posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frogwatch Frogwatch is offline

Default Time to scrape the barnacles

Ok, its Fall now and we have gone from a toasty 99 degrees to a balmy
92 so I thought it would be a good day to lay on the dock and scrape
barnacles offa my 28' S2 cuz I havent gotten around to sailing her 40
miles away to be painted. At 51 yrs of age, I find that 92 degrees in
blazing sun is kinda warm too. It just about killed me. GOD, I used
to do this with ease.
Still, I did manage to do some good. I use a long handled edger,
sorta like a hoe without the bend to the blade. It is heavy enough to
have enough momentum to do the job with one push. In this warmer than
bath water the barnacles grow to eating size very fast. Hours later,
I am STILL guzzling cold water to replace what I lost laying on that
dock.