BoatBanter.com

-   -   How many cannons does an average Barque need ? ? ? (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/24326-how-many-cannons-does-average-barque-need.html)

Karl-Hugo Weesberg October 25th 04 03:47 AM

How many cannons does an average Barque need ? ? ?

You know, the seven seas are full of pirates, terrorists and other
scum.

So how many cannons do you recommend for the average Barque to scare
of the scum of the seven seas?

Stephen Baker October 25th 04 11:04 AM

Six.

See - I can just give out plain answers without lots of calculations and
coefficients and book reccommendations ;-)

Steve "barque me!!"

Tom Dacon October 26th 04 06:02 AM

No no no. Do I have to explain everything???

42.

Have you forgotten your Douglas Adams?

Although there's actually no record of a barque-rigged ship of war that I am
aware of. The barque rig was developed down toward the end of the age of
square-rigged sail, as a means of reducing the crew requirements for
commercial square-rigged vessels, and I don't believe that it showed up much
before the beginning of the 20th century.

I'm just riffing here, of course. I don't give a fart in a gale for the OP,
who's probably just home alone feeling lonely and unloved.

Tom Dacon

Stephen Baker October 26th 04 10:46 AM

Tom Dacon says:

No no no. Do I have to explain everything???

42.

I was assuming taking 6 per day for a week ;-)

Steve "do I have to explain everything?"

Old Nick October 27th 04 03:49 AM

On 25 Oct 2004 10:04:46 GMT, ospam (Stephen Baker)
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

I think you are feeding a troll. metalwork, boats paddle, rec wood....

This is actually one of the more intelligent headers this prat has
posted.

Six.

See - I can just give out plain answers without lots of calculations and
coefficients and book reccommendations ;-)

Steve "barque me!!"

Have you noticed that people always run from what
they _need_ toward what they want?????

Wayne.B October 27th 04 03:56 AM

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:49:21 +0800, Old Nick
wrote:

This is actually one of the more intelligent headers this prat has
posted.

================================

You think he's a loose cannon barqueing up the wrong tree?

Old Nick October 27th 04 08:23 AM

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:56:12 -0400, Wayne.B
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

wrote:

This is actually one of the more intelligent headers this prat has
posted.

================================

You think he's a loose cannon barqueing up the wrong tree?

hmp-hmp!

Tom Dacon October 27th 04 04:51 PM

wrote:

You think he's a loose cannon barqueing up the wrong tree?

"A man who'd pun would pick a pocket." - Stephen Maturin

Backyard Renegade October 27th 04 06:27 PM

Old Nick wrote in message . ..
On 25 Oct 2004 10:04:46 GMT, ospam (Stephen Baker)
vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

I think you are feeding a troll. metalwork, boats paddle, rec wood....

This is actually one of the more intelligent headers this prat has
posted.

Relax Nick. This is the lonely wail of an unmated, adolecent, "North
American Nerd Bird". This is their mating season, and the very weak
and unnattractive ones seldom find mates, so they sit there and
wail... Sad really...

Scotty