Tom Dacon

No no no. Do I have to explain everything???

42.

Have you forgotten your Douglas Adams?

Although there's actually no record of a barque-rigged ship of war that I am
aware of. The barque rig was developed down toward the end of the age of
square-rigged sail, as a means of reducing the crew requirements for
commercial square-rigged vessels, and I don't believe that it showed up much
before the beginning of the 20th century.

I'm just riffing here, of course. I don't give a fart in a gale for the OP,
who's probably just home alone feeling lonely and unloved.

Tom Dacon

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
Six.

See - I can just give out plain answers without lots of calculations and
coefficients and book reccommendations ;-)

Steve "barque me!!"