stand
on' and 'giveway'. The only safe solution is a lifelong ban from
operating a power boat on public waterways. He should think about
re-locating to Derby, Kansas where he'd have all the roadside ditches
and farm ponds to himself....that is unless Skipper decides to buy
another boat.
posted to alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.cruising
Capt. JG

Even at the dock? That's pretty mean!

However, everything on the water is a potential hazard.

I'm glad you agree with me.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"The_Giz" wrote in message

You are a hazard. Jet-skis are potential hazards.

Clar?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

As are you in your sailboat. Care to argue that point?

Giz

posted to rec.boats,alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Capt. JG

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Matt Colie" wrote in message
Terry,
Very well said, but save your bandwidth. (Teaching a pig to sing and
such.)

Billy believes he was the right(maybe the requirement) to take any vessel
anywhere close aboard at flank speed. He is convinced that, if a vessel
has any machinery onboard, it does not qualify as a vessel undersail
regardless of the situation. He has proven he is not capable of
interpreting Colregs the same way as the OMI to whom I wrote the pages of
my license examinations.

I just wish he had said where he is so we could all avoid him.

Matt Colie - See prior sigs - I'm tired of this.

Terry Spragg wrote:
at least it was on topic!
NI!

Terry K

Bill McKee wrote:
Was on topic, but sailboats can not turn as wanted, the rest of the
world be damned. Bill McKee wrote:

Throttle off, no control, turning radius about a boat length.

Well, if you put it that way, it sounds like it should be right, and
logically, it is exactly correct, and if you read what you wrote,
you may see why it is so funny, that you bite your own tail. Sailboats
can not just turn, (or not turn,) as wanted. They are overpowered by
the wind all the time. The wind blows sailboats around like leaves
sometimes. As a mariner, you are expected to understand that, anticipate
it, and survive the hazards anyway.

Overtaking vessels must keep clear, sail or power. If they cannot,
they must slow down to a safe speed, even stop. Chewy beans.

You are expected and required to understand sail and power, and all
their constraints, or stay home.

Sailboats flop about out of control from time to time, motor on or
off, whenever the sails are up and the wind is alive, it is the
nature of the game: 15 HP auxiliary engines, thousand HP wild winds,
waves, sails, ropes, winches, flying fish, nature, etc, etc. You
understand, don't you? If not, you should not be in command on the
water.

What you don't seem to grasp is that no one except possibly you,
would purposely hit someone with a car or boat, just because they were
****ed off and somehow surmise that they are in the right, have the
right of way, and therefore, have a license to kill anyone who does not
stay out of your way, regardless.

This attitude you seemingly cherish may well cause you to spend the
latter years of your life locked in a cell being raped by real nasty
*******s with really big muscles and real nasty diseases. On the
evidence you provide, I would bet two cents you are prettier than you
are smart.

On the water, all the regulations in the world are there to settle
lawsuits after damages occur, and to impress on mariners that collisions
are to be avoided by any means, at all costs, regardless of the causes.
The reason why should be obvious. A collision at sea can ruin your whole
life. Like being bitten by a dog, it can change your attitude forever,
the hard way.

Don't feel too bad, even real sea captains sometimes hit other
ships, and blow cities like Halifax all to hell, because they make
little mistakes early on, and suddenly find they cannot avoid the
other guy's similar idiocy. We are all human, right?

'Course, those arrogant guys usually end up losing their nice cushy
seat at the Captain's table, and deservedly so. Some commit suicide
once their role in disaster becomes obvious. These men have
consciences, at least. Some of their very cushy seats disappear below
the titanic icy waves as they sit in them, along with thousands of their
passengers.

Icebergs and the wind just don't care. It is left to us to be
responsible, considerate, cautious and courteous. Some grow up
earlier than others. Some never make it.

Fair winds to you, and the best of luck, for all our sakes. Your
skills, knowledge and attitude probably won't help you, your passengers,
or locals much. Old sailors would treat you like a rock awash, if you
would just keep still.

Otherwise, we fear for you.

Terry K

Bite Me. propulsion motor on, equal power boat.

Read the nav rules.... you're wrong.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to rec.boats,alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Bill McKee

"next.victim" wrote in message
Bill McKee wrote:
"Matt Colie" wrote in message

Terry,
Very well said, but save your bandwidth. (Teaching a pig to sing and
such.)

Billy believes he was the right(maybe the requirement) to take any vessel
anywhere close aboard at flank speed. He is convinced that, if a vessel
has any machinery onboard, it does not qualify as a vessel undersail
regardless of the situation. He has proven he is not capable of
interpreting Colregs the same way as the OMI to whom I wrote the pages of
my license examinations.

I just wish he had said where he is so we could all avoid him.

Matt Colie - See prior sigs - I'm tired of this.

Terry Spragg wrote:

at least it was on topic!
NI!

Terry K

Bill McKee wrote:
[...]

And your motor is not propelling machinery?

posted to rec.boats,alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Bill McKee

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Matt Colie" wrote in message
Terry,
Very well said, but save your bandwidth. (Teaching a pig to sing and
such.)

Billy believes he was the right(maybe the requirement) to take any
vessel anywhere close aboard at flank speed. He is convinced that, if a
vessel has any machinery onboard, it does not qualify as a vessel
undersail regardless of the situation. He has proven he is not capable
of interpreting Colregs the same way as the OMI to whom I wrote the
pages of my license examinations.

I just wish he had said where he is so we could all avoid him.

Matt Colie - See prior sigs - I'm tired of this.

Terry Spragg wrote:
at least it was on topic!
NI!

Terry K

Bill McKee wrote:
[...]

And the motor is not a propelling machinery?

posted to rec.boats,alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising

LOL! here's one of my favorite threads about boaters AND jet-ski'rs

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...77853f26 193c

posted to rec.boats,alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Matt Colie

Wow - this is amazing.
Terry, my analogy below was bad as it turns out. You might have a
better chance getting the pig to sing.....

Billy, could you PLEASE give us all some idea of where you might be so I
can NEVER go there?

Matt Colie - See Prior sig

Bill McKee wrote:

"Matt Colie" wrote in message

Terry,
Very well said, but save your bandwidth. (Teaching a pig to sing and
such.)

Billy believes he was the right(maybe the requirement) to take any vessel
anywhere close aboard at flank speed. He is convinced that, if a vessel
has any machinery onboard, it does not qualify as a vessel undersail
regardless of the situation. He has proven he is not capable of
interpreting Colregs the same way as the OMI to whom I wrote the pages of
my license examinations.

I just wish he had said where he is so we could all avoid him.

Matt Colie - See prior sigs - I'm tired of this.

Terry Spragg wrote:

at least it was on topic!
NI!

Terry K

Bill McKee wrote:

"Matt Colie" wrote in message

Terry,
Very well said, but save your bandwidth. (Teaching a pig to sing and
such.)

Billy believes he was the right(maybe the requirement) to take any vessel
anywhere close aboard at flank speed. He is convinced that, if a vessel
has any machinery onboard, it does not qualify as a vessel undersail
regardless of the situation. He has proven he is not capable of
interpreting Colregs the same way as the OMI to whom I wrote the pages of
my license examinations.

I just wish he had said where he is so we could all avoid him.

Matt Colie - See prior sigs - I'm tired of this.

Terry Spragg wrote:

at least it was on topic!
NI!

Terry K

Bill McKee wrote:
[...]

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...
(b) The term "power-driven vessel" means any vessel propelled by
machinery.

And your motor is not propelling machinery?

Try reading (b) again.

And your motor is not propelling machinery? I guess a power boat like mine
is not a power boat when the motor is turned off or not in gear. So you hit
a drift fishing "Power boat" who has his motor off or in not in gear, who is
at fault.

Bill McKee wrote:

"Matt Colie" wrote in message

Terry,
Very well said, but save your bandwidth. (Teaching a pig to sing and
such.)

Billy believes he was the right(maybe the requirement) to take any
vessel anywhere close aboard at flank speed. He is convinced that, if
a vessel has any machinery onboard, it does not qualify as a vessel
undersail regardless of the situation. He has proven he is not capable
of interpreting Colregs the same way as the OMI to whom I wrote the
pages of my license examinations.

I just wish he had said where he is so we could all avoid him.

Matt Colie - See prior sigs - I'm tired of this.

Terry Spragg wrote:

at least it was on topic!
NI!

Terry K

Bill McKee wrote:
[...]

So my "power boat" is not a power boat for rules when the motor is turned
off and I am drifting?