Karl Denninger

There are only two ways that a flaregun makes a good defensive weapon:

1. You also have a high-pressure hose connected to your fuel system and
can first douse him/her/it with gas or diesel fuel.

OR

2. You can shove the flaregun down his mouth before popping the cap.

Just make sure if you choose (1) that you don't score an "own goal".

Karl Denninger ) Internet Consultant & Kids Rights Activist
http://www.denninger.net My home on the net - links to everything I do!
http://scubaforum.org Your UNCENSORED place to talk about DIVING!
http://www.spamcuda.net SPAM FREE mailboxes - FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME!
http://genesis3.blogspot.com Musings Of A Sentient Mind

In article ,
Doug Dotson wrote:

And if you don't kill them (him, her, ?) then you might be dead.
If you settle for a knock down, then how fast and how many times
can you reload your flare pistol? You choose.

Doug

"Lauri Tarkkonen" wrote in message
In "Doug Dotson"
writes:

Cactuses (sp?) have pretty soft flesh and don't wear clothes. Might knock
someone down but not kill them. The other options will actually kill an
attacker.
Not sure how a flare gun is better?

In many cases it might be better to just knock the attacker down, if you
kill him you might be in real deep trouble.

- Lauri Tarkkonen

Geoffrey W. Schultz

What happened to GWB's power of veto? Hey, just because 60+% of the
country was against letting the ban expire, who cares, right?!? Cowbow
up!

-- Geoff

"Doug Dotson" wrote in
:

My teenagers are not teenagers anymore. Not aware that they ever
shot anyone at school. Not aware that GWB has authorized any
sales and use of automatic weapons. The assault weapons that were
banned and are now not banned are not now and never were automatic
weapons. The assault weapons ban had absolutely no affect on
crime. That is why no politician was interested in standing behind
its renewal. GWB had no power in any regard. Laws are made
by Congress, not by the President.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Lauri Tarkkonen" wrote in message
In "Doug Dotson"
writes:

You seems to like to kill people. I understand why your teenagers
have to start shooting wildly around when they get into school,
perhaps that is the only time they can do it first.

Of course a flare pistol is not a very efficient weapon if killing
the other person is the only option. I understand why GWB has to free
the sales of automatic assault rifles. You really seems to need them.

- Lauri Tarkkonen

writes:

Cactuses (sp?) have pretty soft flesh and don't wear clothes. Might
knock
someone down but not kill them. The other options will actually
kill an attacker.
Not sure how a flare gun is better?

In many cases it might be better to just knock the attacker down,
if you kill him you might be in real deep trouble.

- Lauri Tarkkonen

Doug Dotson

GWB can only veto a bill that has been placed before him after
being passed by the House and the Senate. No one in Congress
introduced legislation to renew the ban. I assumed that you are
American and understand how our govenment operates.
Sorry.

Doug

7...

writes:

Cactuses (sp?) have pretty soft flesh and don't wear clothes. Might
knock
someone down but not kill them. The other options will actually
kill an attacker.
Not sure how a flare gun is better?

In many cases it might be better to just knock the attacker down,
if you kill him you might be in real deep trouble.

- Lauri Tarkkonen

prodigal1

Doug Dotson wrote:
GWB can only veto a bill that has been placed before him after
being passed by the House and the Senate.

correction:
GWB can only veto a bill that has been placed before him _only_ after
being rewritten into comic book format, and only after one of daddy's
handlers has explained what a "veto" is.
Keith

Automatic weapons have been illegal for years, and still are for the general
public. The term "assualt weapon" is poorly defined, and was just made up to
ban a few rifles that "looked bad". GWB didn't do anything... the bill
banning those "assualt weapons" hit it's sunset date, and ended without
congress trying to re-enact it. At least they had some sense.

Your misconceptions are just what the anti-gun lobby wants. Sorry you fell
for it.

--

Keith
__

"Lauri Tarkkonen" wrote in message

Of course a flare pistol is not a very efficient weapon if killing the
other person is the only option. I understand why GWB has to free the
sales of automatic assault rifles. You really seems to need them.

- Lauri Tarkkonen

BF

Doug,
Sorry to say you are wrong here.

Logic and truth have no place in American Politics today, if they ever
did.

writes:

Cactuses (sp?) have pretty soft flesh and don't wear clothes. Might
knock
someone down but not kill them. The other options will actually
kill an attacker.
Not sure how a flare gun is better?

In many cases it might be better to just knock the attacker down,
if you kill him you might be in real deep trouble.

- Lauri Tarkkonen

rhys

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 23:25:54 -0400, "Doug Dotson"
wrote:

I have a 25mm flaregun and some flares that are about to go
out of date. I'll have some fun and get back to the group.

Doug
s/v Callista

Call your Coast Guard first. They don't like false alarms G
Me

In article ,
"Geoffrey W. Schultz" wrote:

What happened to GWB's power of veto? Hey, just because 60+% of the
country was against letting the ban expire, who cares, right?!? Cowbow
up!

-- Geoff

Nope, not even close. 60+% of those polled by the Brady Bunch were
opposed, and Congress couldn't even get a major minority to support its
reinactment. I got mine before the Ban went into effect, many years
before.......

Me