posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Heart of Gold Website

There will be 4 pages of info, but the first two pages are really an
overview. Info is scattered, but I'll tweak it in coming days.

There are two active pages now. The following pages will have many more
photos, plus video on deck and of the boat under sail.

http://hometown.aol.com/bobsprit/index.html

Link to page 2 is at the bottom

Enjoy!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Yes, it is.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..
That's a very nice website, Rob.

Scotty

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
There will be 4 pages of info, but the first two pages are

really an
overview. Info is scattered, but I'll tweak it in coming

days.

There are two active pages now. The following pages will

have many more
photos, plus video on deck and of the boat under sail.

http://hometown.aol.com/bobsprit/index.html

Link to page 2 is at the bottom

Enjoy!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Your website is very nice, I hope it suceeds in convincing you that you have
a nice boat. I did find one glaring error you may want to fix. Cockpit
length is not measured bulkhead to bulkhead, it is measured on the deck -
meaning the "floor" of your cockpit or along proper seating. The front 8
inches of your "cockpit" is actually part of a walkway out of the cabin, it
is not true seating because of the lack of space for the legs. You can stick
a tape measure into the cockpit somewhere and measure 7 feet (rounded up) as
you did, but when you measure based upon utility and function you will find
6 feet as the closer rounded number.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Cockpit
length is not measured bulkhead to bulkhead, it is measured on the deck
-
meaning the "floor" of your cockpit or along proper seating.

The floor of the cockpit is called the well. The length of the port or
starboard seat with teak slats is 7 feet. From seat-back to seat-back
is 5'9 where the back meets the seat.
If you doubt any of this I invite you to ask other 35s5 owners on the
google list where you'll find the exact same specs. No changes were
made to the 35s5 cockpit during production, so you'll get the same
answer that I've given.
That leads me to another good point I must add to the site. The flat
helm seat also has a coaming that is easy to walk across during tacks,
which makes that area perfectly fine for people to sit as well. Suzanne
and Thomas sit there a lot while I drive. My old C&C 32 basically gave
up that space due to the large helm seat.
Sorry, Bob. 7 feet is 7 feet is 7 feet. Thanks for the
compliments...the site will have two more pages of info and owner
comments added soon.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ps.com...

Cockpit
length is not measured bulkhead to bulkhead, it is measured on the deck
-
meaning the "floor" of your cockpit or along proper seating.

The floor of the cockpit is called the well.

The well is a volume term not a flat surface.. The floor is the "deck".

The length of the port or
starboard seat with teak slats is 7 feet. From seat-back to seat-back
is 5'9 where the back meets the seat.

Is the 7'0" or 6'10"? Since you are so knowledgeable in the ways of science,
5'9 denotes measurement more precision than 7 feet.

If you doubt any of this I invite you to ask other 35s5 owners on the
google list where you'll find the exact same specs. No changes were
made to the 35s5 cockpit during production, so you'll get the same
answer that I've given.
That leads me to another good point I must add to the site. The flat
helm seat also has a coaming that is easy to walk across during tacks,

Isn't that dangerous since the lifelines are so low?

which makes that area perfectly fine for people to sit as well. Suzanne
and Thomas sit there a lot while I drive. My old C&C 32 basically gave
up that space due to the large helm seat.
Sorry, Bob. 7 feet is 7 feet is 7 feet.

And one mile is one mile is one mile. But 6'10" is not 7 feet! 5,279 feet is
not one mile!

Thanks for the
compliments...the site will have two more pages of info and owner
comments added soon.

It is a nice web page, you have put a lot of work into it.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Is the 7'0" or 6'10"? Since you are so knowledgeable in the ways of
science,
5'9 denotes measurement more precision than 7 feet.

Look at it this way: You actually got me curious about the 35s5
cockpit. Is it "large" or it just more open and wider than some? So I
measured it and as I said, the seat length is indeed 7 feet. Now I
measured the Tartan 37 and Catalina in the SAME way. BUT those boats
don't have a continuous seat bench. It stops a foot or so before the
wheel. So both boats have less seating room than the 35s5. Same for the
Hunter 35. A Hunter 32 with a shorter cockpit had more seating room
with it's bathtub shaped arangement.
So if we put a "comfortable" amount of adults in the cockpit (not using
the coamings) we get two on each side and one more in the center
position at the companion way (my favorite spot). I'll leave the helm
area clear for a windy day and we get 1 helmsman and 5 guests. Frankly,
that's what's comfortable on the Catalina 42 as well and that cockpit
is longer by close to 2 feet. But because the benches terminate before
the helm, some space is lost.

Next week I'll be adding much more than just "fan" stuff to the
website.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

I look forward to you adding more to your informative website.

You still haven't addresses the 7 foot question. Do you consider 6'10" being
7 feet? What is the actual cockpit length measurent to the nearest half
inch? Many are beginning to wonder about your claim. No one will laugh at
you for having a sub-7 foot cockpit. As you have said, it's all how it is
laid out and most know that Madame Beneteau was a stickler for such things.

My boat also has a 7 foot cockpit, it is 7'6" long, all unhindered seat
bench. It's a very spacious cockpit, there's no binnacle, barney posts,
ridiculously large wheel. Now would someone with a 7 foot cockpit (actually
6'6") with a binnacle, wheel, etc claim the same spaciousness as mine?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

You still haven't addresses the 7 foot question. Do you consider 6'10"
being
7 feet? What is the actual cockpit length measurent to the nearest half

inch? Many are beginning to wonder about your claim.?

I think if anyone is that curious about the specs, and they "wonder"
about my claim, they can simply go to the Google based Beneteau group.
The 35s5 cockpit bench measures exactly 7 feet. Exactly. Not 6'10 or
7'1.
If you need this data from a 2nd or 3rd source you may post to the
google group or even Sailnet.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"...plenty of room for my wife! She is also fitted with a proper sized
head complete with sink, vanity, storage and wetlocker."

LOL!!! We're leaving in a few hours for a short cruise to...somewhere.
We'll probably just grab a mooring in Oyster Bay or anchor nearby. Be
back tomorrow night.

RB
35s5
NY