Larry

"palmtreedreamer" wrote in
oups.com:

God bless you for having such a big heart toward those well taken care
of people. Sleep well.

Oops...wrong knee-jerk response. The money pouring in has NO PLACE TO GO!
There's NO PLACE TO SEND IT! Sending it to some national bureaucracy, like
Red Cross, gets absorbed.

Please don't think I'm heartless. My 9/11 story shows I'm not. If you
know any victims living in a hotel, send them money to the hotel to help
them pay the bills, by all means! But to just keep sending checks to the
bigshot bureaucrats with 6-figure paychecks is STUPID!

There needs to be an internet site NOT run by the bigshot aid bureaucrats
to connect donors DIRECTLY with victims stored in hotels/motels/shelters.
The bloggers should run it to prevent the great sucking sound of some
organization sucking off the funds. I've mentioned this to ham radio
groups, here, who have communications setup in public shelters in
Charleston. We should connect shelter victims with donors, directly, and
let them communicate assistance around all the middlemen sucking them both
off.

How much money do you think gets to that little poor, starving kid in
Guatemala when you send it to some preacher in the $1200 suit with plastic
hair wearing the Rolex, driving the Lexus and living in a waterfront
mansion in some exclusive resort with a big TV network? 1c on the dollar?
That much?

Americans with big hearts can be SO stupid.....

--
Larry