Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Harvey Waxman

Default barnacles on propp

Would it be likely for a heavy growth of barnacles on a prop to prevent an
engine from getting up to speed?

I have a 21 HP Westerbeke which won't go above 1500 RPM in gear but has no
trouble in neutral. I dove down and the prop turns easily enough when not
engaged but is loaded with barnacles worse than I have ever seen it.

I'm going back down to scrape but was wondering if I have more problems than
that?

Thanks

Harvey

--