Default 17' Mahogany runabout just completed

Hi All,

Check out our website.

www.edison-marine.com

This is an electric powered boat that really performs. We have achieved
speeds of over 30 MPH to date.

Tom in Oregon

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:46:48 GMT, "Delburt D"
wrote:

Hi All,

Check out our website.

www.edison-marine.com

This is an electric powered boat that really performs. We have achieved
speeds of over 30 MPH to date.

For how long - 20 seconds?

actually she will run on plane for about ten minutes at a time. The
limiting factor right now is the controllers we started with but we are in
the process of upgrading both the controllers and battery pack

we had her out on Hagg lake west of Portland for about four hours and we
were running on plane for about 40 minutes of that time and the balance
running at cocktail cruise speed.

While the performance is limited at this time we feel we have a niche market
that is unfulfilled at this time. She really runs better than you would
think.

Tom

wrote:

Hi All,

Check out our website.

www.edison-marine.com

This is an electric powered boat that really performs. We have achieved
speeds of over 30 MPH to date.

For how long - 20 seconds?

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 20:39:34 GMT, "Delburt D"
wrote:

actually she will run on plane for about ten minutes at a time. The
limiting factor right now is the controllers we started with but we are in
the process of upgrading both the controllers and battery pack

we had her out on Hagg lake west of Portland for about four hours and we
were running on plane for about 40 minutes of that time and the balance
running at cocktail cruise speed.

While the performance is limited at this time we feel we have a niche market
that is unfulfilled at this time. She really runs better than you would
think.

Tom

I apologize - I was being a smart ass.

That is quite an accomplishment.

Congratulations.

Still think it would run better with a couple of Rolls Royce twelve
cylinder Merlins though. :)

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 22:27:27 GMT, wrote:

wrote:

actually she will run on plane for about ten minutes at a time. The
limiting factor right now is the controllers we started with but we are in
the process of upgrading both the controllers and battery pack

we had her out on Hagg lake west of Portland for about four hours and we
were running on plane for about 40 minutes of that time and the balance
running at cocktail cruise speed.

While the performance is limited at this time we feel we have a niche market
that is unfulfilled at this time. She really runs better than you would
think.

Tom

I apologize - I was being a smart ass.

That is quite an accomplishment.

Congratulations.

Still think it would run better with a couple of Rolls Royce twelve
cylinder Merlins though. :)

Hey Tom, have you ever seen that monster custom built wooden hotrod powerboat at
Harbor One Marina? I think the name is Outrageous, which is appropriate. My best
guess is around a million bucks. That might be low. It's not my type of boat,
but it's breath taking just the same. About 40 feet of highly polished and
tricked out perfection.

Yes I have and you have the name right I think.

If we're thinking of the same boat, it passed me once as I was exiting
out by Saybrook Light on the way to Hackett's Reef.

You could feel the power through the hull of the Ranger.

I have not seen that vessel. I have perused the Stancraft site though.
They have a wood hull with twin V10 Vipers! That is a much bigger boat than
ours. We are also much less expensive than those monsters. Our twin screw
boat is $120K with a trailer!

Are you familiar with any of the electric drag cars? The white zombie uses
the same motors as we do except they are dumping everything they have into
the motors in less than 15 seconds. We want longer more gentle performance.
If you go to fast in a boat you spill your cocktailsG

wrote:

While the performance is limited at this time we feel we have a niche market
that is unfulfilled at this time. She really runs better than you would
think.

You need a good audio system though to play simulated engine noise.
That was part of the charm with those boats.

wrote:

Still think it would run better with a couple of Rolls Royce twelve
cylinder Merlins though. :)

And you could leave out the high powered audio system with the engine
noise sound effects. :-)

Partially completed boat Bruce Electronics 0 March 18th 05 08:22 AM
Partially completed boat Bruce General 0 March 18th 05 08:21 AM
Partially completed boat Bruce Boat Building 0 March 18th 05 08:20 AM
Anyone built a mahogany plywood runabout ? Bruce Taber Boat Building 2 March 28th 04 10:58 AM
Stain and caulking for mahogany runabout Allan Yates Boat Building 0 August 16th 03 09:55 PM