BoatBanter.com

-   -   Attention all sailboats in the Key Largo area. (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/121751-attention-all-sailboats-key-largo-area.html)

Wilbur Hubbard January 2nd 11 10:26 PM

Attention all sailboats in the Key Largo area.

Cut the Mustard is going sailing Monday with a brand new bottom paint job.
Bayside, Key Largo area. Buttonwood Bay and thereabouts.

Challenge me at your own risk. I will, no doubt, leave floundering in my
wake any sailboat up to and including 32-footers.

Wilbur Hubbard

slide[_4_] January 3rd 11 02:36 PM

On 1/2/2011 3:26 PM, Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
Cut the Mustard is going sailing Monday with a brand new bottom paint job.
Bayside, Key Largo area. Buttonwood Bay and thereabouts.

Challenge me at your own risk. I will, no doubt, leave floundering in my
wake any sailboat up to and including 32-footers.

The term is 'foundering' unless you are a fish.

Flying Pig[_2_] January 3rd 11 06:08 PM

Attention all sailboats in the Key Largo area.

Ah, Wilbur...

Too bad we're in the Bahamas (where we have similar conditions forecast
other than the 75ish water).

However, if we get to the states early enough, we'll have to dawdle our way
north, and we'll be sure to make KL one of our stops...

L8R

Skip and Lydia, doing boat chores as usual before going off to volleyball
for my exercise

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

"Believe me, my young friend, there is *nothing*-absolutely nothing-half so
much worth doing as simply messing, messing-about-in-boats; messing about in
boats-or *with* boats.

In or out of 'em, it doesn't matter. Nothing seems really to matter, that's
the charm of it.

Whether you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your
destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get
anywhere at all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in
particular; and when you've done it there's always something else to do, and
you can do it if you like, but you'd much better not."

Wilbur Hubbard January 3rd 11 06:57 PM

Oh well.

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...

Cut the Mustard is going sailing Monday with a brand new bottom paint job.
Bayside, Key Largo area. Buttonwood Bay and thereabouts.

Challenge me at your own risk. I will, no doubt, leave floundering in my
wake any sailboat up to and including 32-footers.

The weatherman becomes more and more inept. NOAA marine forecasts used to be
able to predict the winds pretty accurately, but not any more. The last
couple of years they really SUCK at it.

Tow days ago they predicted winds out of the NE at 7-14 knots, one day ago
they predicted the same for toady and all day there has been light and
variable conditions. Too frustrating to even try sailing in light and
variable crap so, after waiting all morning for the winds to fill in and
they never did, I gave up on sailing for today.

I guess I'll just laze around the cockpit and drink a six-pack of cold
Yuengling Traditional Lager. Good stuff.

heavy sighs of relief from all the J-Boats who were shaking in their
Docksiders

Wilbur Hubbard

Wilbur Hubbard January 3rd 11 07:04 PM

"slide" wrote in message
On 1/2/2011 3:26 PM, Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
Cut the Mustard is going sailing Monday with a brand new bottom paint
job.
Bayside, Key Largo area. Buttonwood Bay and thereabouts.

Challenge me at your own risk. I will, no doubt, leave floundering in my
wake any sailboat up to and including 32-footers.

The term is 'foundering' unless you are a fish.

Negative. It's easy to tell you are no sailor.

In the above context, floundering means struggling while foundering means
sinking. While my blue water Coronado 27 is, indeed, blindingly fast there
is no way her wake is large enough to sink even your typical, flimsy,
oil-canning Macgregor 26.

Wilbur Hubbard

Jessica B January 3rd 11 07:14 PM

Oh well.

On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 13:57:47 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
tanews.com...

[...]

I've never had the traditional lager, but I had the Black/Tan last
year in New York. It must be warm in S. Florida! ... it's only
supposed to get to the mid-60s out here.. brrrr....

Gordon January 3rd 11 07:23 PM

Oh well.

The weatherman becomes more and more inept. NOAA marine forecasts used to be
able to predict the winds pretty accurately, but not any more. The last
couple of years they really SUCK at it.

Tow days ago they predicted winds out of the NE at 7-14 knots, one day ago
they predicted the same for toady and all day there has been light and
variable conditions. Too frustrating to even try sailing in light and
variable crap so, after waiting all morning for the winds to fill in and
they never did, I gave up on sailing for today.

http://www.theweatherprediction.com/

Become your own weatherman using NOAA base figures.

Gordon

Wilbur Hubbard January 3rd 11 08:18 PM

Oh well.

wrote:

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
ctanews.com...

[...]

I was impressed at how tasty the Traditional Lager is. Price is reasonable,
too. It was on sale for ten bucks a 12-pack of bottles or cans. The bottles
drink better.

My outside temperature reads 78.8 and the inside temperature reads 78.4 at
15:56 EST. Water temp is about 65 degrees because of the cold snap a week or
so ago. Next cold frontal passage is supposed to be this week-end.

Wilbur Hubbard

Jessica B January 3rd 11 10:05 PM

Oh well.

On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 11:23:30 -0800, Gordon wrote:

The weatherman becomes more and more inept. NOAA marine forecasts used to be
able to predict the winds pretty accurately, but not any more. The last
couple of years they really SUCK at it.

Tow days ago they predicted winds out of the NE at 7-14 knots, one day ago
they predicted the same for toady and all day there has been light and
variable conditions. Too frustrating to even try sailing in light and
variable crap so, after waiting all morning for the winds to fill in and
they never did, I gave up on sailing for today.

http://www.theweatherprediction.com/

Become your own weatherman using NOAA base figures.

Gordon

Nice link... thanks!

Jessica B January 3rd 11 10:12 PM

Oh well.

On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 15:18:30 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
. octanews.com...

[...]

I don't think Yuengling is available out here. Whenever I go to a
party, it's always wine, wine, wine. Never a beer or a decent one
anyway.

80... sigh.. I hate cold weather! I think I need a warm vacation, but
work is work.

Do you think you'll get wind for sailing when the cold front arrives
or will it be too much? Not really familiar with the weather down
there.. all we have here is fog... endlessly I think.
--

47 is special