Jim

Jesus Jax, Your going farking balmy in your old age. You were bad
before but now your right off the bleedin' wall, mate. You disappeared
for a while and life was good around here at rbc but now your back and
like Bobsprit, your
like killer bees, fire ants, wasps and skeeters....... a major
irritation. Are you really John Ashby from Manhattan?
I would love to get together for a coffee. Keep on ranting and the big
guys in the white jackets are taking you to
Bellevue in short order. Were you kicked as a child perhaps? Now try
to be nice.........

JAXAshby wrote:

Most gunnuts
(your term) are normal folks.

no, they are not at all normal. They are the short sticks and those who
believe themselves to be short sticks.

you know, the guys who can't get laid but even by the fat chicks.

Jelle

Doug Dotson wrote:

"Jelle" wrote in message
Craig wrote:

Although you probably are a typical & dangerous gunnut, the product
might
be usefull.

You'll have to further differentiate between typical and dangerous and
gunnut (gunnut: can't find that word in the dictionary). Most gunnuts
(your term) are normal folks. Matter of fact they are generally the most
conscientious and safest owners of guns.

Maybe. But the gunnut that does not own any guns is miles safer, to himself
and his surroundings.
generalizing Having lots of gunnuts in a culture is indicative of a
culture where is is normal to solve conflicts by the use of guns. And that
is very dangerous don't you think? /generalizing

The correct link is: http://www.firequest.com/catalog/flares.html

Thanks! I was having trouble tracking it down.

It was a tough and hard job to click that faulty link yes.
Being so anti-weapon

How would you know?
it is interesting that you knew it and are willing to forward to along.

I may not agree to his or your opinions, but he has every right to speak
about them. I saw his own inability to place the correct link as and
obstruction to this right of free speech so I solved that for him.

Besides, if it saves one live because some gunnut chose to load this shell
instead one paked with lead, then that is a positive thing.

Seems to me that you would make every effort to supress the proliferation
of such things.

In my country it is already prohibited. The gun is, and the shells are. The
number of peole killed per capita is orders of magnitude lower than the
USA's. Indeed only criminals have guns, and they use them to kill other
criminals. There are gunnuts here too, but most can only get horny from
pictures of guns as they (luckily) don't have the real thing.

Personally I'd look for something that protects me while I am sleeping
etc. Not something I have to have within reach, as that can only increase
the uneasiness.

Are there other inanimate objects you are scared of?

yes: you.

You cannot feel safe if you have to have a weapon nearby
all the time,

I feel very safe with a weapon at close reach. Are you afraid that the
weapon is going to jump up and attack you?

If you feel safer in an area where you don't need that gun at close hand,
you were not feeling safe before. JAX usually is full of gas, but he summed
it up quite nicely.

and that defeats the whole purpose of sailing.

That's silly!

I pity you for your constant distrust and fear. But you don't have to defend
you position, nor will i defend mine on this subject. It is irrelevant in
this ng, and irrelevant because neither of us will convince eachother nor
anybody else. it is just a moot discussion.

I found i quite interesting to see that you completely disregarded the
non-offensive solution I proposed. But you cannot hold that one in your
hand so you probably are not interested in it
--
vriendelijke groeten/kind regards,

Jelle

JAXAshby

sorry, jimmy, I stand by my statement re gun nuts.

From: Jim
Date: 10/18/2004 12:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time

--------------070105060809020300010303

JAXAshby wrote:

Most gunnuts
(your term) are normal folks.

no, they are not at all normal. They are the short sticks and those who
believe themselves to be short sticks.

you know, the guys who can't get laid but even by the fat chicks.

--------------070105060809020300010303

head title/title/headJesus Jax, Your going farking balmy in your
old age. You were bad beforebut now your right off the bleedin' wall, mate.
You disappeared for a whileand life was good around here at rbc but now your
back and like Bobsprit,your
like killer bees, fire ants, wasps and skeeters....... a major irritation.
Are you really John Ashby from Manhattan?
I would love to get together for a coffee. Keep on ranting and the big
guysin the white jackets are taking you to
Bellevue in short order. Were you kicked as a child perhaps? Now try tobe
nice.........

JAXAshby wrote:
blockquote type="cite"
" blockquote
type="cite" Most gunnuts
(your term) are normal folks.
/blockquote !----
no, they are not at all normal. They are the short sticks and those who
believe themselves to be short sticks.

you know, the guys who can't get laid but even by the fat chicks.

/blockquote

--------------070105060809020300010303--

From: Jim

Date: 10/18/2004 12:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time

JAXAshby wrote:

[...]

JAXAshby wrote:
blockquote type="cite"
" blockquote
type="cite" Most gunnuts
(your term) are normal folks.
/blockquote !----
no, they are not at all normal. They are the short sticks and those who
believe themselves to be short sticks.

you know, the guys who can't get laid but even by the fat chicks.

/blockquote

--------------070105060809020300010303--

Doug Dotson

"Jelle" wrote in message
Doug Dotson wrote:

"Jelle" wrote in message
Craig wrote:

Although you probably are a typical & dangerous gunnut, the product
might
be usefull.

You'll have to further differentiate between typical and dangerous and
gunnut (gunnut: can't find that word in the dictionary). Most gunnuts
(your term) are normal folks. Matter of fact they are generally the most
conscientious and safest owners of guns.

Maybe. But the gunnut that does not own any guns is miles safer, to
himself
and his surroundings.
generalizing Having lots of gunnuts in a culture is indicative of a
culture where is is normal to solve conflicts by the use of guns. And that
is very dangerous don't you think? /generalizing

No. As a very famous person once said: An armed society is a polite society.
Interestingly enough, the Founding Fathers wished all citizens to be armed.
Herse, the Second Amendment.

[...]

Correct.

I found i quite interesting to see that you completely disregarded the
non-offensive solution I proposed. But you cannot hold that one in your
hand so you probably are not interested in it
--
vriendelijke groeten/kind regards,

Jelle

JAXAshby

As a very famous person once said: An armed society is a polite society.

the most polite society in America ever was the society in the Wild West of the
1880's, when even young women packed a six gun and often a rifle as well. At
lot of people died, but they were most usually polite to each other right up
until the firing started.

JAXAshby

Interestingly enough, the Founding Fathers wished all citizens to be armed.
Herse, the Second Amendment.

That was not because the Founding Fathers were looking to build a "polite"
society, but rather the Founding Fathers felt that an armed citizenry made it
difficult for a dictatorship to evolve.

Doug Dotson

Well, there are liberal carry laws in place in Arizona, Virginia, and
several
other states. I don;t hear of widespread killings there. My ex carries all
the time and has yet to kill anyone or even draw her weapon. The
deterrent value is undesputed in those states that allow one to carry
or at least have a weapon in their home.

Doug

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
As a very famous person once said: An armed society is a polite society.

the most polite society in America ever was the society in the Wild West
of the
1880's, when even young women packed a six gun and often a rifle as well.
At
lot of people died, but they were most usually polite to each other right
up
until the firing started.

JAXAshby

you might take a look at Texas. Every place in Texas that serves even beer --
such as pizza places -- has a large sign in plain view reminding one and all
that it is a felony to be in possesion of a fire arm in the place.