JAXAshby

speaking of dementia ...

Can you say dementia?

moose stored, I believe the word used for someone like you who is terrified

of
3 foot seas in a Tayana 37, yet intends to push the button on an EPIRB when

the
beer runs low is "chicken****". You may have dementia as well, but we were

not
discussing that.

You scorn me for preferring my foam in a schooner?... shame.

JAXAshby

so, moose store, you are saying you haven't even *one* book? That is stranger
than usual, for most idgits read at least one before proclaiming experthood.

moose store, for crimminy sakes!! read another book before you post again.

Old salts like us don't need no steenkeen books.

Roy Jose Lorr wrote:
Yep, it gets rid of that easy to get at, easy to repair, nasty old

ugly
rudder hangn from the transom.

There's no reason why a transom hung rudder couldn't be hung from an
open transom. Lots of racing boats have that exact arrangement... oh
wait, is that a dirty word?

How did 'racing boats' get into this?

I suppose you could design a mast hung rudder and with enough money,
build it. I'm sure there'd be much controversy pro and con in the water
holiday pulps but what the hey....

... Also does a swell job of reducing
living space in a given length.

??? Increasing reserve bouyancy aft increases interior space aft.

Scoop out the stern from above or below and you lose living space.

It's not those old fashioned counter sterns or double enders that have
whole staterooms tucked under the cockpit & quarters in 35 footers.

Whole staterooms in 35 footers? I guess that depends on your
definition of "stateroom".

... As for seaworthiness... the more
poops the better. Well, I suppose happy hour on the steps of a
swim cum fishing cum barbecue platform in mid ocean makes it
all worth it. Time to change the hood ornament.

Hood ornaments are dangerous... they block the drivers vision and they
gouge chunks out of unlucky pedestrians... not sure how that affects
behavior in following seas though.

Depends which way the trinket is facing.

JAXAshby

you *could* start with Dick and Jane.

moose stored, you are pretty ignorant about sailing. maybe you want to

read a
second, or even a third, book before you continue to post.

What's a good book to start with?

rhys wrote:
I gather Colvin hates the idea of getting pooped in a Jacuzzi-sized
cockpit. Well, who can blame him?

Roy Jose Lorr wrote:
Fitted cushion salesmen, for starters.

Or anyone who grasps the concept of sufficient reserve bouyancy coupled
with an open transom.

It's just amazing, if water gets in it runs right back out again quick
as a wink. And it's handy a lot of other ways, too.

Yep, it gets rid of that easy to get at, easy to repair, nasty old ugly
rudder hangn from the transom. Also does a swell job of reducing
living space in a given length. As for seaworthiness... the more
poops the better. Well, I suppose happy hour on the steps of a
swim cum fishing cum barbecue platform in mid ocean makes it
all worth it. Time to change the hood ornament.

JAXAshby

What's a good book to start with?

here ya go, moose store, over a half million for you. most people are become
advanced beginners somewhere after the first few dozen books. so, get hopping.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...books&btnG=Goo
gle+Search
otnmbrd

Except Doodles (better known as Jaxass), who's read countless books and
is STILL rated as 10 point below novice.
As we can see from his usual postings, part of his problem is reading
comprehension, since he can't spell so he's not all that sure what the
words say or mean.

otn

JAXAshby wrote:
What's a good book to start with?

here ya go, moose store, over a half million for you. most people are become
advanced beginners somewhere after the first few dozen books. so, get hopping.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...books&btnG=Goo
gle+Search

Roy Jose Lorr

JAXAshby wrote:

moose stored hits and runs totally unable to accept responsibility for his
actions below. it clearly shows why moose store should never own an EPIRB

Judging from your posts you're in constant distress, so I suggest
you keep yours with you at all times..

that is what you said, moose stored. changed your mind, or just can't

remember
what you said from one day to the next?

Produce a quote where I said any such thing.

well, for one, you think fitted cockpit cushions make a boat more
seaworthy.

Huh?

--

The last stage of
utopian sentimentalism

JAXAshby

since he can't spell so he's not all that sure what the ...

spelink is fer sexretaries, English lip magors, em ef ayes, and other who
cain't but jes barely gets threw callege.

Roy Jose Lorr

JAXAshby wrote:

speaking of dementia ...

Can you say dullard?

Tayana 37 Bulwark leaks mitch Cruising 1 May 5th 04 02:28 PM
More Tayana stuff Wendy Cruising 40 February 25th 04 04:45 AM
Nil's Teaching Offer Rick ASA 3 October 19th 03 06:38 AM
FS or Trade new 2002 percertion lucid - best offer couchonroof Whitewater 0 July 14th 03 11:40 PM