Karl-Hugo Weesberg

Default How many cannons does an average Barque need ? ? ?

You know, the seven seas are full of pirates, terrorists and other
scum.

So how many cannons do you recommend for the average Barque to scare
of the scum of the seven seas?
Stephen Baker

Six.

See - I can just give out plain answers without lots of calculations and
coefficients and book reccommendations ;-)

Steve "barque me!!"
Tom Dacon

No no no. Do I have to explain everything???

42.

Have you forgotten your Douglas Adams?

Although there's actually no record of a barque-rigged ship of war that I am
aware of. The barque rig was developed down toward the end of the age of
square-rigged sail, as a means of reducing the crew requirements for
commercial square-rigged vessels, and I don't believe that it showed up much
before the beginning of the 20th century.

I'm just riffing here, of course. I don't give a fart in a gale for the OP,
who's probably just home alone feeling lonely and unloved.

Tom Dacon

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
Six.

See - I can just give out plain answers without lots of calculations and
coefficients and book reccommendations ;-)

Steve "barque me!!"

Stephen Baker

Tom Dacon says:

No no no. Do I have to explain everything???

42.

I was assuming taking 6 per day for a week ;-)

Steve "do I have to explain everything?"

Wayne.B

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:49:21 +0800, Old Nick
wrote:

This is actually one of the more intelligent headers this prat has
posted.

================================

You think he's a loose cannon barqueing up the wrong tree?

Old Nick

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:56:12 -0400, Wayne.B
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

wrote:

This is actually one of the more intelligent headers this prat has
posted.

You think he's a loose cannon barqueing up the wrong tree?

hmp-hmp!
Have you noticed that people always run from what
they _need_ toward what they want?????
Tom Dacon

wrote:

You think he's a loose cannon barqueing up the wrong tree?

"A man who'd pun would pick a pocket." - Stephen Maturin