posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default Heart of Gold Website

Cockpit
length is not measured bulkhead to bulkhead, it is measured on the deck
-
meaning the "floor" of your cockpit or along proper seating.

The floor of the cockpit is called the well. The length of the port or
starboard seat with teak slats is 7 feet. From seat-back to seat-back
is 5'9 where the back meets the seat.
If you doubt any of this I invite you to ask other 35s5 owners on the
google list where you'll find the exact same specs. No changes were
made to the 35s5 cockpit during production, so you'll get the same
answer that I've given.
That leads me to another good point I must add to the site. The flat
helm seat also has a coaming that is easy to walk across during tacks,
which makes that area perfectly fine for people to sit as well. Suzanne
and Thomas sit there a lot while I drive. My old C&C 32 basically gave
up that space due to the large helm seat.
Sorry, Bob. 7 feet is 7 feet is 7 feet. Thanks for the
compliments...the site will have two more pages of info and owner
comments added soon.

RB
35s5
NY