posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default A good ideal for Doug?

Cool looking boat

Doug had many good choices for sailing vessels, but he was forced to
pass them up. He even posted about looking at one of the new fast C&C
types, but that his wife wasn't interested in it. Then there are lots
of nice motorsailors out there. I might have teased Doug about such a
boat, but they are cool and at least they can sail. But wifey had the
upper hand and wanted a floating condo for herself. Doug does not have
any sailboats now.

As for Pirates....
Saturday, we were sailing along with a old Seaward on Saturday and it
had some kind of an Irish name. One of our friends wondered aloud if
they were actually Irish and Thomas started yelling to the other boat,
"Are you Irish?! Are you Irish?!"
The funny thing is that they thought he was saying, "Are you
PIRATES?!"
A few moments later they hoisted a pirate flag for Thom!

You're a lucky fellow, Joe. Do you really appreciate that? Most guys
sail bitterly alone...like Scotty, Sloco and so on. Few women really
enjoy it all. Some pressure their hubbies into powerboats of all
thing. I'm grateful that Suzanne has taken to sailing and keeps eyeing
nice boats for the future.

RB
35s5
NY