Tamaroak

I have crossed the border into Canada several times with flare pistols
and bear spray and noxious cleaning chemicals and who knows what else I
could get in trouble with in Canada. I have had no trouble and I declare
all when I cross the border. I also bring some documentation about the
bear spray and a float plan showing I'm off to the remote sections of
Alaska or Ontario, not some bar in Vancouver.

I've had a lot less trouble with Canadian authorities than I have with
the folks on the US side.

Yes, flare pistols can be a weapon, as can boat hooks, anchors, regular
flares, chlorine, hot oil, an anchor rode and any number of the devices
and chemicals I have onboard.

Be straight with these folks and you won't have any trouble.

Capt. Jeff