posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default A good ideal for Doug?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Cool looking boat

Arrrrrrrr

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Cool looking boat

Doug had many good choices for sailing vessels, but he was forced to
pass them up. He even posted about looking at one of the new fast C&C
types, but that his wife wasn't interested in it. Then there are lots
of nice motorsailors out there. I might have teased Doug about such a
boat, but they are cool and at least they can sail. But wifey had the
upper hand and wanted a floating condo for herself. Doug does not have
any sailboats now.

As for Pirates....
Saturday, we were sailing along with a old Seaward on Saturday and it
had some kind of an Irish name. One of our friends wondered aloud if
they were actually Irish and Thomas started yelling to the other boat,
"Are you Irish?! Are you Irish?!"
The funny thing is that they thought he was saying, "Are you
PIRATES?!"
A few moments later they hoisted a pirate flag for Thom!

You're a lucky fellow, Joe. Do you really appreciate that? Most guys
sail bitterly alone...like Scotty, Sloco and so on. Few women really
enjoy it all. Some pressure their hubbies into powerboats of all
thing. I'm grateful that Suzanne has taken to sailing and keeps eyeing
nice boats for the future.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Nice sails!

how about this Tugantine?

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...0093894541tRSc
pc

Scotty

"Joe" wrote in message
ps.com...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv.../news/news.htm
l?in_article_id=479860&in_page_id=1770

Cool looking boat

Arrrrrrrr

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Sep 4, 8:46 am, "Capt. Rob" wrote:
[...]

That was nice of them, I have a pirates sword to slash at the kiddies
with.

You're a lucky fellow, Joe. Do you really appreciate that?

Sure..coming up on 25 yrs sailing together...mostly working.

Most guys
sail bitterly alone...like Scotty, Sloco and so on.

Nothing wrong with sailing alone, I enjoy it.

Few women really
enjoy it all.

It is work for crew, few people relize that sailboats are working
boats, you do not work..you do not move.

Some pressure their hubbies into powerboats of all
thing.

Do tell.

I'm grateful that Suzanne has taken to sailing and keeps eyeing
nice boats for the future.

I hope you find one your family likes enough to not need another
stepping stone.
But hey...if you like switching boats all the time, Im sure that could
be fun too. I just like to know a boat like the back of my hand.

Joe

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...s.html?in_arti...

Cool looking boat

Arrrrrrrr

It is a cool boat, but I don't think it's worht $6 million to play
pirate. And I also don't think it's that accurate a reproduction of
any 16th century rig much less a Barbary pirate. For one thing, they
barely had t' gallants much less royals, and for another, they were
lateeners not gaff rigged.

Compare this
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...daed6b71?hl=en

to this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xebec

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Sep 4, 10:38 am, wrote:
Joe wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...s.html?in_arti...

Cool looking boat

Arrrrrrrr

It is a cool boat, but I don't think it's worht $6 million to play
pirate.

He has to insure it for something. I doubt he sunk 6 million pounds
in her, but to replace her I bet it would cost that much.

And I also don't think it's that accurate a reproduction of
any 16th century rig much less a Barbary pirate. For one thing, they
barely had t' gallants much less royals, and for another, they were
lateeners not gaff rigged.

Yeah and I doubt they used high mast football stadium lighting poles
for the mast's on real Barbery Pirate vessels either.

http://www.lightboard.com/index.cfm?...rticle&id=1287

Joe

Compare thishttp://groups.google.com/group/alt.sailing.asa/browse_thread/thread/2...

The ideal boat Frogwatch General 3 February 22nd 07 12:26 AM
Cool ideal Joe ASA 6 October 27th 06 10:31 PM
Ideal size boat [email protected] General 130 January 5th 06 03:03 AM
ideal windlass parts [email protected] Cruising 3 July 25th 05 11:16 PM
Does anyone know this boat??? (AKA my ideal design) Skip Gundlach Cruising 5 September 23rd 03 10:20 AM