posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Happy Days for us, sad ASA'ers

Wow....here I've been out of the group (and will remain so) for months
and I see Gayzy, Scotty Potty and some of the regulars still treading
the trailer trash waters of mediocrity. How dull.
Fortunately folks like myself have been working hard to make life more
fun every day! So here's what the deal is for the crew of Heart of
Gold!!!

1) Yes, we now own a house in Carmel, with two and a half acres of
woods. We are 15 minutes from town, but the houses near us are also
NYC escapees who are raising their kids in a safer place, yet still
just an hour away from the best museums, concert halls and stages in
the world; The best of both worlds. Thomas is so happy here, it's hard
to describe. This morning we walked in the woods, then went over to
our stream and threw twigs into the rushing water, which you can
drink. After that we visited a memorial park with it's private beach,
horseback ridding and summer outdoor movies and concerts, but there
are a lot of parks like that here. We are surrounded by lakes and
everyone here has a sunfish or some kind of small sailboat, canoe or
dink. There are plenty of kids around for Thomas and we just bought
him an elaborate cedar swingset/fort that probably cost more than
Scotty and Jeff's homes combined.

2) Heart of Gold just got a free engine overhaul....cleaned injectors,
fluids and so on. She launches in about a week. Our club is an extra
20-25 minutes of driving, but we don't have to cross the Whitestone or
Throgsneck, so it's a far nicer drive.

3) We have a house that someone like poor Scotty Potty could only
dream of. More than 2000 Sq. feet and four bedrooms along with a lower
level that we just remodeled after pulling the lolly columns. That
large 16X23' family room will get a 136 inch screen with a new Optoma
projector plus there is also a 56 inch HD TV built flush into the
wall. Sound will come from SVS subs and Revel speakers. The acoustics
in the room appear to totally flat and this system sounds amazing and
it's not even fully set up yet! Also downstairs is the laundry room
which is a whopping 12X14. It's too big for it's purpose, so we'll add
a 3rd bathroom there to compliment the lower guest room. The house may
be a tad large for a family of three, but we'll have friends and
family stay over often. Of course it's not the size, but the quality
and condition of this home that makes it so nice along with how it was
sighted by the fellow who built it.

So that's it. Yes, my life is still better than yours and I'll make
love to my lovely wife tonight while the rest of you download American
Idol clips. Oh, and we sold all of the cars except for the Kia Sedona.
We're going to try a BMW 330 XI AWD if we can ever get a reasonable
delivery date. The Sedona remains too useful to trade away from.

On the future boat front: We're going to visit the C&C plant mid-
summer. We have no solid plans and love our boat, but Suzanne is
determined to see me get that 99 that I like so much. NO hurry though
and I just added a sweet new asym to Heart of Gold that should make
her dance even better in light air.

So we're having a blast. Every day feels like a vacation. Most of our
new furniture comes next week at last and the sailing season is about
to start. Life isn't just good....it's great.

Please don't forget that Doug, the King of Keels said that I was lying
about a J29 with a modified bulb keel. I already busted him with pics
of the boat, but I haven't forgotten that blowhard. I'll finally get
over to College Point this week and take/post pics of the bottom so
that goofball can feel like even more of an ass that Scotty Potty. And
that's a mighty big ass, even for Ganz.

Cheers!

Robert B
Heart of Gold Beneteau 35s5
City Island, NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Apr 7, 8:36 pm, "Capt. Rob" wrote:
[...]

About time your stopped using that Capt Rob bull**** title.
Glad all is great for you Rob, your Hillary fund rasing phone calls
seem to be effective.

Happy days on Roberts back porch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdzThgveHwQ
Robs dad sure can cut a rug, and Thomas seems to be a natural
musician.
Watching sticks float down the creek should make him a better sailor.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

More lies. Show us that stream on any topo map or aerial photograph.

http://www.google.com/maps?q=Richard...i=map&ct=image

Removing lolly columns - hahaha!

More lies.

Tell us how they got that double wide up on the cinderblock foundation.

One car garage! hahahahaha!!!

A tent garage and dumpster in the front yard!

How many old tires and engine blocks are pushed over the side of the hill?

Drinking the neighbors leachfield in your water?

ahahahahahahaha!!!!!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

The area he is in is riddled with small ponds, springs and streams. I'd be
surprised of he didn't have one or two little streams on his property. Only some
of those little streams are running year 'round. I wouldn't recommend drinking
the water from them. PCB's and various microscopic organisms can be somewhat
hard to see.

CWM

Yup, and we're right next to a reservoir and all of the property
around us is marked as watershed for it. The faster larger streams are
fine for drinking once in a while. Beyond the houses already here, no
one can build or modify the land. My property is all woods, rocks and
there's even a small cave. Thomas loves to walk through it all and
explore. This is the view from our enclosed deck in the back of the
house:

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/house4.jpg

Down below is fairly flat wooded area. Beautiful, unless you prefer a
giant lawn....which we don't. Of course there's plenty of lawn/garden
area in front and to the right of the house.

As I said, pics will say it all and they'll be posted shortly!

This is on the way for Thomas....

http://www.abcdirectshop.com/graphic...tdeluxe_hi.jpg

RB

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 19:49:09 -0700, "Lloyd Bonafide"
wrote:

More lies. Show us that stream on any topo map or aerial photograph.

http://www.google.com/maps?q=Richard...i=map&ct=image

The area he is in is riddled with small ponds, springs and streams. I'd be
surprised of he didn't have one or two little streams on his property.
Only some
of those little streams are running year 'round. I wouldn't recommend
drinking
the water from them. PCB's and various microscopic organisms can be
somewhat
hard to see.

CWM

I'm familiar with the area. It has many swamps and mosquitoes. I doubt there
are PCB's in his water unless they can flow uphill or if a few transformers
were thrown in with the engine blocks in the back yard. I'd check the well
water for coliforms, that nice bubbly spring (high in nitrates) may be his
neighbors septic absorption bed at the end of its life. The streams may have
giardia or toxic molds from rotting organic matter. The one stream I'd be
concerned with the most is the one that flows down the sealed driveway into
the garage. But he doesn't have to worry much. He's renting the place.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 09:28:42 -0700, Capt. Rob wrote:

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/house4.jpg

Those look like hemlocks to my untrained eye. They are becoming quite
rare around here. Any problems there?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adelges_tsugae
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Apr 8, 11:28 am, "Rob" wrote:

This is on the way for Thomas....

http://www.abcdirectshop.com/graphic...tdeluxe_hi.jpg

RB

Sorry to see it Robbie, I wish you could afford a nice place to play,
or a nice boat:

http://www.danielswoodland.com/treeh...eat/index.html

Did you walk inland with an oar on your shoulder ...and settle where
someone asked you what it was?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

http://www.danielswoodland.com/treeh..._gallery/rons_...

Did you walk inland with an oar on your shoulder ...and settle where
someone asked you what it was?

Joe

You mean like Trinity or some of the other top drawer schools that
cost 50K per year, yet have lower marks than schools in Carmel and
Mahopac? Look it up or do what we did and visit the schools. My
closest friend just pulled her daughter out of Trinity and moved to
Kent where the schools are better....and 44K less per year!

Oh....and hi, Joe! Don't get too happy. This is just a brief troll for
the losers here. How's the steel boat? Do you have plans to take off
and out for that long trip sometime soon?

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Removing lolly columns - hahaha!

No clue about the columns, right, Bonafool? Did you ask if they were
carrying a wall? Did you wonder if there were joints above the column?
Did you wonder about the span and how to calculate the loads without
shoring up?
Of course you didn't! You're a darn fool and a sockpuppet to boot!

Bonofool!!!! BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

With property taxes hovering around $7500/year I would expect quality
schools. You could move out of state and pay $15K/year for some of the very
best private schools, save $5000/year on property taxes and have a much
larger and nicer house.

Why couldn't you design and build a kid's gym yourself? Are you trapped in
that place now that Suzy has the only means of transportation? How many
times have you been to the boat in the last week? Sailing tapering off? Wait
until Thomas is in school 6 hrs/day. You weekdays will be shot. You will
barely sail weekends with all the house, kid and wife stuff. It's a long,
downhill slide from now out.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa !!!!!!