posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Political Crap OT

Looking from the outside, it looks like the Democrats are beating
themselves with a stick. Slinging mud at each other,,,McCain must be
chuckling at the ineptitude. The single biggest thing that is being
demonstrated in primary after primary is that America is still
fundamentally racist, blacks vote for blacks, whites vote for whites,
and there are a lot of white Dems who think that's not the case, enough
that Obama is likely to be running against McCain. Anyone care to
speculate if the US is ready to elect a black president?

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Marty" wrote in message

Looking from the outside, it looks like the Democrats are beating
themselves with a stick. Slinging mud at each other,,,McCain must be
chuckling at the ineptitude. The single biggest thing that is being
demonstrated in primary after primary is that America is still
fundamentally racist, blacks vote for blacks, whites vote for whites, and
there are a lot of white Dems who think that's not the case, enough that
Obama is likely to be running against McCain. Anyone care to speculate if
the US is ready to elect a black president?

Cheers
Marty

I don't see it that way. I think that given the record turnout, no matter
who finally is the nominee, that person will be pretty much fully supported
by the people who voted for the other person. How anyone can seriously
consider voting for McCain, given all that he is/stands for... continuing
the war, lack of fiscal understanding, poor human rights outlook, not to
mention his age, etc., is certainly beyond me. While he may be a hero, he
comes from a long line of aristocracy of admirals, and he's married to a
heiress. While Bill/Hillary are certainly wealthy, they came from the
working class. Obama is much the same. He has a lot of support among whites,
especially those with a college or better education. I don't think you can
classify the US as a racist society compared to the way we were 30/40 or
more years ago. We have a long way to go, but things are better.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 22:01:49 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote this crap:

"Marty" wrote in message

[...]

That's what your gay friends in California tell you. I and my friends
in the midwest would never consider voting for a Commander in Chief
who doesn't have any military experience.

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Apr 23, 12:00 am, Marty wrote:
Looking from the outside, it looks like the Democrats are beating
themselves with a stick. Slinging mud at each other,,,McCain must be
chuckling at the ineptitude. The single biggest thing that is being
demonstrated in primary after primary is that America is still
fundamentally racist, blacks vote for blacks, whites vote for whites,
and there are a lot of white Dems who think that's not the case, enough
that Obama is likely to be running against McCain. Anyone care to
speculate if the US is ready to elect a black president?

Cheers
Marty

Sure, especially a black president with a white mother. Naturally the
US remains filled with ignorant hicks who, even after getting punched
in the face again and again, still claim to be proud of their vote for
Bush. What can you do with such people? They still think republicans
are conservative!
As for the Democrats, they're not doing any damage. It's one of the
kindest battles ever and it will soon be over. The public has the
attention span and memory retention of a Mayfly, so little matters
until the presidential race itself winds down to the final weeks.
Few people know or care to ponder what "Public Servant" once meant.

The Good Captain
35s5
NY
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. Rob wrote:
On Apr 23, 12:00 am, Marty wrote:
[...]

Much as may like to spar with you Bob, I think there's a lot of truth in
your words.

Cheers
Marty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Looking from the outside, it looks like the Democrats are beating
themselves with a stick. Slinging mud at each other,,,McCain must be
chuckling at the ineptitude. The single biggest thing that is being
demonstrated in primary after primary is that America is still
fundamentally racist,

There are numbers to support that contention, but you could also look
at it the other way. Enough people have broken away from the pea-
brained bigotry of our caveman ancestors that the U.S. could have a
black President by this time next year.

"Capt. JG" wrote:
I don't see it that way. I think that given the record turnout, no matter
who finally is the nominee, that person will be pretty much fully supported
by the people who voted for the other person.

Maybe, but more likely not. There are a lot of people who really
really *hate* the Clintons, Republicans & Democrats alike.

Remember, the U.S. has an official 2-party system, but each party is
really a coalition similar to those cobbled together under the
parliamentary system. Hillary & Obama each have their own
constituencies, which do have a large overlap... but when one or the
other finally wins, some members of the losers coalition will drop
out. It's inevitable. The question is, how many and will they be PO'd
enough to vote Republican (for President)?

.... How anyone can seriously
consider voting for McCain, given all that he is/stands for... continuing
the war, lack of fiscal understanding, poor human rights outlook, not to
mention his age, etc., is certainly beyond me.

I could explain it, but you might not want to listen. I would
certainly consider voting for McCain for President under many possible
circumstances.

Bloody Horvath wrote:
.... I and my friends
in the midwest would never consider voting for a Commander in Chief
who doesn't have any military experience.

Flunked high school civics, did you?

Without civilian control & oversight of the military, you have a
fascist dictatorship, not a democracy. However a lot of people would
like exactly that... a "strong man" who would make the trains run on
time,

And did you consider our current President's "military
experience" (getting drunk at the O-club and going AWOL, followed by
the convenient loss of all his records) valuable when weighing your
vote?

DSK
posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
Looking from the outside, it looks like the Democrats are beating
themselves with a stick. Slinging mud at each other,,,McCain must be
chuckling at the ineptitude. The single biggest thing that is being
demonstrated in primary after primary is that America is still
fundamentally racist,

There are numbers to support that contention, but you could also look
at it the other way. Enough people have broken away from the pea-
brained bigotry of our caveman ancestors that the U.S. could have a
black President by this time next year.

If Obama is the nominee, then the vast majority of Hillary supporters will
go with him.

"Capt. JG" wrote:
I don't see it that way. I think that given the record turnout, no
matter
who finally is the nominee, that person will be pretty much fully
supported
by the people who voted for the other person.

Maybe, but more likely not. There are a lot of people who really
really *hate* the Clintons, Republicans & Democrats alike.

Perhaps, but compared to continuing the current policies, they would likely
hold their nose. At the moment, I think Obama has a better shot.

Remember, the U.S. has an official 2-party system, but each party is
really a coalition similar to those cobbled together under the
parliamentary system. Hillary & Obama each have their own
constituencies, which do have a large overlap... but when one or the
other finally wins, some members of the losers coalition will drop
out. It's inevitable. The question is, how many and will they be PO'd
enough to vote Republican (for President)?

Anyone who's son or daughter is fighting in Iraq, not to mention the people
themselves. Cheney was booed recently during a speech there. Some of the
soldiers were trash-talking him to reporters during the speech to reporters.
How many times has that happened. The Pentagon's own people think it's a
"debacle" of huge perportions. The economy is in a shambles.

.... How anyone can seriously
consider voting for McCain, given all that he is/stands for...
continuing
the war, lack of fiscal understanding, poor human rights outlook, not to
mention his age, etc., is certainly beyond me.

I could explain it, but you might not want to listen. I would
certainly consider voting for McCain for President under many possible
circumstances.

He's better than Bush, but that's not saying much. He probably doesn't lie
as much as Bush, but that's not saying much. He's got military experience
more than Bush (who has practically zero), but that's not saying much. He's
too old, but I guess he's better than someone's who's brain dead like Bush.
There, I thought of four things. LOL

bs removed

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:32:37 -0400, Vito wrote:

Men and women jump on grenades to save others. They are heros. Others
have risked their lives (and often lost them) to protect and save
others. They too are heros. A man I know had two planes shot out from
under him but hiked back to fight again. I'd call him a hero. McCain got
shot down and captured. Beats the **** out of Blundering Bush's record
but not in the same league as the aforementioned folks.

LOL, besides the jumping on grenades, McCain did all of the above. You
may want to read, at least a little, about McCain's military career.

political spam.not worth the effort. too long, too racist, toostupid. about 58 pages of crap! Tim General 9 February 13th 08 12:41 AM
Non political, political post Eisboch General 27 December 22nd 07 04:07 AM
FS Political Crap in CA Skip Gundlach Marketplace 0 September 1st 05 03:05 PM
Cut the Crap!!!! Bobsprit ASA 2 October 30th 04 08:28 AM
4000 posts of political CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!! Scott Vernon ASA 0 October 26th 04 11:13 AM