Bruce Taber

Default Anyone built a mahogany plywood runabout ?

I am building a Riviera runabout using the old Popular Mechanics plans
as my starting point. I have modified the length, beam, stem, and a
bunch of other details. I have been informally studying boat design
and construction for the past couple of years so I think (??) I know
what I'm doing.

I like to talk to anyone who has built a similar type of boat.
Dale Gloer

Sounds like an old Glen-L design. Glen-L is still very much in business
and they have a website with a builders notice board. You might try
that at http://www.glen-l.com/

Dale Gloer

Bruce Taber wrote:
I am building a Riviera runabout using the old Popular Mechanics plans
as my starting point. I have modified the length, beam, stem, and a
bunch of other details. I have been informally studying boat design
and construction for the past couple of years so I think (??) I know
what I'm doing.

I like to talk to anyone who has built a similar type of boat.

Danny

Are you talking about the plans wich are on the Svensons website?

And what do you want to modify??

I think you can better use the Glen-L plans because this boat is bigger and
has a much better look.
The plans you have are based on this boat but this boat is easier to build
but the Glen-L boat looks much better.

Danny

Danny

"Bruce Taber" schreef in bericht
om...
I am building a Riviera runabout using the old Popular Mechanics plans
as my starting point. I have modified the length, beam, stem, and a
bunch of other details. I have been informally studying boat design
and construction for the past couple of years so I think (??) I know
what I'm doing.

I like to talk to anyone who has built a similar type of boat.

Plywood & Fiberglass deck Adam Boat Building 4 September 27th 03 12:13 PM
Poplar plywood Jacques Mertens Boat Building 25 September 26th 03 07:11 PM
Plywood limits ? VG Boat Building 8 September 10th 03 07:55 PM
Clinker built plywood kayak plans? Dan Bollinger Boat Building 1 September 1st 03 09:34 PM
Stain and caulking for mahogany runabout Allan Yates Boat Building 0 August 16th 03 09:55 PM