palmtreedreamer

Yes you have the name right, no you have the idea wrong. Learn to read
more then the first 2 words and refer to the post above.

palmtreedreamer

You're expecting a man with a job in a public world to somehow have
20/20 hindsight in advance. No one is to blame for anything! This is a
catastrophic disaster and it just happened. There are no planes flying
into buildings here. There are no balms planted in federal buildings.
Weather, that is at best a gamble to predict, kicked some serious butt
and that is all it amounts to.

If everyone evacuated on the command of someone and the storm did
nothing there would be hell to pay by those who commanded. There is
just no good way around this. It sucks no matter what you do.]

Something I don't think people are accounting for is that there are
so many people that have to give an ok before anything happens. On top
of that, there are mechanical things that get in the way of things
happening fast. As a for instance, I saw something about a navy medical
boat leaving Boston in a few days and the commentator complaining that
it was taking so long. I wonder if anyone knows that it takes about a
WHOLE WEEK to fire up the engines on a ship that uses heavy fuel oil!
Fist you get the pony generator up, then you get the main generator up
when the pony is warm enough, then you get the steam fired up that
flows down the pipes and heats the heavy fuel oil. Finally, after about
a week, the oil is thin enough to run through the pipes to get to the
cylinders.

Now, a ship may be the on standby, be half way warmed up already but it
would still take days to provision, and run the checklists. This thing
about people failing is a political thing no matter what side says
what. I think everyone did as much as they could as fast as they could.
No one wants people to die or property to be lost and everyone would
love to be the hero. It makes no sense to point fingers or place blame.

I made a comment about who is getting credit for helping and people
jump all over me for being a bigot. That is about as absurd a thing as
could be said. The media is again showing only what it wants to show
and that is what I was pointing out, but in the true spirit of man that
lives in the media industries, those with an agenda tried to make me
look like a bigot for only pointing it out. I have not seen anything
about anyone except Christians, Red Cross and Salvation Army. Have you?
Nothing about Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, nothing! Someone somewhere has
again placed an agenda and I suppose I should have predicted that
certain people would read only the worlds they wanted to and try to
make something of it. Notice the names of the people that are always
polarized on every political or spiritual issue.

Enough said. Judge yourselves and try to become better people. This
would be a good time to increase your self worth by helping others
instead of trying to boost your own egos.

palmtreedreamer

And by the way, I don't go away - I go sailing all winter. there isn't
any internet out at the islands I am at.

palmtreedreamer

God - you can read about it in Geneses

palmtreedreamer

Did you really read it that way? I was trying to make a comment about
the media, not that I don't think others are helping. I was pointing
out that sides are being taken and they should not be.

DSK

Larry wrote:
I'm not bull****ting anyone and noone has posted anyone they knew,
directly, that these "agencies" had aided.

Go and re-read my post.

BTW FEMA had a direct hand in getting much of Charleston's water supply
back, I worked with a bunch of people who were on that job, but it
didn't happen that week and I didn't see it directly... just heard about
it from people I'm inclined to believe a lot more than your partisan BS.

... There was no aid to anyone I
knew of until Bi-Lo rolled in those hundred trucks as soon as they could.

Like I said, you should get out more. And listen to right-wing hate-talk
radio less. It's just soap opera mind-rot for angry white men.

Attacking me will NOT change the financial situation with the Red Cross or
any other aid bureaucrats.

What's wrong with the Red Cross, other than John Kerry made a big
donation to it?

Oh yeah, they were part of the publiciity from a bunch of 9-11 families
whose stories were unfavorable to Bush & Cheney. Therefor they attract
the ire of the right-wing slander/smear hit team.

Are you proud of jumping on this particular bandwagon?

Meanwhile, your highly partisan BS doesn't add a thing to your credibility.

DSK

Jeff

palmtreedreamer wrote:
Bigoted? Man you read me wrong!

No, we have you right.

I was making a comment about the Media
not showing anything.

Do you think its the responsibility of the press to report the
religion of everyone who donates? Have you seen breakdowns listing
the donations of Irish-, Italian-, or Greek-Americans? How much press
coverage to think is appropriate considering that the Jewish
population is only about 1% of the US? I've been watching this
disaster unfold all week and I don't recall a single news report that
focused on, or even mentioned, the religion or ethnicity of donors.
Why does this concern you so?

If you go to local sites such as:
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...olitan/3332401
you would find links to sites like:
http://www.houstonjewish.org/

Perhaps you don't realize that I believe that Eve
is the mother of all men and WE are all of one race.

And how does this justify your bigotry?
palmtreedreamer

Lame lie. I see it in the news 24/7 - this group gave this, that group
gave the other. You're just a really dumb person. case closed, think
what you want, I know who I am so go live with yourself.

Jeff

palmtreedreamer wrote:
Lame lie. I see it in the news 24/7 - this group gave this, that group
gave the other. You're just a really dumb person. case closed, think
what you want, I know who I am so go live with yourself.

Yes, we all know who you are.

BTW, are you seriously claiming that The American Red Cross is a
Christian agency??? You seem to be assuming that if the charity
doesn't have the word "Jewish" or "Islamic" in its name it is
exclusively Christian.
palmtreedreamer

I never said the red cross was anthing to do with Christian. I said
that the Red Cross was getting lots of kudos, Christian groups were
getting lots of Kudos and NO ONE ELSE IS GETTING TALKED ABOUT! What in
the world is your problem with understanding. Do you just want to pick
a fight with someone? Don't you have something better to do with your
tije than make up stuff to get mad about?

Learn to read before you make such an ass out of yourself again.