Bobsprit

Default Anyone have experience with "Sail Care" for sail reconditioning?

They are in Ford City, PA and they basically dry clean the sails and then
re-resin the sails.

Mostly a cosmetic fix-up. Will NOT restore a sail that has lost it's shape!!!
Money is better spent on new sails or newer used ones.

RB
Doug Dotson

Used them a couple of times. They do a great job!

Doug
s/v Callista

"Investcom" wrote in message
They are in Ford City, PA and they basically dry clean the sails and then
re-resin the sails.

Evan Gatehouse

"Investcom" wrote in message
They are in Ford City, PA and they basically dry clean the sails and then
re-resin the sails.

Used them on our old tired mainsail before selling out old boat. Made the
sail look like new but I'm not sure about the shape - basically it was a
cosmetic fix in my mind.

Pretty costly as well and I probably wouldn't do it again.

--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers)

Doug Dotson

That is only exactly what they claim to do. They specifically
state that their process will not fix a sail with poor shape. They
also state that they do not recut sails and that one would have
to go to a sailmaker for that service. I had my main done on
my C&C 36 and it cost around $250 and that included a
couple of minor repairs and some restitching. I though it was a
pretty good deal. Got many more years out of the sail even
thought its shape wasn;t perfect.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Evan Gatehouse" wrote in message

"Investcom" wrote in message
They are in Ford City, PA and they basically dry clean the sails and then
re-resin the sails.

Used them on our old tired mainsail before selling out old boat. Made the
sail look like new but I'm not sure about the shape - basically it was a
cosmetic fix in my mind.

Pretty costly as well and I probably wouldn't do it again.

--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers)

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Dotson View Post

wrote in message
They are in Ford City, PA and they basically dry clean the sails and then
re-resin the sails.

Used them on our old tired mainsail before selling out old boat. Made the
sail look like new but I'm not sure about the shape - basically it was a
cosmetic fix in my mind.

Pretty costly as well and I probably wouldn't do it again.

--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers)

I have used them twice, once for an old Clipper Marine 23, and once for a Pearson 38, I was delighted with the results both times. The cost was not terrible expensive and I got several more years out of both of the sails