Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Tom

Default Just a little question/survey about living aboard

If you have lived aboard a 25-30 footer in a slip with hookups and all that
for a duration of time, a year or
so, did it get on your nerves? I am pondering the idea
of getting a used boat and docking it in San Diego. I
read that some slips can go as low as 200 bucks a month
utilities included (or am I mistaken on that one?) I told
my father about this idea, and he said "living in a house
the size of your bed can get to be a chore after a while":-)

I just wanted to get some opinions from people who have
actually done it.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any showers in the heads
of the used cheepos I have seen on boattrader, etc. Are
showers rare in sub 30 foot yachts? Showering in the
"clubhouse" is something I am prepared to do. One more
thing, I know NOTHING about port o potties (or boats
in general), but I was wondering if going #2 in a yacht would smell it up.
Are the port-o's easy to clean? Is there a disposable plastic liner
involved? Thanks for your patience and answers:-)
Tom
P.S. The actual mechanics of the portopottie is not something I was able to
find on-line, and I live in Phoenix
AZ, so I haven't had much of a chance to hang around the
"docks" and ask questions.