posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default A good ideal for Doug?

On Sep 4, 10:38 am, wrote:
Joe wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...s.html?in_arti...

Cool looking boat

Arrrrrrrr

It is a cool boat, but I don't think it's worht $6 million to play
pirate.

He has to insure it for something. I doubt he sunk 6 million pounds
in her, but to replace her I bet it would cost that much.

And I also don't think it's that accurate a reproduction of
any 16th century rig much less a Barbary pirate. For one thing, they
barely had t' gallants much less royals, and for another, they were
lateeners not gaff rigged.

Yeah and I doubt they used high mast football stadium lighting poles
for the mast's on real Barbery Pirate vessels either.

http://www.lightboard.com/index.cfm?...rticle&id=1287

Joe

Compare thishttp://groups.google.com/group/alt.sailing.asa/browse_thread/thread/2...

to thishttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xebec