BoatBanter.com

-   -   Cannibal (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/122566-cannibal.html)

Jessica B February 11th 11 12:28 AM

Cannibal

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 13:40:04 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
snip

Or a luxurious cruise ship where you had all the comforts of home and then
some . . .

I would do that, but I think most of the people who go on those things
are overweight and all they do is eat the entire time. At least there
are some limitations on planes about actually fitting into a seat! I
had a cross-country flight last year (LA to NY) and asked to move. The
guy was grossly fat and hanging into my seat.

Probably there are a lot of obese folks as I hear tell the food is available
almost 24/7.

I think it's getting worse. Honestly, some people should not go to the
beach!

Ewwww, I used to hate that when I flew a lot. End up with a middle seat
sandwiched between two fatties who sort of ooze over into my space. Of
course, their love handles take up both armrests so you sit there all
scrunched into a small space. And, I've noticed that many fat people must
worry about if they stink because both men and women seem to go extra heavy
on the cheap perfume or cologne. I hate that. Gives me a headache. I'd
rather smell BO than cheap perfumes and colognes.

I might have to take a flight in the next couple of months, so thanks
for reminding me!

Nope, I think world voyaging on a small sailboat is for masochists.
Coastal
cruising, on the other hand, is really a nice challenge and physically
enjoyable. You'd love some of the deserted beaches in the Bahamas - miles
of
sand with nary a soul to be seen. There was this one long stretch of beach
really liked on the north end of Great Guana. I'd anchor on the bay side
and
dinghy to shore. Then I'd walk across the island (about a quarter mile
wide)
to the beach on the ocean side. Then I'd run barefoot around the north end
of the island and then on to the bayside where the beach petered out. Then
would swim along the shore back to the boat. All told about a three mile
round trip. Sometimes I didn't see anyone the whole time. Nice!

Seems like all the interesting things happen close to the shoreline,
so why spend weeks in the middle of the ocean? Well, I guess for some
it's fun.

Coastal cruising is where the adventure is. There is always a challenge -
more like driving on the back roads instead of the interstate highways. Just
so much more to see and do and more to have to pay attention to. It's never
boring or at least I've never gotten bored with it. The open ocean voyaging
people go for long periods of routine and that's what they seem to like.

To each his own, but I'd rather be near land. :-)

I guess I'd be a bit worried about leaving the boat and then coming
back and it wasn't there any more. I'm sure you're really good at
anchoring, but... Also, what if someone takes the boat? It might be a
long walk (or swim) home.

People stealing a sailboat is pretty rare as they are so slow and easy to
catch up with. I don't worry about that at all. I do worry about somebody
coming aboard and stealing things when I'm ashore out of sight of the boat.
One time in the Bahamas there was questionable surroundings so as I dinghied
ashore I waved at the boat as if I was waving to somebody on board. Later
on, on shore some native asked if I had crew aboard as he saw me waving.
LOL. Simple insurance!

Oh yeah... duhh.. not like a power boat.

If anchored and going ashore in dubious weather conditions (like the
possibility of thunderstorms and strong gusty winds) I make sure to put down
two anchors and dive them in if the holding is questionable. Usually, I just
wait for decent weather. Even if MY anchors hold there is always the less
skilled sailors whose boats can and do drag all over the place and I don't
want them dragging down on my boat and damaging it.

Two of the front? I guess you could put them away from each other
somehow. Otherwise they'd get all tangled. How deep do you anchor
typically? I guess in the Keys it must be pretty shallow... like 10 to
20 feet? If less than that don't you worry about waves picking up the
boat and letting it land on the bottom.. or is that impossible?

Jessica B February 11th 11 12:32 AM

Cannibal

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 13:52:43 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
snip

You'd really have to keep covered up with a long t-shirt or something here
in the Florida sunshine. It can be brutal even if one HAS a good base tan.
Even I avoid the mid-day sun. Just too powerful. You'd only be able to be
bikini babe for maybe an hour or so a day. :-(

There's got to be some shade around somewhere... although the
reflection from the water makes me look like a raccoon with rings
around my face from the sunglasses. :-)

Yup, the reflection off the water is a double-whammy.

You DO wear particularly large sunglasses. I bet you'd look very fetching in
some librarian outfit, with Sarah Palin eyeglasses, your hair up and one
curled strand of hair falling down the side.

The mean librarian look? Heh... I don't usually wear my hair up...
just tied in the back or in a pony if my niece gets ambitious.

snip

So guys who go clubbing to pick up women don't have much luck there or are
you and your girlfriends not the norm in that you go just to socialize -
not
to get laid? But, I suppose it is flattering to have guys hitting on you
even if you aren't "easy."

I guess they have "luck" depending on how much they enjoy STDs. :-) I
can't imagine going home with someone I just met in bar/club.

Sure... it's flattering for about 20 seconds. Then, it's just
annoying. Put it this way... how would you like to be having a really
nice conversation with your best friend about something important to
both of you and some stranger comes up and just starts talking? I
don't drink that much, so even if someone wants to buy me a drink, I
have to go through the whole thing about no, I'm not thirsty, as
evidence, I still have 3/4 of a drink.

I think I get it. It *would* be a bother if it happened all the time. It
might be a novelty once or twice but after a while it would become an
imposition. Like, you have no life other than being on display for horny
guys to pick you up. Just meat. Yuck. I don't do the bar scene. I just can't
stand the smoke. In restaurants here in Florida they have banned smoking but
smoking is still allowed in most bars even if they serve food provided they
make most of their money from sales of liquor.

Right.. like once or twice while we're sitting there is flattering.
five times gets old. (I mean not me so much but my friend)

No smoking out here. Honestly, I don't care if someone wants to cough
up blood when they're 62, but I don't want to.

First date? No way! At least not since college. Too many STDs floating
around... too many psychos. These days, you have to have references
just to get your phone call answered. LOL

That's HARD, Jessica. LOL! But, I think you're on to something. This one
woman I meet on the Internet I got interested in and she, I, so she
invited
me to visit her. But, before she did she ran a paid background check on me
just to make sure I wasn't some psycho creep with a criminal record or
something. In her defense she had two teenage boys to watch out for, too.
It
didn't really work out romantically but we ended up as friends. So, even
though you joke about references, it's probably not a bad idea.

Yeah, with two kids, you have to be extra cautious. Caller ID is
great!

I have friends who've dated people from the web... eharmony. I think
it's hit or miss no matter what you do.

You really do have to meet people, face-to-face, in order to find out if you
are still interested. . . They say the mind is the main sex organ and I
believe it.

Jessica B February 11th 11 12:32 AM

Cannibal

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:29:38 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 18:57:44 -0800 (PST), Bob
wrote:

Yup... it was a strange major/minor combo... Politics/Psychology.. for
what it was worth. But, I got hired by the Los Angeles code dept, then
when something opened up in Santa Monica, I switched. I'm actually
thinking of going back to the LA dept. I know a bunch of people there
and I'd get a raise.

Now aint that interesting......... I happen to have a cousin that
worked for CalTrans for years. Later moved and went to work for the
City of Santa Monica for the last 10+/- years. I think Ill email my
cousin and see just how many Jessy Bs are working for the "code
department."

Bob.

Probably none, but maybe a Willard :-)

Oh ye of little faith!!!

Wilbur Hubbard

They sound like stalkers. Whatever.

Jessica B February 11th 11 12:34 AM

Cannibal

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:28:38 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message

Yup... it was a strange major/minor combo... Politics/Psychology.. for
what it was worth. But, I got hired by the Los Angeles code dept, then
when something opened up in Santa Monica, I switched. I'm actually
thinking of going back to the LA dept. I know a bunch of people there
and I'd get a raise.

Now aint that interesting......... I happen to have a cousin that
worked for CalTrans for years. Later moved and went to work for the
City of Santa Monica for the last 10+/- years. I think Ill email my
cousin and see just how many Jessy Bs are working for the "code
department."

Bob.

Jessica B is definitely real. Nobody could make up such a perfect woman.
She's got it all - superior brains, superior ethics, superior morals,
superior philosophy and a hot, fit body. It just doesn't get any better than
that. . .

I have a feeling that they wouldn't know what a real person was if
they got bit by one. Interesting that he didn't mention his cousin's
name...

Jessica B February 11th 11 12:39 AM

Cannibal

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:26:16 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 15:44:24 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 17:51:37 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
om...
snip

Small quibbles.... not that young, not that beautiful (ok, damn nice
looking) :), extremely captivating (plain? hello?) LOL

And, definitely no self-esteem problems. LOL! I like that about you.

And, not THAT kind of plain, silly!

I almost said WTF? :-)

Nope, definitely NOT plain. (no freakin' way!!!) Hey, you seem
well-spoken
(well-written is perhaps a more apt term). Did you get a college degree?
Engineering perhaps?

Yup... it was a strange major/minor combo... Politics/Psychology.. for
what it was worth. But, I got hired by the Los Angeles code dept, then
when something opened up in Santa Monica, I switched. I'm actually
thinking of going back to the LA dept. I know a bunch of people there
and I'd get a raise.

I bet you hated politics since you're no liberal. How could you stand all
those freaking liberal professors trying to indoctrinate you? Psychology has
always interested me. I like to try to figure out what makes people tick.

Politics was fun because they encouraged debate. As long as you
defended your arguments, your grades didn't suffer. We had a couple of
"conservative" profs, but you're right they were mostly liberal.

As for a raise, heck, your blog says you make a bunch of money. I hope you
are putting all you can into a 401 or deferred compensation for retirement.
At your age you can almost be a millionaire when you retire if you can get
modest interest and keep contributing the max.

Ah, you visited.. cool. I don't make tons... do ok. I'm saving money,
definitely. I have a trust set up for my niece, since I don't plan on
having kids.

Isn't Santa Monica a healthier place to live than LA? What with all the air
pollution in the basin and all? Some things such as a relative clean
environment are way more important than a little more dough.

It is, but I wouldn't have to move. They have several locations.

-- just returned from laying on another coat of paint. Now to let it dry a
bit and pull the masking tape before it gets really stuck on hard.

Do you use the famous blue tape? :-)

Jessica B February 11th 11 12:39 AM

Cannibal

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:31:44 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 15:46:51 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 17:54:08 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
om...
\

I don't like soul mate much either... I am willing to learn about
sailing, as long as there's no yelling.

That would be strictly up to you. Some girls just lose it entirely when
in
the throws of passion. LOL! Just kidding . . .

Not to worry, I don't yell at people. I don't even like to raise my
voice.

I could imagine throws of passion while sailing!

You could? OMG! Errr . . . never mind.

I was thinking in the Zen mode silly man.

Dangit! Well, you can't blame a guy for dreaming, can you? :-)

Dream on! lol

Jessica B February 11th 11 12:41 AM

Cannibal

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:40:45 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
snip

Hey, I'm a light-weight! One beer every two hours (max two) is about
all I can take!

Well, I suppose you don't weigh very much at 5'5" and in great shape so
your
blood/alcohol level probably rises way faster than mine at 170 pounds.
Your
metabolism is probably running faster than mine, as well. I generally
start
getting a bit buzzed after about four beers.

No and I'm not saying either. With four beers I would be in a coma.

I bet I could still talk to you then. After all, I manage to talk here to
Bruce, Skippy, WaIIy, Joe etc. LOL!

Ouch..

I have to give at least six months notice if I take a vacation. :-(

Wow, your services must be greatly in demand.

We don't have a lot of staff. Someone was sick today, and we had a
backlog. That's why I got home so late.

Do you get time and a half for overtime or comp days, at least?

Right. No extra pay. If I work 8 or more extra hours in a week, then I
get a 1/2 day comp. BIG F*CKING DEAL.

Real generous of them to trade you four hours for eight. What a rip-off!

At least when I worked for the state we got eight hours comp for 8 hours
overtime or time and a half pay for eight hours overtime (double time for
holidays). I always thought it was pretty dumb to take the comp day because
it amounted to half again less pay. Duh!

I try not to work extra because of it.

Jessica B February 11th 11 12:41 AM

Cannibal

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:44:59 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 16:05:41 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
snip

Oh JESUS!! I don't think I could take snakes falling from the sky.
lol

Oops! I guess I shouldn't have told you that . ..

I GUESS NOT!!!!

You're so cute!

Yes, yes... :-)

And modest! snicker

Honest. :-)

Tell that to Bruce, Waldo and WaIIy. They don't seem to think you are even
real. ;-)

They're right! I'm totally unreal! lol

Jessica B February 11th 11 12:41 AM

Cannibal

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:47:38 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 16:10:02 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
snip

Yeah, it's a pseudo gang thing... no idea what it means. Probably get
shot by some Mexican gang, since the translation is something rude
about someone's mother. LOL

That figures! Three bikini partners in crime.

We look out for ourselves... :-)

Wow... 7! I just have 2 siblings. My mom couldn't have more after me
for health reasons.

For little hellion reasons. LOL!

She wanted more kids, but had some physical problems.. I always wanted
a little sister.

Then YOU wouldn't have been the *spoiled* one. I only had one sister and
she
was so spoiled. But, I guess she had to be to survive six mean brothers.
LOL!

My parents tried to spoil me, but my brother (closest in age) wasn't
having any. He stole everything extra until I was about 10, then I got
fed up and hit him in the side with his baseball bat... bruised a rib.

Little hellion was an apt term for a young you, it seems. I hope you've
grown out of it at least a little bit.

Yeah a little bit.. :-)

Jessica B February 11th 11 12:45 AM

Cannibal

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:55:23 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 16:13:47 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
snipped a bunch

Ok. You definitely need to STOP telling me about all this stuff!! I am
NOT interested in burning up, drowning, getting eaten by sharks,
getting stung by yellow jackets, etc., etc....

Timid little soul! Where's your yearning for a little excitement? ;-)

Alive and well and totally uninterested in being anywhere near a
disaster. :-)

And you're afraid of snakes falling from the sky? LOL!

Seems tame by comparison! :-)'

Yup, it's all a matter of perspective.

So, do you travel much? Do you have family in your area or do you go
somewhere for holidays? Do you ever get out this way? We only have a
few earthquakes a year that you can actually feel...

I don't travel much anymore except in my boat. I've never been to California
except when I worked for Suzuki. They had offices in Brea but that has been
25 years or so ago, now. As close as I got on vacation was Utah, Nevada,
Arizona - took a long motorcycle ride, camped out, etc. I even saw that big
Meteor Crater and Carlsbad Caverns.

Earthquakes, I don't think would bother me unless buildings started to
tumble down or some such. Tsunamis could be a problem though. I'd rather
live in hurricane country - at least you get plenty of warning.

Brothers and sister are scattered all across the country and I don't visit
them much or at all any more. Parents are deceased. Too bad California is so
hard to get to by boat. I don't have any desire to try to do the Panama
Canal route. And Cape Horn is way too far and dangerous.

Brea? That's not far from here... We're expecting the big one any day.
I don't know if things will fall down or not. I suppose. Oh well...
Carpe Diem I guess. Don't know about tsunamis... There must be some
warning I suppose for that.

I'd love to visit the Canal. It's supposed to be one of the wonders of
the world.

Jessica B February 11th 11 12:46 AM

Cannibal

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 18:01:57 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 16:30:07 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
snip

Way back then I did a little canoe camping. A canoe and some camping
gear and off into the wilderness - just like the Indians. Not that
enjoyable in the Maine forests and swamps with the sketters and deer
flys as company. Fun while you're young but I guess you outgrow these
things (Thank God! :-)

Wimp! You never outgrew anything - throwing in the towel half way to a
goal
is not outgrowing; it's failing.

Wilbur Hubbard

Whatever are you going on about? What goal do you think I only
accomplished half of?

Admit it. You started out with plans of a circumnavigation but, due to the
fact that you had too big a boat to handle, the entire hapless attempt
ground to a halt about half way around.

Everybody knows it's true.

Wilbur Hubbard

Sounds like he got stranded... although it supposed to be nice there.

Stephen Trapani February 11th 11 01:03 AM

Cannibal

wrote:

"Jessica wrote in message
snip

Oh JESUS!! I don't think I could take snakes falling from the sky.
lol

Oops! I guess I shouldn't have told you that . ..

I GUESS NOT!!!!

You're so cute!

Yes, yes... :-)

And modest!snicker

Honest. :-)

Tell that to Bruce, Waldo and WaIIy. They don't seem to think you are even
real. ;-)

Well, maybe if you hadn't created numerous fake identities (like the one
you're using now) and maybe if you hadn't had numerous fake
conversations with yourself, and maybe if you hadn't told them they
needed to have faith (which is what you do when you try to believe
something there is no good reason to believe), they might fall for this one.

Stephen

Wilbur Hubbard February 12th 11 07:55 PM

Cannibal

"Jessica B" wrote in message
snip

I think it's getting worse. Honestly, some people should not go to the
beach!

It can get really really bad on the beaches around here. It's the Canadian
snowbird problem. Not only are most of them obese but they are totally white
and pasty-skinned while the women are fond of thong bikinis and the men
Speedos. Sometimes it's difficult not to wretch at the sight of them.

I might have to take a flight in the next couple of months, so thanks
for reminding me!

You're welcome. ;-) Perhaps you'll think of me when you're all crammed in
there . . .

snip

Two (anchors) of(f) the front? I guess you could put them away from each
other somehow. Otherwise they'd get all tangled. How deep do you anchor
typically? I guess in the Keys it must be pretty shallow... like 10 to
20 feet? If less than that don't you worry about waves picking up the
boat and letting it land on the bottom.. or is that impossible?

You've sure got a good head on your shoulders, girl. Yes, two anchors off
the bow as in "Bahamian Style" which is anchors placed about 60 degrees
apart as described by the angle of the anchor rodes. In a tidal current they
are places slightly up current and slight down current so when the tide and
current changes the boat still lies between both with relatively equal
pulls. In a wind only situation one places the anchors more like 90-120
degrees apart and this holds the bow directly into the wind and it doesn't
sheer around.

I generally prefer to anchor in relatively shallow water - around six feet
at mean low water. Yes, the Keys have very shallow water in many places. As
for waves picking up the boat and slamming it on the bottom that's not
likely to happen in wind-generated wave action, at least. See, it's the
depth of the water that determines the height of the wave and the depth of
the wave trough in shallow water. In six-foot deep water the largest
wind-generated wave possible would be about three feet. So, that would still
give a three-foot cushion for a 3-foot draught boot in one fathom of depth -
one fathom being six feet.

Forgive me for getting a bit technical, Jennifer, sweetheart. I know you can
handle it as you are as intelligent as you are beautiful (and that's
intelligent almost beyond belief). But, I imagine being technical might be
quite the mental challenge for the likes of Bruce et al. LOL!

Wilbur Hubbard

Wilbur Hubbard February 12th 11 08:05 PM

Cannibal

"Jessica B" wrote in message
snip

The mean librarian look? Heh... I don't usually wear my hair up...
just tied in the back or in a pony if my niece gets ambitious.

Yes, that stern, professionally-dressed librarian wearing big eyeglasses
with the promise of wild passion hidden beneath is every man's fantasy. LOL!
Ever do French braids - that's hot!

snip

Right.. like once or twice while we're sitting there is flattering.
five times gets old. (I mean not me so much but my friend)

No smoking out here. Honestly, I don't care if someone wants to cough
up blood when they're 62, but I don't want to.

I don't blame you. That's one reason I hate motor boaters so much. How dare
they pollute the very air I breath when here I am living way out of the way
and one of the reasons for doing so is I can breathe clean air.

That's ONE thing California did right - cracked down on the air pollution -
especially indoor by banning smoking almost everywhere. I'm glad they didn't
manage to legalize pot. That would be just another source of air pollution.

Speaking of air pollution, I rode up to Miami yesterday with a friend who
was picking up his bike from the shop where he was getting a new fork
installed (the old one cracked and needed to be replaced) and the air was
noticably smelly. This was right before the cold front passed and the air
was relatively still and humid. We Americans have a term for the smelly
Miami air - Cuban monoxide. LOL!

Wilbur Hubbard February 12th 11 08:08 PM

Cannibal

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:29:38 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

Yup... it was a strange major/minor combo... Politics/Psychology.. for
what it was worth. But, I got hired by the Los Angeles code dept, then
when something opened up in Santa Monica, I switched. I'm actually
thinking of going back to the LA dept. I know a bunch of people there
and I'd get a raise.

Now aint that interesting......... I happen to have a cousin that
worked for CalTrans for years. Later moved and went to work for the
City of Santa Monica for the last 10+/- years. I think Ill email my
cousin and see just how many Jessy Bs are working for the "code
department."

Bob.

Probably none, but maybe a Willard :-)

Oh ye of little faith!!!

Wilbur Hubbard

They sound like stalkers. Whatever.

They probably wouldn't know what to do with or how to treat a real, live,
beautiful woman. LOL! This sounds corny but a man's got to appreciate a
woman's mind first and foremost and the more intelligent the woman, the more
necessary this becomes.

Wilbur Hubbard February 12th 11 08:16 PM

Cannibal

"Jessica B" wrote in message
snip

I bet you hated politics since you're no liberal. How could you stand all
those freaking liberal professors trying to indoctrinate you? Psychology
has
always interested me. I like to try to figure out what makes people tick.

Politics was fun because they encouraged debate. As long as you
defended your arguments, your grades didn't suffer. We had a couple of
"conservative" profs, but you're right they were mostly liberal.

I guess that was a 10-12 years ago and maybe colleges weren't quite so
liberal back then. Now, from what I've heard, they are at least 90% very
liberal professors, so much so that they will give a conservative student
who presents a conservative viewpoint a low grade. It's become all about
indoctrination over education.

As for a raise, heck, your blog says you make a bunch of money. I hope you
are putting all you can into a 401 or deferred compensation for
retirement.
At your age you can almost be a millionaire when you retire if you can get
modest interest and keep contributing the max.

Ah, you visited.. cool. I don't make tons... do ok. I'm saving money,
definitely. I have a trust set up for my niece, since I don't plan on
having kids.

Didn't your myspace say 'kids - maybe later?' or some such? Well, you're
quite young still and there's time to change your mind at least a few times.

Isn't Santa Monica a healthier place to live than LA? What with all the
air
pollution in the basin and all? Some things such as a relative clean
environment are way more important than a little more dough.

It is, but I wouldn't have to move. They have several locations.

Gotcha!

-- just returned from laying on another coat of paint. Now to let it dry a
bit and pull the masking tape before it gets really stuck on hard.

Do you use the famous blue tape? :-)

A girl who knows about blue tape. How sexy is THAT!

Wilbur Hubbard

Wilbur Hubbard February 12th 11 08:18 PM

Cannibal

"Jessica B" wrote in message
snip

Dangit! Well, you can't blame a guy for dreaming, can you? :-)

Dream on! lol

Hey, I can have it just the way I like it in my dreams. ;-)

Wilbur Hubbard February 12th 11 08:19 PM

Cannibal

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:40:45 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
. ..
snip

Hey, I'm a light-weight! One beer every two hours (max two) is about
all I can take!

Well, I suppose you don't weigh very much at 5'5" and in great shape so
your
blood/alcohol level probably rises way faster than mine at 170 pounds.
Your
metabolism is probably running faster than mine, as well. I generally
start
getting a bit buzzed after about four beers.

No and I'm not saying either. With four beers I would be in a coma.

I bet I could still talk to you then. After all, I manage to talk here to
Bruce, Skippy, WaIIy, Joe etc. LOL!

Ouch..

Well, those guys deserve it. They don't even think you are real. Duh!

Wilbur Hubbard February 12th 11 08:25 PM

Cannibal

wrote:

"Jessica wrote in message
[...]

Who me? Fake identity? Perish the thought. I just use different nyms for
different accounts in order to keep everything straight. Is that so wrong?
And, don't forget that even though Chicken Little ran around saying the sky
is falling it doesn't mean that the sky will never fall, ever.

Wilbur Hubbard

Wilbur Hubbard February 12th 11 08:30 PM

Cannibal

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:47:38 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
[...]

Jessica, you're just so delicious! You seem to instinctively know that men
really enjoy living a little dangerously when it comes to their women. What
an expert flirt you are. ;-)

Carry on . . . Please!

Wilbur Hubbard February 12th 11 08:32 PM

Cannibal

"Jessica B" wrote in message
snip

Brea? That's not far from here... We're expecting the big one any day.
I don't know if things will fall down or not. I suppose. Oh well...
Carpe Diem I guess. Don't know about tsunamis... There must be some
warning I suppose for that.

I think it's pretty close to Disneyland, too.

I'd love to visit the Canal. It's supposed to be one of the wonders of
the world.

I wouldn't mind seeing it on a big ship but it's got to be way too
intimidating on a small sailboat. It would be easy to get crushed or flushed
down the toilet, so to speak . . .

Wilbur Hubbard

Wilbur Hubbard February 12th 11 08:33 PM

Cannibal

"Jessica B" wrote in message
snip

After seeing that latest picture you linked to, I'd be remiss if I DIDN'T
say you are beautiful and your friends are quite so, as well. California
has
a reputation for having lovely girls and I guess it's well-deserved. But,
sure hope you don't speak like a 'Valley Girl" LOL!

We only speak VG when we're joking around. I'm NOT from the valley.
I'm from the beach community. Grew up in Palos Verdes.

That VG-speak is extremely funny. Do they still do it for real or was it a
passing fad?

Wilbur Hubbard February 12th 11 08:36 PM

Cannibal

"Jessica B" wrote in message
snip

Admit it. You started out with plans of a circumnavigation but, due to the
fact that you had too big a boat to handle, the entire hapless attempt
ground to a halt about half way around.

Everybody knows it's true.

Wilbur Hubbard

Sounds like he got stranded... although it supposed to be nice there.

He could have ended up in a far worse place, that's for sure. But, I'm just
guessing that's what happened as I can't imagine somebody setting out to
sail to and live in Thailand of all places. Seems kind of a cheesy place to
live. I can sure think of a lot of better places than that.

Wilbur Hubbard February 12th 11 08:38 PM

Cannibal

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 18:20:26 -0800 (PST), Bob
wrote:

Then you have some liberal like WayneB, who was probably born with a
silver
spoon in his mouth, casting aspersions upon the character of his moral
and
ethical betters. People who side with the bloated federal government are
worse than despicable.

Personally I was born a poor white boy. My moma at age 18 went to work
as a welder in WW2 building Liberty Ships.
My mom got knocked up when she was welding in the Bremerton shipyard
around teh Korean war.. Thats where I came about. I spent my child
hood in orchards cause she had to pick fruit and work in laundries
cause nobody would hire a woman welder. I had to work hard for evey
thing I got cause she OR the goventment couldnt/wouldnt give me ****.

Sooo I learned an an education was my way up and out and as my
education taught me how to be a:
1) Independent life long learner
2) critical consumer of media

I learnde the REpublican party does not want people education past
12th grade. Why?????????

I just did a quick google search and the average years of education in
the US is 12. In fact, we lead the world in that number. So, I don't
know why you're putting down the US and blaming the Republican party.

Bob's probably one of those leftist, commie pinko, entitlement addicts.
Typical of the type. Live off the fat of the land and gripe about those who
produce it.

Wilbur Hubbard February 12th 11 09:08 PM

Cannibal

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 22:01:32 +0000, Justin C
wrote:

In article , Jessica B wrote:
On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 17:40:49 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
m...
snip

Not the intimate details (it's been so long I've forgotten most all of
that
sort of thing anyway) just the obvious and desirable public physical
and
mental attributes is what I know exactly how I like them to be.

Sense of humor, for example, means a lot and Jessica seems to have a
pretty
good one. Sort of a dry humor which is unusually attractive in a girl.

Thanks! (Not much for slapstick humor - another fault in some
people's eyes, but I just don't get it)

Agreed. Though when I was a kid I did enjoy the Three Stooges. But, now
like my humor a little more on the cerebral side.

I guess before my time. I liked The Jerk... especially when Steve
Martin tries walking with the chair around his legs.

This thread is no longer relevant to this newsgroup, it is a personal
conversation. Would you both please take this to email so that we can
get back to what is of interest to the group as a whole, and not just
two members of its members.

Justin.

Oh come on. Perhaps you should just ignore it or is that too
difficult? I don't think it's a federal requirement that you read
every post.

You've got them all with tongues lolling out of their mouths. They are
trying to convince themselves you aren't real because you are being friendly
and interested in yours truly and they are green with envy. If only they
could get you to befriend them, their tunes would change to a different not.
But, they stubbornly persist in their folly. They obviously don't know the
value of a woman such as yourself - a real diamond in a coal bin.

Wilbur Hubbard February 12th 11 09:10 PM

Cannibal

"WaIIy" wrote in message
snip

Justin, it's his split personality. He taught his blowup doll to type.

Jessica IS a doll but that other little slur about inflation is insulting.

Wilbur Hubbard

Justin C[_39_] February 12th 11 10:35 PM

Cannibal

wrote:

This thread is no longer relevant to this newsgroup, it is a personal
conversation. Would you both please take this to email so that we can
get back to what is of interest to the group as a whole, and not just
two members of its members.

Oh come on. Perhaps you should just ignore it or is that too
difficult? I don't think it's a federal requirement that you read
every post.

Or perhaps you could just accept that the polite thing to do is take
your conversation to email.

It seems OK to you and Wilbur that you discuss the etiquette of
seamanship, and criticise those whom you believe to lack it yet the
etiquette of usenet seems to pass you both by. Your, and his, ignorance
of such things is showing, may we start criticising now?

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

Justin C[_39_] February 12th 11 10:41 PM

Cannibal

In article , CaveLamb wrote:

[snip]

You mean like THIS one???

Richard, Bruce, and Wally. I'm still open to the possibility that
Jessica is a real person, maybe that it a naive statement, but until I
have reason to believe otherwise I'll not add her (as I have Wilbur and
his other puppets) to my killfile.

Actually, now that I'm actually wasting my time discussing her posts (as
I don't see Wilbur's), rather than discussing sailing, I don't think it
matters, I'll add her to the KF and not be bothered by their
conversation regardless of it's on or off topic nature.

Thank you for helping me see sense.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

Bruce[_3_] February 13th 11 11:28 AM

Cannibal

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 22:41:13 +0000, Justin C
wrote:

In article , CaveLamb wrote:

[snip]

You mean like THIS one???

Richard, Bruce, and Wally. I'm still open to the possibility that
Jessica is a real person, maybe that it a naive statement, but until I
have reason to believe otherwise I'll not add her (as I have Wilbur and
his other puppets) to my killfile.

Actually, now that I'm actually wasting my time discussing her posts (as
I don't see Wilbur's), rather than discussing sailing, I don't think it
matters, I'll add her to the KF and not be bothered by their
conversation regardless of it's on or off topic nature.

Thank you for helping me see sense.

Justin.

Well, I accept that theoretically it is possible that a woman who
appears to be the perfect mate for Willie just happened to click on a
group containing the maladroit mariner. After all miracles are reputed
to still come to pass, although I haven't heard a burning bush say a
word in years.

However I, for one, don't believe it and I suspect that with old age
Willie-boys distaff side is beginning to peep through the foliage.
Given his usual vehement tirades disallowing women to even be onboard
a boat it seems strange that, if the inculpable Jessie is a female,
she should suddenly become the apple of his eye so suddenly now. Just
as he is becoming aware, now in his dotage, that he has never, not
even once, accomplished anything to be proud of.

Cheers,

Bruce

Bruce[_3_] February 13th 11 11:33 AM

Cannibal

wrote:

This thread is no longer relevant to this newsgroup, it is a personal
conversation. Would you both please take this to email so that we can
get back to what is of interest to the group as a whole, and not just
two members of its members.

Oh come on. Perhaps you should just ignore it or is that too
difficult? I don't think it's a federal requirement that you read
every post.

Or perhaps you could just accept that the polite thing to do is take
your conversation to email.

It seems OK to you and Wilbur that you discuss the etiquette of
seamanship, and criticise those whom you believe to lack it yet the
etiquette of usenet seems to pass you both by. Your, and his, ignorance
of such things is showing, may we start criticising now?

Justin.

You don't seem to understand. YOU are not allowed to criticize Willie,
only he - the maladroit Marina - is allowed to apply the lash of
criticism on the backs of honest sailors.

Cheers,

Bruce

Stephen Trapani February 13th 11 04:25 PM

Cannibal

wrote:

This thread is no longer relevant to this newsgroup, it is a personal
conversation. Would you both please take this to email so that we can
get back to what is of interest to the group as a whole, and not just
two members of its members.

Oh come on. Perhaps you should just ignore it or is that too
difficult? I don't think it's a federal requirement that you read
every post.

Or perhaps you could just accept that the polite thing to do is take
your conversation to email.

It seems OK to you and Wilbur that you discuss the etiquette of
seamanship, and criticise those whom you believe to lack it yet the
etiquette of usenet seems to pass you both by. Your, and his, ignorance
of such things is showing, may we start criticising now?

Justin.

If he took it to email with no one watching him converse back and forth
with himself it would defeat the whole purpose, wouldn't it? You do know
what the purpose is, don't you? You know he's trying to get the goat and
make jealous those who scorn him here by convincing you that some babe
loves all the things everyone here hates, don't you? I'm pretty sure
he'll be happy if just one or two believe it and the rest have some
doubt. And you know the inevitable conclusion to his tale don't you?
When he drunkenly forgets to change profiles and mistakenly puts the
wrong name with the wrong profile as he has done here so many times and
then claims the person is visiting him...that's when you'll get your
"happy ending" to this tale, as they say. Can't you see it coming a mile
away?

Stephen

Wilbur Hubbard February 13th 11 04:44 PM

Cannibal

wrote:

[...]

Actually, you might just be doing me a BIG favor. It could be that the
lovely, talented and highly-desirable Jessica B might just get fed up with
all you naysayers and decide to drop in for a visit and a sail. That way I
could get photos of her and I together and make you skeptics so green with
envy and so embarrassed by your non-believer attitudes.

I'm convinced that perhaps the only thing that would make my fine yacht
photos better-looking is JessicaB posing on deck in her bikini! (Or me in
the picture giving her a hug just so you wouldn't be able to claim it's a
Photoshop job or some such other lame response.)

She hasn't posted lately, though. I sure hope you Rubes haven't driven her
off . . . You all should learn to appreciate the finer things in life of
which Jessica B is definitely a prime example.

Wilbur Hubbard

Wilbur Hubbard February 13th 11 08:42 PM

Cannibal

wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, I think he was just bluffing . . .

Wilbur Hubbard February 13th 11 09:27 PM

Cannibal

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 22:41:13 +0000, Justin C
wrote:

In article , CaveLamb
wrote:

[...]

You are allowed to indulge yourself in whatever irrational thinking as is
your wont, Bruce, and you may also insult me all you wish. I'm am not
thin-skinned by any means. However, you should attempt to be more of a
gentlemen when it comes to treating with the ladies. And, mark my words,
Jessica B is a lady.

It just so happens that there exists a certain subset of genetically
superior women such as our Jessica B whose genetics express themselves in
both superior bodies as well as intellects. But, such as these are quite
rare. So, perhaps some might be forgiven for their skepticism in regards to
Jessica's obvious perfection which, to us - the more jaded, might seem to be
some sort of a false construct created to ensnare the naive. Is it so
unlikely that such a fine example of womanhood might be drawn towards
discourse with a mature and highly appreciative man who applauds her for
what she is and what she represents and that Jessica might well be attracted
to a man of the mind because she is a woman of the mind?

Face it! It's not like Jessica's here for any kind of physical
gratification. Any woman who looks as fine as she does most certainly has
plenty of real-life opportunities for that type of thing, wouldn't you say?
This newsgroup is strictly an abode of the imagination. It is a place where
one can express one's self honestly and appreciate others with like
qualities.

Wilbur Hubbard

Jessica B February 15th 11 01:33 AM

Cannibal

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 14:55:29 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
snip

I think it's getting worse. Honestly, some people should not go to the
beach!

It can get really really bad on the beaches around here. It's the Canadian
snowbird problem. Not only are most of them obese but they are totally white
and pasty-skinned while the women are fond of thong bikinis and the men
Speedos. Sometimes it's difficult not to wretch at the sight of them.

Ok, well, I can get pasty. :}

I might have to take a flight in the next couple of months, so thanks
for reminding me!

You're welcome. ;-) Perhaps you'll think of me when you're all crammed in
there . . .

Next to obese people? Nah... I'll be thinking of someone in better
shape than that!

[...]

So, that's what they do in the Bahamas? I've never been, but it's
pretty close to you? How do you get the second anchor in the right
place? You can't put them in at the same time, so you must have to get
the boat to the second spot. It must be tough to judge where it is in
relation to the first one, since it's on the bottom.

I generally prefer to anchor in relatively shallow water - around six feet
at mean low water. Yes, the Keys have very shallow water in many places. As
for waves picking up the boat and slamming it on the bottom that's not
likely to happen in wind-generated wave action, at least. See, it's the
depth of the water that determines the height of the wave and the depth of
the wave trough in shallow water. In six-foot deep water the largest
wind-generated wave possible would be about three feet. So, that would still
give a three-foot cushion for a 3-foot draught boot in one fathom of depth -
one fathom being six feet.

Ok... I get it I think, and if it's really, really bad weather, you
could put the boat somewhere where it's more protected...

Forgive me for getting a bit technical, Jennifer, sweetheart. I know you can
handle it as you are as intelligent as you are beautiful (and that's
intelligent almost beyond belief). But, I imagine being technical might be
quite the mental challenge for the likes of Bruce et al. LOL!

Tech away! I get jargon thrown at me all the time from contractors...
I was riding with a gf of mine and she tells me she hears a noise from
under the car, so I said I know what that is.. Really??? Well, yeah,
it's the band clatter of either the drive shaft or the transmission...
now if it's the drive shaft then it's not too serious, but if it's the
transmission, well you might be able to get someone to adjust it but
it probably needs to get replaced. She was amazed and then angry when
I told her I made it all up.

Wilbur Hubbard

Jessica B February 15th 11 01:33 AM

Cannibal

wrote:

In article , CaveLamb wrote:

[snip]

You mean like THIS one???

Richard, Bruce, and Wally. I'm still open to the possibility that
Jessica is a real person, maybe that it a naive statement, but until I
have reason to believe otherwise I'll not add her (as I have Wilbur and
his other puppets) to my killfile.

You're open to it? Wow..

Actually, now that I'm actually wasting my time discussing her posts (as
I don't see Wilbur's), rather than discussing sailing, I don't think it
matters, I'll add her to the KF and not be bothered by their
conversation regardless of it's on or off topic nature.

Thank you for helping me see sense.

Justin.

You're so evolved!

Jessica B February 15th 11 01:36 AM

Cannibal

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 16:27:09 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 22:41:13 +0000, Justin C
wrote:

In article , CaveLamb
wrote:

[...]

I was enjoying his rant right up until he called me Jessie... don't
like that AT ALL!

It just so happens that there exists a certain subset of genetically
superior women such as our Jessica B whose genetics express themselves in
both superior bodies as well as intellects. But, such as these are quite
rare. So, perhaps some might be forgiven for their skepticism in regards to
Jessica's obvious perfection which, to us - the more jaded, might seem to be
some sort of a false construct created to ensnare the naive. Is it so
unlikely that such a fine example of womanhood might be drawn towards
discourse with a mature and highly appreciative man who applauds her for
what she is and what she represents and that Jessica might well be attracted
to a man of the mind because she is a woman of the mind?

Genetically superior? Hmm.... well, except for my skin tone, I could
live with that!

Face it! It's not like Jessica's here for any kind of physical
gratification. Any woman who looks as fine as she does most certainly has
plenty of real-life opportunities for that type of thing, wouldn't you say?
This newsgroup is strictly an abode of the imagination. It is a place where
one can express one's self honestly and appreciate others with like
qualities.

Wilbur Hubbard

True... well, I've learned a few things about sailing, so if I ever go
again, I'll be able to say something and not look totally stupid.

Jessica B February 15th 11 01:37 AM

Cannibal

wrote:

In article , CaveLamb wrote:

[snip]

You mean like THIS one???

Richard, Bruce, and Wally. I'm still open to the possibility that
Jessica is a real person, maybe that it a naive statement, but until I
have reason to believe otherwise I'll not add her (as I have Wilbur and
his other puppets) to my killfile.

Actually, now that I'm actually wasting my time discussing her posts (as
I don't see Wilbur's), rather than discussing sailing, I don't think it
matters, I'll add her to the KF and not be bothered by their
conversation regardless of it's on or off topic nature.

Thank you for helping me see sense.

Justin.

Justin, remember this is only Usenet where some people
play out their psychological issues.

This is a place where a person with the boat equivalent of the
Oscar Mayer Weinermobile can have his very own girlfriend.

Pretty soon, he will write to Jessica -

"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

Be thankful you live far away.

I don't even want to know....

Jessica B February 15th 11 01:38 AM

Cannibal

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 16:08:29 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
[...]

It's fine with me. Hey you guys: I'm not real. I'm just a figment of
your imagination. That should do it.

Correction: loony bin