posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring,rec.boats,alt.inventors
NYC XYZ

Default Aw, Barnacles!

Oh, my. Oh wow!

Hmm...~25-lb. kit? No need for a First Light folding kayak now!

Wonder how much that costs?

How fast is 10mph on water?

Wonder what Class it can take on....

Looks like Europeans have more fun!

NYC XYZ wrote:
Steven M. O'Neill wrote:
NYC XYZ wrote:
Or Newark from Bayonne?

http://www.gizmag.com/go/2505/

--
Steven O'Neill
Brooklyn, NY

OOOO MMM MM MMM
GGGG
OOOOOO MMM MMM MMM GGGGG
OOO OOO MMMM MMMM MMM GGG GGG
OOO OOO MMMM MMMM MMMM GG GG
OOO OOO MMMMM MMMM MMMMM GG GG
OOO OOO MMMMM MMMMM MMMM GG
OOO OOO MMM MMMMMM MMM GG GGG
OOOOOO MMM MMMM MMM GG GGG
OOOO MMM MMM MMM
GGGGG

GGG

posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring,rec.boats,alt.inventors

NYC XYZ wrote:
Oh, my. Oh wow!

How fast is 10mph on water?

Almost exactly as fast as 10 mph on land. But that doesn't matter,
because they only claim 10 KMH, which is 5.4 knots, which is about what
a motivated touring kayaker can do.

The really cool thing is the pedal-powered pump.

Steve

Steven M. O'Neill wrote:
NYC XYZ wrote:
Or Newark from Bayonne?

http://www.gizmag.com/go/2505/

--
Steven O'Neill
Brooklyn, NY

OOOO MMM MM MMM
GGGG
OOOOOO MMM MMM MMM GGGGG
OOO OOO MMMM MMMM MMM GGG GGG
OOO OOO MMMM MMMM MMMM GG GG
OOO OOO MMMMM MMMM MMMMM GG GG
OOO OOO MMMMM MMMMM MMMM GG
OOO OOO MMM MMMMMM MMM GG GGG
OOOOOO MMM MMMM MMM GG GGG
OOOO MMM MMM MMM
GGGGG

GGG

posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring,rec.boats,alt.inventors
NYC XYZ

Cute photo, dude!

Say, do you use that Hobie Cat for any touring/sea-kayaking? I wonder
how it handles...so pedal power will always beat paddle power??

Rodney Long wrote:

Some how I missed the original post,, but I have a pedal powered
kayak,, it will out run any thing else on the water powered by man, this
thing throws a wake :-) You can see me sitting in mine on the front
page of my web site
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring,rec.boats,alt.inventors
Rodney Long

Don White wrote:
Rodney Long wrote:

wrote:

The really cool thing is the pedal-powered pump.

Some how I missed the original post,, but I have a pedal powered
kayak,, it will out run any thing else on the water powered by man, this
thing throws a wake :-) You can see me sitting in mine on the front
page of my web site

Saw those things at last years boat show. Good as advertised?

Actually better than advertised,, Of course they (Hobie) "gave" me the
boat,, I put it on international TV 43 times in 04, as They kept showing
that darn Tech TV story on me. with me fishing from it.

I didn't even put my bass boat in the water last year, because I love
that Hobie so much, my son can get it up to 9 miles an hour for a couple
hundred yards. The slowest you can peddle it is about 3 miles an hour,
that's with your feet barely moving, I curse it at 5 mph,, it is the
most awesome boat to fish from, extreamly stable, I have not, nor anyone
that has used it, has ever turned it over.

The biggest problem is keeping my wife and kids and grand kids from
using it all the time,,, when I want to be fishing, one of them is out
on the lake in it, when one gets out, another hops in,, heck I bought
them a paddle boat that seats four, but NOOOOO,, they want to be in the
OutBack, because it's so easy to cover a lot of water. Heck they use it
much more than the PWC

NYC XYZ wrote:

Cute photo, dude!

Say, do you use that Hobie Cat for any touring/sea-kayaking? I wonder
how it handles...so pedal power will always beat paddle power??

They are awesome in the ocean,, you can also get the sail kit for it,,
this pedal is better,, now the wheal peddle boats are slow as hell,,
hard to pedal, and the don't coast once you stop pedaling, this drive
has near zero drag, it will coast for long distances

The only reverse is supplied by the kayak paddle, that comes with the
boat, and attached to the side of the boat with an elastic holder, it is
instantly accessible, and you can paddle and pedal the boat at the same
time (this is how my son reaches 9 miles and hour with it), or you can
just use the paddle. If the water is really skinny, (6 to 18 inches) you
can do little 1 inch pedal strokes, the fins just flap against the
hull,, it can run very fast this way. You see, unlike the regular paddle
boats, you don't have to do full strokes with your feet. It's design is
just out of this world,, the pedals can be adjusted to even fit my eight
year old grand daughter.

This boat is really worth the extra money you spend over a regular
kayak, it allows you hands free to fish while your moving, or just
holding against a current, it comes with everything except a life
jacket,, it comes with a cooler, tackle box and anchor system, even
front and rear elastic cargo nets. what I like the most is the wheel
system (that comes with it),, you can load the boat up with all your
gear and roll the thing to the water, you can roll it anywhere you can
walk with those big wheels, even across a sandy beach

Aw, Barnacles! NYC XYZ General 17 January 23rd 06 04:53 PM
Aw, Barnacles! NYC XYZ General 18 January 23rd 06 04:53 PM
Barnacles on inboard shaft boater435 Cruising 10 October 7th 05 03:39 AM