posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring,rec.boats,alt.inventors
Rodney Long

Default Aw, Barnacles!

Don White wrote:
Rodney Long wrote:

wrote:

The really cool thing is the pedal-powered pump.

Some how I missed the original post,, but I have a pedal powered
kayak,, it will out run any thing else on the water powered by man, this
thing throws a wake :-) You can see me sitting in mine on the front
page of my web site

Saw those things at last years boat show. Good as advertised?

Actually better than advertised,, Of course they (Hobie) "gave" me the
boat,, I put it on international TV 43 times in 04, as They kept showing
that darn Tech TV story on me. with me fishing from it.

I didn't even put my bass boat in the water last year, because I love
that Hobie so much, my son can get it up to 9 miles an hour for a couple
hundred yards. The slowest you can peddle it is about 3 miles an hour,
that's with your feet barely moving, I curse it at 5 mph,, it is the
most awesome boat to fish from, extreamly stable, I have not, nor anyone
that has used it, has ever turned it over.

The biggest problem is keeping my wife and kids and grand kids from
using it all the time,,, when I want to be fishing, one of them is out
on the lake in it, when one gets out, another hops in,, heck I bought
them a paddle boat that seats four, but NOOOOO,, they want to be in the
OutBack, because it's so easy to cover a lot of water. Heck they use it
much more than the PWC

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread