posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring,rec.boats,alt.inventors
NYC XYZ

Default Aw, Barnacles!

wrote:
NYC XYZ wrote:
Oh, my. Oh wow!

How fast is 10mph on water?

Almost exactly as fast as 10 mph on land. But that doesn't matter,
because they only claim 10 KMH, which is 5.4 knots, which is about what
a motivated touring kayaker can do.

The really cool thing is the pedal-powered pump.

Steve

LOL! You have an eye for detail, I see.

Is a motivated 'yakker that good, to paddle at 5.4 knots?? I hear that
3 knots is a lot of work...or do I have water in my ears....

It's been around for a few years now, actually...I wonder what
improvements they may have made in all this time...unfortunately, it
doesn't look like it's being mass-produced.