Default Queen For A Day - Free 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis

Hi, All,

To date, we have no takers, and no direct inquiries, either, for our offer
of a free car. So, without fear of depriving someone, a modification of the
offer...

We're going to be shaking down both Flying Pig, the boat we've been working
on for the last two years, and ourselves, also off the water for that time,
for a couple of months. In early March, we'll return to a mooring in Vero
Beach, just down the street from where Lydia's mother is currently helping
out in a house her very best high school friends used to own before they
died some years ago.

Once ashore, we'll be doing the kids and grandkids circuit, as well as
attending a wedding of one of Lydia's kids, all made easier by having a car
available to us. We'll be back in Vero the second week in April, and after
some reprovisioning, leave again for the foreseeable future.

At that time, I will renew the offer so that folks don't lose sight of it.
However, in the meantime, we'll still take mail for who might get the car
when we've finished with it.

Meanwhile, for those who are interested (and I'll put up a bit more detailed
log posting just before we go), most of the pictures of our refit are now up
on our gallery. Just the last-minute stuff is more than 20 projects
completed...

L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

When a man comes to like a sea life, he is not fit to live on land.
- Dr. Samuel Johnson

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
[...]

I just thought of another option you might consider.

Store the car someplace (like a relative) where it can
be stored free. That way if something unforeseen happens
to the "Flying Pig" and she founders or something you
will have a new place to live if you move into the car.

Considering all the crap you've installed into the "Pig"
over the years the back seat alone of the car probably
has more room than the entire accommodation of your
overloaded yacht. LOL.

--
Sir Gregory

" Sir Gregory Hall, Esq·" åke wrote in message
I just thought of another option you might consider.

Store the car someplace (like a relative) where it can
be stored free. That way if something unforeseen happens
to the "Flying Pig" and she founders or something you
will have a new place to live if you move into the car.

Considering all the crap you've installed into the "Pig"
over the years the back seat alone of the car probably
has more room than the entire accommodation of your
overloaded yacht. LOL.

--
Sir Gregory

:{)) The car is being stored at a relatives, sort of, but I have no
interest in insuring a car for years until such time as I might need it, and
hope it started after all that time, so I'll have it available as before...

As to allowable space, nothing's changed, other than some has been opened up
as I've given away a couple of hundred pounds of this and that, which we've
never used, yet.

The next major refit period, of which I'm hopeful there is a great deal of
time intervening, likely I'll offload a lot of other stuff, too. But, not
yet.

Much to my annoyance, which I recall finding out at the time I upgraded my
chartplotter in the last refit, my chart chip ends about 330 feet north on
the ICW from where we are right now. It's funny how dependent we become on
those things, because I have at least as much, and nearly certainly more,
charts of anyplace we're likely to go before the wedding, as well as a
couple of computer programs of charts, to keep the comfort level up. I also
have an RDF, handheld compass, handheld GPS, main compass, and LOTS of
paper, so even if it all went to hell in a handbasket, I think we'd be ok...

So, I'll redo the offer in mid-March, and hope there is someone we can
benefit. In the meantime, lock up your daughters, I'm heading your way
(well, SGHE's, anyway - and anyone else in the Keys)...

L8R

Skip

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
[...]

You should get the Captain software and hook your GPS up to a laptop.
Automatic chart plotter with all charts available with the Capt. Software.
I could even burn you a copy.

Let me know if you're in the Key Largo area.

--
Sir Gregory

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 13:42:32 -0500, " Sir Gregory Hall, Esq·"
åke wrote:

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
[...]

Jealousy certainly is a powerful emotion, isn't it.

--
Chers,

Bruce

" Sir Gregory Hall, Esq·" åke wrote in message

You should get the Captain software and hook your GPS up to a laptop.
Automatic chart plotter with all charts available with the Capt. Software.
I could even burn you a copy.

Let me know if you're in the Key Largo area.

--
Sir Gregory

I have Cap'n, and my GPS talks to my computer. But not at the helm :{))

Also running OpenCPN and MaxSea (which charts I'm just now transitioning all
the NOAA and Cap'n softcharts into).

However, we'll come see you in KL in any event.

L8R

Skip