Ron Grassl

Default Magellan Sportrak Map "Setting Speed Average"?

Is there any way to change the "Speed Averaging Time" on the Magellan
Sportrak Map? I can't find anyting in the manual on it or by browsing
through the setup functions.

Average speed is an important feature for sailboat racing. (I have
been racing in the Redondo Beach twilight series).
It seems to have two different average speed functions, but there is
no info on how long the average time is for each, or how to change the
averaging interval.

My old Magellan GPS315 has this nice feature, with the ability to set
5 different averaging time settings (page 19 in the 315 manual).

I am very happy with the Sportrak & the averaging as is is fairly
useful, I just would like more control over this function.
ron...

I was a Mac26X owner EdGordonRN ASA 119 April 22nd 04 04:58 AM
COLREGS - The final word on pecking order in restricted visibility. Simple Simon ASA 149 October 22nd 03 04:08 AM
COLREGS - The final word on pecking order in restricted visibility. Simple Simon General 84 October 19th 03 05:41 AM
Magellan GPS Old Salt Cruising 6 August 15th 03 05:20 PM
A tough question for Jeff and Shen44 otnmbrd ASA 53 July 30th 03 06:14 PM