Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
palmtreedreamer

Default Feeling Good Today?

There are 200,000,000 of us only and only about 2 million of them. If
you haven't already thought about what you can do for the victims of
Katrina, take a few minutes and think through it. A little bit of help
from everyone will go a very long way.

People are getting sick, have injuries, and need help. There are many
that don't even have dry clothing, just the torn, wet rags they
escaped with. Anything you can do will help someone that is at this
moment, in despair.

Lots of people talk but it feels much better for everyone if you do. So
take a moment, please, and think about what you can do.

New Volunteers:
Every day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. . .
whether it is half a million disaster victims or one sick child who
needs blood. Our work is made possible by people like you, people who
lend a helping hand. Red Cross volunteers come from all walks of life.
They are all ages: young people, nurses, seniors ... everyone has
something special to offer, including you. To find you how you can get
involved, enter your zip code in our ZIP Code Locator
http://www2.redcross.org/where/where.html. It is simple to use. Enter
your zip code at home, or work, or of the location in which you would
like to serve. Press enter and you will be directed to the local Red
Cross unit nearest your desired location.

To Make a Donation:
Call 1-800 435 7669 or visit the online donation system. If you are
experiencing problems while donating online, it is due to extremely
heavy volume on our Web site. Please try again later in the week or
call our 800 number.

Local Red Cross Chapter
To contact your local chapter visit our chapter locator.
http://www2.redcross.org/where/where