Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default 35s5 Heart of Gold Website-UPDATED

Wow...

A typical CG inspection is often done at our marina since they keep
two of their small boats with us. The Aux. members usually go aboard
and take about 20 minutes. It's VERY basic. Correct fire
extinguishers? Y Valve for head wired to holding tank position? Horn
and life vests? Like I said, the basics. When it's over you get a nice
CG white & red sticker saying your vessel passed/complies.

Now...a Coast Guard captain came to the marina and wanted a couple of
boats to "volunteer" for the inspections, which were part of some sort
of training program. My boat was hauled. He and his "students" were
aboard looking at everything from the rigging to the bilge. Oh...and
yes, I did get something out of it besides a nice certificate.

No, I won't post a PDF since I have nothing to prove nor am I required
to prove anything. The goofballs here can spin their wheels while I
sail and the thin grasp of what's legal in my claims is truly
hilarious. Court order? Everyone hold their breath!

New on Heart of Gold this year!

1) New lifelines
2) New lazy jacks
3) New Drifter