Default 35s5 Heart of Gold Website-UPDATED

"jeff" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
"jeff" wrote in message
Capt. Rob wrote:
Check out the now NEARLY complete website for a 1990 Beneteau First
35s5...Lots more info, pics and video!

http://heartofgold35s5.synthasite.com/

Hey Bob, I wasn't just trolling when I questioned you on the phrase
"United States Coast Guard inspected vessel." This has a very specific
meaning and since HofG is almost certainly not an "inspected vessel,"
you put yourself at risk by claiming to visitors that it is. There are
numerous safety requirements that are rather difficult for a smaller
boat to meet - many are immediately obvious to any observer, such as
larger lifelines and prominent labeling.

Since you need a Master's License to command an Inspected Vessel, one
might assume you're also claiming to have such a license. Add to this
your requirement that guests bring supplies beyond their personal needs,
which means they are "passengers for hire." Your wording this as a
"requirement" crosses the line of even the more liberal interpretation
of that reg. Considering all of this, you could be in serious trouble
if someone got hurt.

I looked into getting my boat up to "inspected vessel" status. It would
have been quite a hassle, with a lengthy list of things to change. This
was right at the time I got my original OUPV. My mentor basically talked
me out of it.

I went through the same thinking when I got the PDQ. At first the
conversion didn't seem that onerous, but then I happened a take a trip on
a 50' cat that was Inspected and realized how difficult it would be for a
smaller boat to conform. All of those nice safety things on ferry boats,
like prominent labeling, and extra overboard gear, etc are all part of the
regs. Even if it were possible, it wouldn't be pretty!

RB assumes that because he had a "safety inspection" he is entitled to
declare his boat an "Inspected Vessel." Always the Used Car Salesman
mentality.

I won't comment on RB. The onerous stuff for me was the realization of
having to change the lifelines and find a place for the safety gear. I've
got some of the labeling in place, because I think it helps people who
charter feel secure, just like I have some labels on lines.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Wow...

A typical CG inspection is often done at our marina since they keep
two of their small boats with us. The Aux. members usually go aboard
and take about 20 minutes. It's VERY basic. Correct fire
extinguishers? Y Valve for head wired to holding tank position? Horn
and life vests? Like I said, the basics. When it's over you get a nice
CG white & red sticker saying your vessel passed/complies.

Now...a Coast Guard captain came to the marina and wanted a couple of
boats to "volunteer" for the inspections, which were part of some sort
of training program. My boat was hauled. He and his "students" were
aboard looking at everything from the rigging to the bilge. Oh...and
yes, I did get something out of it besides a nice certificate.

No, I won't post a PDF since I have nothing to prove nor am I required
to prove anything. The goofballs here can spin their wheels while I
sail and the thin grasp of what's legal in my claims is truly
hilarious. Court order? Everyone hold their breath!

New on Heart of Gold this year!

1) New lifelines
2) New lazy jacks
3) New Drifter
4) New 140% genoa
5) New Canton speaker system
6) New twin screen LCD TV system

Cheers.

RB
35s5
NY

At best it is misleading.

Only the trolls here gave it any notice. It's all that they could come
up with over my very nice site and boat.

RB

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

At best it is misleading.

Only the trolls here gave it any notice. It's all that they could come
up with over my very nice site and boat.

RB

Just trying to keep you out of trouble, Rob. Since you are convinced that it
won't matter to anyone, and that you'll never end up in court over it, good
luck to you. If, on the other hand, you are hauled into court by one of your
paying passengers who gets hurt while aboard your boat which you represented
as being an "Inspected Vessel," things could go very badly for you. At that
point you might wish that you had paid more attention to us "trolls."

But yes, you do have a nice boat and a nice site. Hope you get to keep them.

--
KLC Lewis
www.KLCLewisStudios.com

Capt. Rob wrote:

No, I won't post a PDF since I have nothing to prove nor am I required
to prove anything.

In other words, "I made it up, as usual."

Cheers
Martin

Excellent trolling there Capt Rob!

You haven't lost your touch one bit!

In only a matter of a few weeks you'll have them all jumping and biting at
empty hooks, just like you did at ASA!

You are certainly one of the most masterful trolls I've ever seen!

Bwahahahahahahahaha!

You'll be captain of this group in no time!

Ahahahahahaha!

Give them all the beatings they deserve!

Hehehehehehe!

I'll be watching and laughing!

On Mon, 11 May 2009 16:30:24 -0700 (PDT), "Capt. Rob"
wrote:

At best it is misleading.

Only the trolls here gave it any notice. It's all that they could come
up with over my very nice site and boat.

RB

Not one of them noticed the dockline wrapped around the backstay,
either!

OJust trying to keep you out of trouble, Rob. Since you are convinced
that it
won't matter to anyone,

I won't get into trouble of any kind. In fact, even if I had only
gotten the basic Aux. CG inspection and it was nine years ago I could
make the same statement.

RB

On May 11, 8:23 pm, Martin wrote:
Capt. Rob wrote:

No, I won't post a PDF since I have nothing to prove nor am I required
to prove anything.

In other words, "I made it up, as usual."

Right you are, Martin. Just like the shackles on the dock lines and
the boats you said I'd never buy. You've been so consistantly proven
wrong again and again it's simply amazing that you show up with your
bare face hanging out. Do you even sail a boat, Martin?

RB

Not one of them noticed the dockline wrapped around the backstay,
either!

And you didn't notice that it says Tampa FL on the back of the boat in
that shot!

Oops!

Learn to observe and you shall swallow fewer feet!

RB

35s5 Heart of Gold Capt. Rob ASA 294 September 24th 08 11:48 PM
Heart of Gold and the Girls of Gold! Capt. Rob ASA 2 June 15th 07 11:19 PM
Heart of Gold Website-Updates Capt. Rob ASA 17 August 22nd 06 12:31 AM
Heart of Gold Website Capt. Rob ASA 14 August 19th 06 02:21 AM
Heart of Gold Joe ASA 2 March 8th 06 01:23 AM