posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default 2nd Age of Sail

"Vito" wrote:
But for the MD's corrupt union (AMA), medical care would be affordable.

Well, let's see...
How much of the health-care dollar spent by a U.S. citizen goes to pay
MD's?

Vito believes it's a lot.
It's actually about 6%.

.... Socialized versus
free trade medicine? BS! It's a monopoly. When did you last see MDs or
hospitals advertising *price* like say car dealers.

Maybe that's why medical tourism is a booming business, doctors in
Mexico & India will perform operations much much cheaper than here in
the U.S.

And you also have the option of choosing health care from other
providers than MDs, if you're serious.

The solution is not to have the government pay these exorbitant prices, it
is to break up AMA and tar and feather all its policy makers.

Yeah, those darn greedy doctors have seriously corrupted the gov't
with all their lobbying dollars.... not like the lawyers & the pharm
co's....

Hey Vito, if a clue comes up and tries to jump in your pocket, run
away screaming!

DSK
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article ,
Scotty Same.as.above@com wrote:
You think ''we'' , ''society as a whole'', should be
responsible for everyone's problems , like crack whore
babies and kids whose dad ran away and/or is too lazy to
work, etc.

Then, wouldn't you also believe that ''we'', ''society as

whole'' are responsible for the whole worlds population,
including those poor souls in Iraq?

As best as we are able, yes. Imagine... let freedom ring.

yes George, imagine...

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Nov 17, 1:30 pm, wrote:
"Vito" wrote:
[...]

We are back in Oregon as of yesterday but before flying north we went
to see a doctor in Suva, Fiji for a complete physical. The cost,
including a two day stay in waterfront hotel, was less than $500 US.

If we were here for that same procedure it would have cost us...
aaahhhh... one-hell-of-a-lot-more! The last time I saw a doctor in
the U.S. (2003) I think I spent $45 just to walk in the door and then
I had to wait for an hour just to say hello. After that, the money
machine was ringing up for every question I asked. Blood tests were
unaffordable without insurance and even then it was a push.

With all that said, I must confess that we have spent a considerable
amount of money to get to Fiji. New main sail, auto pilot, packing
gland, drive shaft, exhaust riser and all the other crap that blows
out on a long run in the Pacific. Still, it was a good experience to
meet Dr. Ali in Suva who became our friend the minute we walked in the
door. We look forward to seeing him again in April.

Fair winds,
Barb
posted to alt.sailing.asa

It costs me nothing to see a Dr., I'm covered under my
wife's insurance. Most responsible people that work have
insurance.

Scotty

"ladysailor" wrote in message

groups.com...

[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa

In article ,
Scotty Same.as.above@com wrote:
It costs me nothing to see a Dr., I'm covered under my
wife's insurance. Most responsible people that work have
insurance.

What about the responsible people who don't work or whose employers don't offer insurance?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article ,
Scotty Same.as.above@com wrote:
It costs me nothing to see a Dr., I'm covered under my
wife's insurance. Most responsible people that work have
insurance.

What about the responsible people who don't work or whose

employers don't offer insurance?

They get their own ins. , or pay as they go. If they're
responsible, like you wrote, they don't need to steal from
the rest of us.

SBV

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 09:47:07 -0500, "Scotty" wrote this
crap:

It costs me nothing to see a Dr., I'm covered under my
wife's insurance. Most responsible people that work have
insurance.

Scotty, listen to me. Your wife's employer pays for the insurance.
That's money that he could be paying your wife. Therefore it still
comes out of her paycheck.

Go Buckeyes! Big Ten Champions! Possible National Champions!

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

In article ,
Scotty Same.as.above@com wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article ,
Scotty Same.as.above@com wrote:
It costs me nothing to see a Dr., I'm covered under my
wife's insurance. Most responsible people that work have
insurance.

What about the responsible people who don't work or whose

employers don't offer insurance?

They get their own ins. , or pay as they go. If they're
responsible, like you wrote, they don't need to steal from
the rest of us.

Ah, so someone who makes mimimum wage and has a sick child should just not worry about it. Got it.