posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Dave's "high" living!

People like Dave will never understand doing the right thing for their
kids....take a look, Dave. Little Thomas is running on his own land,
playing on clean grass, No one broke any glass or did any drugs here
hours before. You can't say that about any part of Manhattan, Dave.
Have a look, Dave....

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=DSC_0212.jpg

Thomas' college (and I mean ANY college) is already paid for. He's out
of the city muck and slime on his own land. His friends don't come
from broken homes...or poor ones.

I don't mean to sound crass, but Dave's generation was all about
taking care of themselves and putting the kids second. Then they'd
send them off to school after working long weeks and leaving the poor
kids alone. Suzanne and I worked it so Thomas is not left alone for
most of the week. Why couldn't you all manage that?
I know the answer.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com..
..
People like Dave will never understand doing the right

thing for their
kids....take a look, Dave. Little Thomas is running on his

own land,
playing on clean grass, No one broke any glass or did any

drugs here
hours before. You can't say that about any part of

Manhattan, Dave.
Have a look, Dave....

Why then did you subject your little rug rat to his first
year in the ''dreaded city''? You are a rotten parent!

I don't mean to sound crass,

too late.

Suzanne and I worked it so Thomas is not left alone for
most of the week.

''most of the week'' ? So, he's a part time latch key kid.
mmmmm I see.

My kids were raised by a full time Mom. A *real* Mom.

SBV

posted to alt.sailing.asa

''most of the week'' ? So, he's a part time latch key kid.
mmmmm I see.

My kids were raised by a full time Mom. A *real* Mom.

Real mom = mom with no career and no life. Trailer trash begets more
trailer trash. Real parents are BOTH available for the kids. We're
with Thomas each and every day. Suzanne works two NIGHT shifts and I
work from home.
That's how to do it, unless you struck out financially and one or both
parents has to drive a truck like a loser!

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA!!!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in

. Suzanne works two NIGHT shifts and I
work from home.

Maybe if you weren't such a lazy ass you could make enough
so that Sudsy wouldn't have to work.

Latch key kids are 250% more likely to go on a shooting
rampage than kids raised by full time Moms.

SBV

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On 23 Apr 2007 18:19:52 -0700, "Capt. Rob" wrote:

People like Dave will never understand doing the right thing for their
kids....take a look, Dave. Little Thomas is running on his own land,
playing on clean grass, No one broke any glass or did any drugs here
hours before. You can't say that about any part of Manhattan, Dave.
Have a look, Dave....

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=DSC_0212.jpg

Thomas' college (and I mean ANY college) is already paid for. He's out
of the city muck and slime on his own land. His friends don't come
from broken homes...or poor ones.

I don't mean to sound crass, but Dave's generation was all about
taking care of themselves and putting the kids second. Then they'd
send them off to school after working long weeks and leaving the poor
kids alone. Suzanne and I worked it so Thomas is not left alone for
most of the week. Why couldn't you all manage that?

Right, Bobby. I guess my kid had a deprived childhood.

Her mother wasn't a nurse. She was an accomplished lawyer who
graduated first in in her law school class, practiced law for several
years and then shifted careers to spend time with the kid.

My kid turned down admission to a couple of high schools your kid
wouldn't have a prayer of getting into because admission is by highly
compeitive exam. Instead she graduated from one of the City's top prep
schools.

She didn't do high school drama--she went to the country's leading
ballet school, performed with the City Ballet at Lincoln Center and
Saratoga, choreographed an off-Broadway show at age 16, and interned
with the Alvin Ailey company.

Oh, yeah. About those kids from broken homes. I gotta admit that
Trump's kid was at that ballet school with her.

We didn't spend our time watching her play soccer at Podunk's youth
soccer league. We spent it watching her perform at Lincoln Center. We
didn't take her to movies--we took her to theater, concerts, light
opera and opera. She turned down a full ride scholarship at a
university your kid probably won't even be able to get into, to attend
and graduate from one of the top 3 liberal arts colleges in the
country, spent a summer in Japan and two years studying in European
universities, wrote for the Boston Globe, and is finishing up and MBA
in finance from the #1 business school in that area.

So I guess we were selfish in letting her miss out on some of the
advantages of hanging out with a nurse in Podunk, NY.

My god Dave, I hope nobody called Child Protective Services on you! g

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Dave wrote:
[...]

Good God Dave...how could you have abused that poor child like that?
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote:

Thomas' college (and I mean ANY college) is already paid for.

Hope springs eternal, If he inherited your brains you might as well
invest that money in something that pays more. No amount of money or
private tutoring are going to allow him to score enough an his SATs to
get college that offers a degree higher than a Bachelor of Basket
Weaving.

of the city muck and slime on his own land. His friends don't come
from broken homes...or poor ones.

Looks like you're already doing a bang up job of turning him into a
first class bigot.

I don't mean to sound crass..

But you just can't help yourself can you? I don't think Prof. Higgis
could do much with you, not enough decent raw material to produce a
quality product.

Martin
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Great smackdown! I bet Bobgauche is wincing from that one!

Kablam!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 21:36:01 -0400, "Scotty"
wrote:

My kids were raised by a full time Mom. A *real* Mom.

SBV

Mine too. Her choice. Worked out very well. Two National Merit
Finalists and a Rhodes Scholar finalist. From public schools. Well
rounded, no problems.

She didn't earn an income, but we didn't have a dime of college
expense, and have a pile of advanced degrees in the family. I think
maybe that was better.

Frank

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I commend you and Suzie for getting your son out of Manhattan. That
city--most cities, for that matter--is hardly ideal, or even preferable, for
raising a child. You won't regret it, and he will thank you for it some
day.

Max

Living on a boat year round [email protected] General 7 August 26th 06 01:47 AM
living aboard Sele General 0 November 24th 05 12:50 AM
she'd rather care tamely than solve with Dave's solid frame [email protected] ASA 0 April 22nd 05 11:07 AM
I am living proof...... Capt. Neal® ASA 0 April 7th 05 06:19 PM
Just a little question/survey about living aboard Tom ASA 16 November 24th 03 07:38 PM