Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.building

Default 17 foot mahogany barrelback runabout just finished

Hi all,

We just completed a brand new, not restored, 17 foot African mahogany
barrelback runabout. The really cool thing about this boat is that is has
twin 85 peak HP ELECTRIC MOTORS, Yes I said electric.

So far we have had her up over 30 MPH!.

I had to start from scratch as we could find no plans available anywhere. I
found some hull design software and we took some offsets from a 1/8 scale
model and modified the hull from there to accommodate the twin screws and
additional weight of the batteries.

We are carrying a 15000 watt battery pack of 100 amp hour deep cycle AGM
batteries which will give us all day cruising at hull speed with some
reserve to show off when desired.

Check out our web site www.edison-marine.com

There are some streaming videos on the site.

Tom in Oregon