posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Time to scrape the barnacles

On Sep 30, 6:02 pm, "Donal" wrote:
"Frogwatch" wrote in message

ps.com...

Ok, its Fall now and we have gone from a toasty 99 degrees to a balmy
92 so I thought it would be a good day to lay on the dock and scrape
barnacles offa my 28' S2 cuz I havent gotten around to sailing her 40
miles away to be painted. At 51 yrs of age, I find that 92 degrees in
blazing sun is kinda warm too. It just about killed me. GOD, I used
to do this with ease.

Yup!! Old age is a killer.

Regards

Donal
--

Today, took off the water pump and raw water filter and brought em
home for reworking.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

My question is if it's Fall and your just getting around to checking
the bottom and your finding barnacles what have you been doing all
summer?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Ringmaster wrote:
My question is if it's Fall and your just getting around to checking
the bottom and your finding barnacles what have you been doing all
summer?

He already said it was too hot...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sep 30, 8:19 pm, katy wrote:
Ringmaster wrote:
My question is if it's Fall and your just getting around to checking
the bottom and your finding barnacles what have you been doing all
summer?

He already said it was too hot...

No wind in summer except for thunderstorms. Sailing season starts for
us now and goes from now till mid June. I am in N. FL.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

He already said it was too hot..

OK, It's too hot to go sailing but it can't be too hot to go for a
swim under the boat to prevent a big problem later.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Time to scrape the barnacles--TTT N/M

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Donal,

Right you are. They my be "Golden" but they sure as hell aren't "Easy"

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Donal,

Right you are. They my be "Golden" but they sure as hell aren't "Easy"

Hi Thom,

How are you?

Have you done any sailing lately? I really hope that the answer is "yes".

Donal

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Donal" wrote in message

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Donal,

Right you are. They my be "Golden" but they sure as hell aren't
"Easy"

Hi Thom,

How are you?

Have you done any sailing lately? I really hope that the answer is
"yes".

You ain't heard? Thom's a 'beached bum' by his own admission. Too old
and infirm to do any more sailing. Not that he really did much sailing
before he quit, though.

That motorsailor Gulf 32 is known world-wide for it's poor sailing and
really unacceptable ability to go to weather. One can only sail off the
wind without an assist from the motor. Pilot house and high topsides
made it a slug. Sails were too small and motor was too large. Was easier
to always use the motor.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Donal,
The answer is "NO" Like scraping Barnacles, that's behind me. I can't
say I don't miss it but I knew it was time to Beach myself AND ADMIT IT.
67yrs it did me proud. No regrets!

Not like some others who no longer have a boat but can't admit it.

"Pneuma" now pays my Visa Account so I know I had a good boat. Its still
taking care of me on shore.

Aw, Barnacles! NYC XYZ General 17 January 23rd 06 04:53 PM
Aw, Barnacles! NYC XYZ General 18 January 23rd 06 04:53 PM
Aw, Barnacles! NYC XYZ Touring 17 January 23rd 06 04:53 PM
Barnacles on prop Harvey Waxman Cruising 6 July 20th 04 11:20 AM
barnacles on propp Harvey Waxman General 3 July 19th 04 02:11 AM