~^ beancounter ~^

thanx for the info & url Bill...

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Red Cloud® wrote:
On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 23:13:26 -0700, "Capt. JG" wrote:

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you actually should do it.

Remember those words the next time you think about posting more of your
nonsense.

I will! Please be sure to take your own advice!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article .com,
~^ beancounter ~^ wrote:
Capt. JG....that's interesting...thanx for the info...i thought
ericsons were considered a bit on the overbuilt and heavy
side....not as light as, say cal's, catilinas, etc...

I thought this as well. I liked the look of his boat, and when I
approached him for more info (shopping for a similar size), that's
what he told me unprompted. He seemed to have a good deal of
experience with boats (on the bay at least), so I tend to believe what
he said. I've only sailed on one, and that was years ago, but it
seemed ok, although not spectacular.

I definitely like cals and, to a lessor degree, cats. The latter have
nice layouts, and I have a good friend who owned a 30 until
recently. He loved it, but sails in So. Cal., which has much lighter
wind.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Red Cloud© wrote:
On 27 Sep 2005 07:22:40 -0700, "~^ beancounter ~^"
wrote:

Capt. JG....that's interesting...thanx for the info...i thought
ericsons were considered a bit on the overbuilt and heavy
side....not as light as, say cal's, catilinas, etc...

JG doesn't know what he's talking about. Ericson/Pacific Seacraft made
lots of boats that were quite suitable for crossing oceans and
circling the globe. Lots of them have done so.

rusty redcloud

Come on. They weren't associated with each other until the late 80s,
early 90s I believe.

Take your advice from before... stop posting nonsense.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Red Cloud© wrote:
On 27 Sep 2005 11:53:55 -0700, lid (Jonathan Ganz)
wrote:
Come on. They weren't associated with each other until the late 80s,
early 90s I believe.

And? Check your calendar.. It's now almost 2006! Many of the Ericsons
that bean counter might be consdoering WERE built by Pacific Seacraft

And, lots were built before the acquisition. If he were going to
consider an Ericson, one built after that would be more appropriate
for crossing oceans. Instead of screaming at me about not knowing the
facts, why don't you ask him which one he's considering. I stand by my
statement that I was unimpressed with those boats and the guy who
owned one (clearly before the acquisition) wasn't either.

Take your advice from before... stop posting nonsense.

Jon,

You obviously don't know squat about Ericsons. Lots of them have been
sailed all over the world. They are fine for crossing oceans. You
talked to ONE timid sailing couple who felt that sailing in over 20
knots was scary FOR THEM.

You are obviously so full of yourself that you have lost the ability
to read. I already said that just because something can be done,
doesn't mean it should be done. I talked to a couple who claimed to
have a great deal of experience. Sure they could be lying, but the
fact is that the boat in question was not designed for the high winds
of the bay, and certainly not for what one might find outside the
Gate.

Get a life. You're starting to rant.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

John Cairns

"Red Cloud®" wrote in message
On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:57:42 GMT, "John Cairns"
wrote:

"Red Cloud©" wrote in message
news
On 27 Sep 2005 11:53:55 -0700, lid (Jonathan Ganz)
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Ah, don't know how to break the news to ya, read the fine print he

http://www.pacificseacraft.com/cgi-b...p?0010,ericson

Now, maybe you can post a link to show us any Ericsons for sale that were
built between 1990-2006?

John Cairns

Sure!

http://yachtworld.com/core/listing/p...02&slim=quick&

That's just one of several 1989 and 1990 models I found in about 5 seconds
of
looking on one website.

And, meanwhile, there were also many Ericsons built before that which were
EXCELLENT ocean going yachts. PS bought Ericson specifically because they
were a
competitor in the offshore yacht market.

rusty redcloud

Never said they weren't offshore capable, only tried to point out that none
of the boats you're linking to were built by Pacific Seacraft. None.
1989 never even comes into the equation as PS, which is now privately owned
by the Japanese, didn't purchase the assets of the company until 1990.

John Cairns

Jonathan Ganz

wrote:

Ah, don't know how to break the news to ya, read the fine print he

http://www.pacificseacraft.com/cgi-b...p?0010,ericson

Now, maybe you can post a link to show us any Ericsons for sale that were
built between 1990-2006?

John Cairns

Sure!

http://yachtworld.com/core/listing/p...02&slim=quick&

That's just one of several 1989 and 1990 models I found in about 5 seconds of
looking on one website.

And, meanwhile, there were also many Ericsons built before that which were
EXCELLENT ocean going yachts. PS bought Ericson specifically because they were a
competitor in the offshore yacht market.

Rusty is on the edge John. Don't push him too much.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Red Cloud® wrote:
Poor, beaten, BOATLESS, jon. He had a Cal 20 for a while, which was a cast off
piece of trash he got for free. He even had to sell that. Yep, a real boat
expert!

Can't win with facts, so you're reduced to insults. I think it's time
to stop responding to your idiocy.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Vovlvo IPS- Inboard Performance System- Reinventing the wheel [email protected] General 6 May 19th 05 09:54 PM
wheel steering,.. which way does it turn? CW - CCW? Rich Hampel Cruising 7 December 23rd 04 09:07 PM
Using a Tiller Pilot FamilySailor ASA 22 September 8th 04 01:03 AM
Tiller control Parallax Cruising 12 October 17th 03 07:47 PM
Boat Steering (tiller vs wheel) Lee Maxwell General 10 September 17th 03 03:13 AM