basskisser

Default BushCo to cut S.S. Benefits

Hmmm, let me get this straight.... BushCo gives us back a pittance of
OUR money, in the form of a tax rebate, right? Then, because he didn't
use that money to pay for some of his worst-ever federal deficit,
Greenspan is so afraid that it will spiral out of control, that he
wants to use Social Security money, again, OUR money, to pay off some
of the deficit?? Even the conservatives should be able to see what's
wrong with THIS!! :

(02-25) 08:58 PST WASHINGTON (AP) --

Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan urged Congress on Wednesday to
deal with the country's escalating budget deficit by cutting benefits
for future Social Security retirees. Without action, he warned,
long-term interest rates would rise, seriously harming the economy.

Jim--

"William G. Andersen" wrote in message
Greenspan urging Congress is NOT the same as a CUT of SS Benefits.
basskisser gets added to my Blocked Senders List.

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
Hmmm, let me get this straight.... BushCo gives us back a pittance of
OUR money, in the form of a tax rebate, right? Then, because he didn't
use that money to pay for some of his worst-ever federal deficit,
Greenspan is so afraid that it will spiral out of control, that he
wants to use Social Security money, again, OUR money, to pay off some
of the deficit?? Even the conservatives should be able to see what's
wrong with THIS!! :

(02-25) 08:58 PST WASHINGTON (AP) --

Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan urged Congress on Wednesday to
deal with the country's escalating budget deficit by cutting benefits
for future Social Security retirees.

What does Bush have to do with this basskisser? Can't you read the very
first sentence of the story you posted?

jchaplain

All attempts to transform the slush fund by Republicans in recent past
have been met with cries of "The sky is falling" by the various Democrat
Chicken Little's who induce paranoia amongst the largely lgnorant
general public and seniors in particular.

Just listen to yourself....Republicans "transforming" Social
security...

Do you think it's Republicans who protect the interest of the average
guy? or is it Republicans who want to "transform" Social Security to
use the money the way they see fit? ie: using our Social Security
money to pay off Bushs' spending spree...

It is ALWAYS the Democrats who stand to represent the average guy,
while the Republicans ALWAYS back whats good for corporations and big
business tax breaks, just like the current bufoon in the white house
does currently. Face reality. If you really think it's republicans
that protect the interest of the little guy, you've probably been
dropped on your head at one or more points in your life.

Calif Bill

"jchaplain" wrote in message

[...]

Neither party is innocent of using SS as a slush fund! The Dem's in power
now are blocking the SS Lockbox act.

jchaplain

Neither party is innocent of using SS as a slush fund! The Dem's in power
now are blocking the SS Lockbox act.

Thats the problem with republicans, they never look deeper into
issues.
Care to explain what the 'lockbox" act does? Obviously you don't have
a clue.
You might think it locks the SS funds away to be used only by
SS...wrong! Thats what the Republicans would like you to think, so
they put a name on it called 'lockbox' so that the uninformed would
think it was about locking money away for SS use only.....
What it really would do is lock the funds proceeds into being used to
pay down the national debt, which is why the republicans want it and
the democrats do not.
IF it locked the funds to be used only for Social Security, the
Democrats would be all behind it, because the Democrats are FOR the
little guy, not for paying down Bushs debt so he stands a chance at
getting elected again.
If that's to hard for you republicans to understand, please read this
post again SLOWLY....
Calif Bill

"jchaplain" wrote in message

[...]

I would rather see it paying down the National debt than the use that is has
been put too for the last 40 years!!! Clinton's touting of a balanced
budget included the SS taxes. Put it in the "Lockbox" and it will not be
part of the spending every year for general budget items. And as a fiscally
conservative Democrat, I despise the candidates for both parties. In the
last election, I voted for Bush as AGore is one of the stupidest people ever
to run for high office. Clinton was almost as crooked as LBJ, and that
takes some doing. Kerry is a Fiscal Liberal, as well as a social Liberal.
I care less about most social restrictions, but I do not want to pay for
your play!!!!!! The Gay Wedding scene. My biggest complaint is the local
judge who did not uphold the law. The judge should have upheld the law and
the plaintiff's could then appeal to higher courts. To many activist judges
making law. Is not their place. They are not the Legislative Branch!
Also, the term marriage seems to be chosen to **** off the most people. We
allow civil unions. A contract, just like marriage is a contract between
two people. As to the next election. Look at the Democrat party's
candidates. Way too much power from the DNC as to who gets to play. Where
is a Truman when we need him.

jchaplain

[...]

Pretzel logic...then rambling.....

1) So, you admit that it is not a 'lockbox' that locks away ss money
safely....so then don't you think there might be something to the
democrats reasoning why this is another republican sham???

2) Gore stupider than Bush?....puleeezzz...what oblivious planet are
you on? The entire world would disagree with you on that.

3) Now we're talking about gay marriages? Ok, support it or not, have
any idea how much fighting gay marriages is going to cost this country
in legal fees? How much it has already cost? Now doofus wants to have
a consitutional ban on it..that will cost millions, perhaps billions
by the time you add up the court time, time house and congress would
spend on it, time all the lawyers would be paid for, probably only to
fail anyway, so a total waste. Religious right phobia is going to cost
us all plenty.

4) Activist judges....the term you hear from the redneck right
whenever civil rights are upheld. If the court banned abortion, made
homosexuality a crime, made sex outside of marriage illegal, made
teaching evolution illegal, and chose a republican for president
they're not called activist judges then. They're then upholding the
type of values the conservatives inthis country are looking for, very
similar to the values the conservative religious Taliban fanatics want
to impose on the Afganistan population.

Amazing how conservatives are always so eager to wave the american
flag, a symbol of freedom and equality, then spit on any of their
fellow americans if they are different from them.
basskisser

"Calif Bill" wrote in message link.net...
"jchaplain" wrote in message

[...]

Hehe!! You call Gore stupid? Compared to WHAT? PLEASE don't say Bush,
I may laugh too hard to type!!! As for SS paying down the national
debt, I'd have liked to have seen Bush KEEP the debt balanced, as
Clinton did, then we'd have OUR money.