posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Happy Days for us, sad ASA'ers

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ps.com...
Did you ask if they were
carrying a wall?

No need to.

Did you wonder if there were joints above the column?

Doesn't matter, I assumed best case, a solid beam with no joints.

Did you wonder about the span and how to calculate the loads without
shoring up?

No wonder, max deflection allowed is 1/360th of span. Figure 20 lbs/ft^2,
hem fir 2x8 joists resting on 100lb/ft steel, 24ft span.

Hope you are good at fixing cracked drywall.

Have fun handyman!

Why didn't you build the kids gym set yourself out of lumber?

Handyman!

aahahahahaaaahaahaahaahahahahahaaaaaaaaahhhahahaha hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ps.com...
Removing lolly columns - hahaha!

No clue about the columns, right, Bonafool? Did you ask if they were
carrying a wall? Did you wonder if there were joints above the column?
Did you wonder about the span and how to calculate the loads without
shoring up?
Of course you didn't! You're a darn fool and a sockpuppet to boot!

Bonofool!!!! BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!

RB
35s5
NY

One more little tip on why you are so clueless:

It should be "supporting a load carrying wall" not just "carrying a wall".
There's a big difference.

Blam-O!!!!!!

Kapow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

aaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KERZAPP!!!!!!!!

SMACKDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SMACKDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On 8 Apr 2007 13:35:58 -0700, "Capt. Rob" said:

You mean like Trinity or some of the other top drawer schools that
cost 50K per year, yet have lower marks than schools in Carmel and
Mahopac?

Isn't that from the guy who's always bragging about how much money he has?
Surely financial considerations would not play a part in choosing a school
for his kid. Guess he was rejected. They do, you know, reject kids based
on
an appraisal of the parents.

The kid is 2 1/4 years old. He's not applying to private school. He can
afford to give away Subaru Tribecas as gifts, but is a cheapskate on his
kids education. Look at that house. Is that the type of house a man of means
owns? He's played out his hand folks!

aaahaahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa!!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
[...]

Poor Boobsprit! He has allowed himself to be domesticated. We all saw
it coming the moment he announced his engagement. Bye bye freedom. Bye
bye the good life of hanging out with the guys and sailing and talking
about sailing and coming and going as you please. Dead meat on his
wedding day.

Now look at him. Living out in the woods away from his beloved liberal
life in the big city. Kept sequestered there by a wife who wear the
pants in the family and earns the money. Poor Booby is now a
stay-at-home dad! And look at his home. No better than his nemesis
Scotty's double-wide but he brags that he's some rich man of means.

Crantz, you have him pegged. He'll sell that French Beneteau exercise in
bombastic boating and end up sitting in front of his cheap Chinese home
theater stuffing his already fat cheeks with popcorn, pretzels and
potato chips and washing it down with six-packs of beer to drown his
sorry at being a slave. Soon he'll be more overweight than Ole Thom and
Katy combined. He's already had one heart attack, hasn't he? Let's get
up a heart attack pool and make bets when his next one will arrive.
Let's hope it's not fatal. We'd all sure hate to no longer have
Boobsprit to kick around.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Hope you are good at fixing cracked drywall.

Wow! You're ignorant as heck!
What kind of roof do I have? Does it matter?
Please tell us why a 14.5 span with lolly poll removed led to no
cracked drywall, but the 15.5 foot one (which carried less load) will.
You're even too dumb to ask what was done in place of the lolly. Did
used fabricated plates or insert an I-beam?
Hmmmmm??? Do you know that this had to be approved by an engineer
supplied by our insurer?

Oh, twist and flop away! You have no info and thus far you've made
yourself out to be a clueless googling dolt!
But do keep googling!

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA!!!!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Apr 8, 5:36 pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
"Bob Crantz" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Wilbur Hubbard- Hide quoted text -

Golly, Wilber agrees with Crantz who agrees with Bonofool...what are
the odds??!!

Isn't that from the guy who's always bragging about how much money
he has?
Surely financial considerations would not play a part in choosing a
school
for his kid.

Nope, that's why we moved to a better area with better schools. Oh,
and when did I brag about my money? I just spend it better than most
of you.

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

Hope you are good at fixing cracked drywall.

Wow! You're ignorant as heck!
What kind of roof do I have? Does it matter?

If it is a truss the load is usually supported on the foundation walls
through the exterior walls.

Please tell us why a 14.5 span with lolly poll removed led to no
cracked drywall, but the 15.5 foot one (which carried less load) will.
You're even too dumb to ask what was done in place of the lolly. Did
used fabricated plates or insert an I-beam?

The fabricated plates are a better solution because you have to cut through
the top of the foundation to support an I-Beam or use columns on the ends.
However, getting the one piece plates into position is a very difficult
task, then you have to drill the wooden beam for the bolts.

There are two better architectural solutions, none of which you mentioned.

Hmmmmm??? Do you know that this had to be approved by an engineer
supplied by our insurer?

It could be approved by any licensed engineer or architect registered in the
State of New York.

I hope you are really good at fixing cracked drywall. Hint: it may take a
while for the drywall to crack.

It's great you got your homeowners insurance company involved with a home
repair rather than the local building inspector. Shows that you are full of
it.

Bob Vila - NOT!!!!!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

Handyman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa! !!

SNORT!!!!!!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

Golly, Wilber agrees with Crantz who agrees with Bonofool...what are
the odds??!!

The same as you telling the truth!

Bwahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Isn't that from the guy who's always bragging about how much money
he has?
Surely financial considerations would not play a part in choosing a
school
for his kid.

Nope, that's why we moved to a better area with better schools.

Any place is better than where you lived.

Oh,
and when did I brag about my money? I just spend it better than most
of you.

Only you can determine how to spend your money. But that doesn't stop the
rest of us from laughing!

harharharharharhar!!!!!!!!

You have had that Beneteau less than 1 year and you are already looking at
the next boat!!!!!

aaahahahahahahahahahahaaahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! !

KIA didn't have much trade in value did it? I guess clinging on to it as it
slowly falls apart can be justified as a stop-loss.
Bwaahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahaa!!!!!

2005 Sienna worth more than 2006 Sedona! How abou in 2 years I'll trades you
my 1988 TOPPS Baseball Cards - the entire Houston Astros set for that
Sedona! I'll even throw in the old, stale gum.

Bwoohohohohhahahahahahahohohohohohohahahahahahaha! !!!!

SMACK-DOWN!!!!!!!!

Handyman!!!!!!!!!!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I hope you are really good at fixing cracked drywall. Hint: it may
take a
while for the drywall to crack.

You mean more than 6 years????

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!

Dude, you are one major dope!

You have had that Beneteau less than 1 year and you are already
looking at
the next boat!!!!!

I've been looking at the C&C 99 pretty hard since I saw hull #1. We'll
keep the 35s5 for at least two more seasons even if we decide to get
the 99.

But didn't you say that I'd lose the boat after I got married and had
Thomas? Or did you claim that I'd sail less? Hmmmmm....you've been
wrong about everything....and now we can add the pole removal, which
you STILL have no idea about how it was done. But keep guessing!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

It's great you got your homeowners insurance company involved with a
home
repair rather than the local building inspector. Shows that you are
full of
it.

Home insurance "involved with the repair?" What repair? How were they
involved beyond sending an engineer? Hmmmmm? I'm just dying to know!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!

RB
35s5
NY