Wayne.B

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:30:43 -0400, "Glenn Ashmore"
wrote:
It is not over yet. The charges were dismissed "without prejudice" which
means the government is still able to dream up another offence to charge
them with.

==================================

Well that's good to know. Atrocities against decent law abiding
citizens like sail boat racing should not be allowed to continue. Who
knows, they might have smoked an illegal cigar while they were there.

LaBomba182

Subject: Cuba
From: WaIIy

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 23:17:48 -0500, Tamaroak
wrote:

As of February 26, 2004, when Bush signed Proclamation 7757, supposedly
if you have charts of Cuba on your boat, the government can seize said
boat because possession of those charts is evidence of the fact that you
either visited or intend to visit Cuba in violation of these rules. You
then have to prove you didn't go there to get it back. Is this
outrageous or what?

Do we remeber back in the days when we hated the Soviets for all the
horrible things they did? Like invading innocent countries, trying to
shove their government down everyone's throat, taking away their own
citizen's rights, etc....

Hopefully Tuesday will bring a change.

Capt. jeff

How many private boats have been siezed in 2004?

"Help, the sky is falling"

The point of this discussion in apparently over your head.

Capt. Bill
LaBomba182

From: WaIIy

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 23:35:30 -0500, prodigal1 wrote:

WaIIy wrote:

Who's the paranoid one?

Since you don't get it, I'll explain. Anyone crossing into the good ol'
US of A can be fingerprinted and photographed at the whim of an
individual customs officer. The way you clowns are heading I wonder how
long it will be until travellers into the States get tattooed, perhaps
on a forearm?
On principle I have terminated 25 years of yearly travel with my family
to Florida and will not return to the US until reason returns. There are
many other sunny destinations where my disposable income is welcomed and
quite frankly needed to a much greater degree.

Have someone read the USA Patriot Act to you, better still have someone
convert it into comic book form so that it will be easier for you to
comprehend. Detention without charges or right to access to counsel,
extortion/coercion of "cooperation" of public facilities like libraries,
wiretapping, eavesdropping, "Homeland Security", "Coastal Watch"
programs, encouragement of informing, etc...

You poor schmuck. The Bushstapo has trampled your constitutional rights
and you're too clued out to realize it.

You are from Quebec, correct?

Enough said.

Your right.

Being from Quebec would explain his/her concise, well written explanation that
went right over, or is that through, your head.

Capt. Bill