Jonathan Ganz

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

In article ,
Dr. Dr. Smithers Ask Me about my Phd @ Diploma Mill .com wrote:
Jon,
In a passing situation both boats must maintain their course and heading.
Some boaters, both power and sail do not understand the ColRegs, the biggest
problem some sail boaters make is assuming they are a sailboat when they are
under power, and assuming they have the right of way under all conditions
when they are under sail.

No kidding?? Yes, I happen to know that Dr. S. Did you see the post
from him about doing 25MPH 15 FEET from another boat?
--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article . net,
Bill McKee bmckee=at-ix.netcom.com wrote:
And what about the power boater that will become a sailboat after he raises
his sails and turns off the motor. Just because he carries sails, he should
have all the right of way? I carry a paddle on my powerboat, should I not
have right of way over a sailboat?

Bill, you really need to read the Rules of the Road section of the
colregs... really.... just read them and get back to us.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Bill McKee bmckee=at-ix.netcom.com wrote:
Bzzt: Sailboat made a bad move. Prove I was not paying attention, and that
an illegal direction change while being overtaken did not cause the
accident.

Bzzzzt... it doesn't matter. You need to be prepared to avoid the
stand-on boat. Being 15 ft away at 25 MPH (and why are you using
MPH????) is being unprepared.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Bill McKee bmckee=at-ix.netcom.com wrote:
I may get a minority of the blame, but he CAN NOT CHANGE DIRECTION IN FRONT
OF THE OVERTAKING BOAT! He gets the majority of the fault.

Suggestion: Don't bet on it.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article et,
Bill McKee bmckee=at-ix.netcom.com wrote:

Was up to you to show the regs.

Done did it dude... you just didn't look.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article et,
Bill McKee bmckee=at-ix.netcom.com wrote:
Bzzzzt. The tanker will not hit a bridge piling to avoid the
collision.

Bzzzzt. The tanker will not be damanged.

Bzzzzt. The tanker will not leave the channel.

Bill... who has stand-on status on the ocean?

Suggestion (not a hint): Stay away from tankers.

Bzzt. A tanker hit the San Raphael bridge earlier this year avoiding a
boat. The boat is and has been held liable. Look at the SFCG site, and you
will probably find the info.

Bzzt. A freighter ran aground somewhere back east avoiding a boat earlier
this year. You will have to google up that one.

Sure thing. I could be wrong. And, now, back to you to answer the many
questions you have chosen to avoid answering.....

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article et,
Bill McKee bmckee=at-ix.netcom.com wrote:
I assume you own a small, cheap sailboat. And the 40' was the fishing boat
if you go back and try to read for comprehension. And as to majority if
fault. The sailboat gets it. They did not continue in a line while being
overtaken. You better re read the Colregs.

You would assume wrong. I don't currently own a boat. Keep trying to
insult me. It might work, you never know. Typical PWCer.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Captain Joe Redcloud wrote:
Jon "owned" a small cheap sailboat, but he didn't love sailing enough to even do
what it would have taken to keep that boat, which he got for FREE. He now has NO
boat. He's a talker.

Nope. Cost me $75. Wrong again.

Please tell us why you're so angry. It's really hurtful for you.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Bill McKee

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article . net,
Bill McKee bmckee=at-ix.netcom.com wrote:
And what about the power boater that will become a sailboat after he
raises
his sails and turns off the motor. Just because he carries sails, he
should
have all the right of way? I carry a paddle on my powerboat, should I not
have right of way over a sailboat?

Bill, you really need to read the Rules of the Road section of the
colregs... really.... just read them and get back to us.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Answer my questions if you can. And refer to the Colregs as to why that
sailboater with the engine running is a sailboat.

Bill McKee

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article et,
Bill McKee bmckee=at-ix.netcom.com wrote:

And your "Rules of the Road" have legal validity. I did not go to the
site.
AS YOU STATED BOTH Colregs and your "Rules of the Road" for legality.
So
you "Rules of the Road" are nada as to concern. It may be a restatement
or
interpretation of the Colregs, but other than that they are meaningless.

Bill, the Rules are *in* the colregs. Duhhh... sheesh.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

I see why you are a "Duhhh". First, you refer to both the Colregs and a
separate "rules of the road". Now you try to state there are only one set
of rules of the road. Get your act together.