Garland Gray II

My comment was a follow-up to Doug's statement about causes of a heavy helm.
The balance of the boat is quite relevant to the helm.
Regretably, I failed to indicate the precise point in Doug's message that I
was addressing, thinking it would be understood.

"Dave" wrote in message
snip
In that case I fail to see the relevance of your first sentence below.

"Dave" wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 17:45:08 -0400, "Garland Gray II"
said:

Agreed, and also depends on how well the boat is balanced.

A spade rudder can be "balanced " itself, which can lighten the helm
considerably, as opposed to a rudder hinged to the trailing edge of the
keel.

DSK

Red Cloud® wrote:
I stand by my statement that you are ignorant of these boats and their
capabilities.

And we all believe you, since you've proved yourself to be the expert on
ignorance.

... Before the aquisition, Ericson made tons of boats that were
excellent for crossing oceans, and they have proved it. Were you even aware of
how many of them were fairly heavy full keelers? I didn't think so.

Excuse me? Are you saying that Pacific Seacraft built full keel Ericsons??

Fresh Breezes- or whatever- Doug King

Vovlvo IPS- Inboard Performance System- Reinventing the wheel [email protected] General 6 May 19th 05 09:54 PM
wheel steering,.. which way does it turn? CW - CCW? Rich Hampel Cruising 7 December 23rd 04 09:07 PM
Using a Tiller Pilot FamilySailor ASA 22 September 8th 04 01:03 AM
Tiller control Parallax Cruising 12 October 17th 03 07:47 PM
Boat Steering (tiller vs wheel) Lee Maxwell General 10 September 17th 03 03:13 AM