Meye5

Palm tree, your a putz.

palmtreedreamer

A putz - In reference to what?

You must be a mind reader like the other illiterate, intimidated
vicissitudes with nothing to say.

As for the obtuse asinine that anticipate they can scribe into my
sentence something that was never there, I say/write what I think and
if I thought bigoted I would be clear about it. The fact is, I am only
spiteful toward scum and stupidity that is combined with arrogance,
like the stupidity and arrogance displayed around here. Singularly
those things don't push my limits but around here all three are
multitudinous.

From time to time I browse here and find that MOST of you are do

nothing, go nowhere, never had it and never will jealous people with no
life trying to make up for it through purchases and long stories that
you had nothing to do with. I find guys like you that realize that I am
leaving shore so you think you can post a last post after I leave and
be some sort of cyber star - surprise, I have wireless internet so
long as I am in the states.

BTW- do you know what putz means you artless flap-mouthed miscreant. It
is a reference to a man with small genitals. You both knew that and
have issues, or you are seriously lacking in ability to communicate
efficiently.

Meye5

like I said, your a putz.

Meye5

"I wonder if anyone knows that it takes about a
WHOLE WEEK to fire up the engines on a ship that uses heavy fuel oil!
Fist you get the pony generator up, then you get the main generator up
when the pony is warm enough, then you get the steam fired up that
flows down the pipes and heats the heavy fuel oil. Finally, after about

a week, the oil is thin enough to run through the pipes to get to the
cylinders".
This is incredibly unaccurate information. Do you truly believe the US
military uses ships that take a entire week to get underway? Your
inaccurate statements aside. Your a complete ass and a moron.
what a putz. just one of many examples Palm tree, one hit wonder, (we
all should wonder about...)

palmtreedreamer

Do you have any idea what heavy fuel oil is? If you ever have walked
down a beach and had tar stick to your feet then you have seen heavy
fuel oil! It is completely accurate. When is the last time you worked
on a ship? Anyone here that has will be laughing at you about now!
You're so stupid you don't even know you're stupid.

Meye5

One more thing, your always wondering if anyone knows this or that.
where is the part where you open up your thick skull and absorb some
real knowledge. You know so000 little but assume everyone else in this
newgroup is a moron. I am just tired of inferior asses like you. Next
post from you will be something like "do you even know what a skull
is??" You truly are a putz.

Meye5

"Do you have any idea what heavy fuel oil is?" What kind of moronic
question is that? Yes I have walked down the beaches in Bermuda and had
tar stick to my feet but if you think that is heavy fuel that is like
comparing fresh coffee to the goop sitting in a coffee pot for a month.
If you call that goop coffee than knock yourself out and drink it up.
Learn some basic chemistry if you even know what chemistry is.
"when was the last time you worked on a ship?" I am a retired
engineer. I worked for a company that did contract work for the US
Navy. I have been on PLENTY of ships in Norfolk. No of course I dont
know what fuel oil is how could I??? I'm so stupid I dont even know
what a ship is. You putz.
You never did answer my question though and you wont. But I will ask
it again. Do you really think the US Navy and the US military would use
ships that require an entire 7 day period to get underway?? They would
be sitting ducks.
Yes I am so stupid I dont even know I am stupid, My wife tells me
that every day but at least I dont prove it almost daily on this
newsgroup as you do to my once amusement, and now aggravation.

Meye5

I am a retired engineer. Did contract work with the US Navy.Yeah I'm a
total moron. Yes I know what heavy fuel is. Yes Ive had tar stick to my
feet at the beach in Bermuda. Heavy fuel oil is not tar. It can BECOME
tar but if you think that crap your stepping in is the same as heavy
fuel its like comparing fresh morning coffee to goo thats been sitting
in a coffee pot for a month. You want to drink that **** and call it
coffee? Help yourself. When was the last time YOU worked on a ship?
Only one laughing is me at you. Speak for yourself not for others. When
you cant stand on your own two feet and defend yourself and say "we"
and "everyone" Its a true sign of a putz. you are an ass and a moron.
You prove it quite frequently in this newsgroup.
Again I ask you, do you really think the US military would use ships
that take a whole week to get underway? That is moronic. They would be
sitting ducks. You never answer any question I pose when I hard line
you. Why cuz you dont know the answer your full of hot air and I call
your bluff constantly. You have no foot to stand on . You 1 hit wonder.

Meye5

Palmtree dreamer writes:
"I wonder if anyone knows that
WHOLE WEEK to fire up the engines on a ship that uses heavy fuel oil!
Fist you get the pony generator up, then you get the main generator up
when the pony is warm enough, then you get the steam fired up that
flows down the pipes and heats the heavy fuel oil. Finally, after about

a week, the oil is thin enough to run through the pipes to get to the
cylinders".

"do you even know what fuel oil is?When is the last time you worked
on a ship? Anyone here that has will be laughing at you about now!
You're so stupid you don't even know you're stupid."

Yes I am a retired engineer, that makes me stupid moron. my response:

Nearly all navy surface combat ships use General Electric LM2500 gas
turbine engines for main propulsion and the VAST majority of naval
ships use similar gas turnbine engines The LM2 500 is based upon the
CF6-6 engine (commercial version used on DC-10 aircraft) and the TF-39
engine (military version used on C-5 aircraft). Both the CF6-6 and
TF-39 engines were developed in the 1960's. They dont run on coffee
pot goop and they don't have pistons.
What did you think Bush was going to send a world war two liberty
ship? Hey what do I know, according to you I don't know what a putz is.
You putz.

DSK

Palmtree dreamer writes:
"I wonder if anyone knows that
WHOLE WEEK to fire up the engines on a ship that uses heavy fuel oil!
Fist you get the pony generator up, then you get the main generator up
when the pony is warm enough, then you get the steam fired up that
flows down the pipes and heats the heavy fuel oil. Finally, after about
a week, the oil is thin enough to run through the pipes to get to the
cylinders".

???

Not on any steam ship I've ever been on. The ships that still burn
bunker oil (a minority, since the low price of it is more than offset by
increased boiler maintenance) fire up a "donkey boiler" first to provide
steam to heat the ready service tank (can take a few hours but always
less than 6 AFAIK), then fire up the main boilers and bring them on line
(can take an hour or two).

Most steam ships burn a variant of higher grade fuel very similar to
marine diesel. In fact, US Navy steam ships *do* burn marine diesel fuel.

Meye5 wrote:
Nearly all navy surface combat ships use General Electric LM2500 gas
turbine engines for main propulsion and the VAST majority of naval
ships use similar gas turnbine engines

You know what? That doesn't include the MSC ships (pre-positioned
supplies) nor the hospital ships, all of which have steam plants.

In short, you're both stupid clowns who don't know half as much as you
think you know.

Good bye.

Doug King, ex-BT1(SW)
that means steam engineer