Vito

"Doug Dotson" wrote
It is quite common for bars and such to prohibit firearms. I/ve seen
some that even provide a gun-check service.

"JAXAshby" wrote
you might take a look at Texas. Every place in Texas that serves even

beer --
such as pizza places -- has a large sign in plain view reminding one and

all
that it is a felony to be in possesion of a fire arm in the place.

It is illegal to carry a concealed firearm in a place licensed to sell
alchoholic beverages by the drink in Virginia unless you are the owner or an
employee (eg, the bouncer).

JAXAshby

it is the law in Texas.

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
you might take a look at Texas. Every place in Texas that serves even
beer --
such as pizza places -- has a large sign in plain view reminding one and
all
that it is a felony to be in possesion of a fire arm in the place.

Well, there are liberal carry laws in place in Arizona, Virginia, and
several
other states. I don;t hear of widespread killings there. My ex carries all
the time and has yet to kill anyone or even draw her weapon. The
deterrent value is undesputed in those states that allow one to carry
or at least have a weapon in their home.

Doug

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
As a very famous person once said: An armed society is a polite
society.

the most polite society in America ever was the society in the Wild West
of the
1880's, when even young women packed a six gun and often a rifle as
well.
At
lot of people died, but they were most usually polite to each other
right
up
until the firing started.

Doug Dotson

Your point?

it is the law in Texas.

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
As a very famous person once said: An armed society is a polite
society.

the most polite society in America ever was the society in the Wild
West
of the
1880's, when even young women packed a six gun and often a rifle as
well.
At
lot of people died, but they were most usually polite to each other
right
up
until the firing started.

Doug Dotson

I'm not familar enough with the laws in all states regarding such
things. If firearms are prohibited in certain places in many states that
have liberal carry laws, then it would be construed as common.

dougie, your statement something is "common" when in fact it is the law.

From: "Doug Dotson" AMcom
Date: 10/19/2004 9:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Your point?

it is the law in Texas.

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
As a very famous person once said: An armed society is a polite
society.

the most polite society in America ever was the society in the Wild
West
of the
1880's, when even young women packed a six gun and often a rifle as
well.
At
lot of people died, but they were most usually polite to each other
right
up
until the firing started.

JAXAshby

Doug, I guess you do not know what the word "common" means.

sorry, dood.

From: "Doug Dotson"
AMcom
Date: 10/19/2004 9:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time