posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Happy Days for us, sad ASA'ers

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message

Still waiting to hear what's holding my beam up!!!!

Go and look. Don't stand under it because it might fall on

you.

More importantly; Don't stand on top of it!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Bob Crantz" wrote

Sorry to see it Robbie, I wish you could afford a nice

place to play,

It must be killing him to admit he has such a small

house on
a small lot.

Scotty

Haven't you towed larger, nicer homes behind your big rig?

Yes, but don't get the wrong idea, I have nothing against
modular homes. Some are very nice, it's just so funny to
see the Big Blowhard Braggart settleing for entry level,
small digs.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On 9 Apr 2007 08:37:56 -0700, "Capt. Rob" said:

why do
you need your daughter to pay for part of your boat.

Hey. She doesn't and didn't pay penny one toward the boat. Ever heard of a
gift?

Wow... that's a nice gift!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On 9 Apr 2007 04:07:53 -0700, "Capt. Rob" said:

So a mooring is starting to look a bit better to you now?

It looks the same. But now it is all he can afford. He's on the ropes
financially. His friends will take care of his boat for him, Suzy won't give
him much minivan time. Property tax is more than his dock fee. Little Tom's
play set cost more than his sails.

And in Mystic? How many miles up the river is that?

How many more miles further away than City Island?

Even less sailing time for sure.

Less income too, Suzy is no longer the lead cardiologist for a world class
cardiology clinic.

And weren't you the fella who was telling us about what great wind you
have
in the Western Sound?

At least there will be less sewage afloat in Mystic.

At least he can watch over the air Yankee games (WPIX) where he is at.

He's moved out to the fringe, soon the isolation will really start to set
in. Manhatten and its cultural opportunities (not that he ever went) will
become another, distant place. The long drive to the city will grow old and
longer. He and Suzy will no longer be distracted from each other. Spats will
become more frequent. And then the king and the queen can never go back to
the green...

posted to alt.sailing.asa

google map
http://tinyurl.com/2yesjk

http://www.zillow.com/HomeDetails.htm?zprop=31924181

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 09:54:28 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

Wow... that's a nice gift!

What can I say? She's a great kid.

Either that or good brainwashing. g

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

So a mooring is starting to look a bit better to you now?

Hell no. We'll only go because our friend has nice house there and
that's where my MG-TF is being restored. We'll visit a few times. No
way would I ever give up the ease/fun of a slip and also Suzanne's
folks are getting on in years, but still like to come sailing. A
dinghy or launch would not be easy for them. Of course some folks need
to save and the slip is really pricey for most. Easily twice what you
pay, but it's worth it...even if I had to pay. This year we got even
more sailboats in, defecting from NYYC, Harlem and Capri.....all nice
clubs, but slips are sweeter. Last season my ex brought her boat in
for the last two months and she admitted she used the boat more. She
sailed more and just spent more time playing on board because a dock
is that much more convenneint.
Moorings are for trailer trash and no crappy restaurant (that members
are forced to eat at in many cases), lack of any real services and
semi-access to a boat will convince anyone otherwise.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default the Good old Days

Just like old times, Bob brags stupidly about some lame
acquisition he made, then everybody gets to laugh at him.
What a hoot.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Hey. She doesn't and didn't pay penny one toward the boat. Ever heard of a
gift?

It is? A boat with very little value. Perhaps one should ask why the
gift was made to maintain a low profile? As I said: Dave and I have
friends in common. To put it more clearly: I know someone who's not
speaking with him now and for good reason. He knows EXACTLY who I'm
talking about too. At the very least poor Dave knows that I have him
pegged. I carry no such baggage and didn't screw up my life and
several others in the process. Know what I mean, Davey? That sure is a
sad car you drive.
Why not come clean here?

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey. She doesn't and didn't pay penny one toward the

boat. Ever heard of a
gift?

Perhaps one should ask why the
gift was made to maintain a low profile?

perhaps no one really cares.