posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Happy Days for us, sad ASA'ers

"Noone" wrote in message ...
google map
http://tinyurl.com/2yesjk

http://www.zillow.com/HomeDetails.htm?zprop=31924181

If one looks at the value graph they would see he bought at the absolute
peak and now it's a 5K$/month slide until it hits its pre bubble value of
325K$. That's over a $100K loss folks! There's a real estate investment
tycoon if there ever was one!

aahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahahah ahahahahahaaa!!!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
BTW, I'm strongly considering a Mac 26M.
What is your opinion of that boat?

Cheap, lightly built, ugly, trailer motor sailer for cheap, lightweight,
stupid buyers who couldn't make an informed, worthwhile purchase if his
life depended on it.

Oh, and you have no pride or self-worth. People who admit they bought or
consider buying a MacGregor 26 are proven to have no self-esteem. How
could they while making such a totally uninformed purchase and
lose-your-hat investment?

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On 9 Apr 2007 11:31:36 -0700, "Capt. Rob" wrote:

Moorings are for trailer trash and no crappy restaurant (that members
are forced to eat at in many cases), lack of any real services and
semi-access to a boat will convince anyone otherwise.

Wow. Quite a contrast here between you and Wilbur,
who doesn't have a slip and doesn't seem to sail nearly as
often as you do.
Perhaps my respect for Wilbur is misplaced.
BTW, I'm strongly considering a Mac 26M.
What is your opinion of that boat?

--Vic
posted to alt.sailing.asa

If one looks at the value graph they would see he bought at the
absolute
peak and now it's a 5K$/month slide until it hits its pre bubble value
of
325K$. That's over a $100K loss folks! There's a real estate
investment
tycoon if there ever was one!

You mean there's still a real estate bubble??? Who knew???

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

perhaps no one really cares.

Hey, lookee, Davey!!!! Trailer trash Moose brains is trying to help
you!
Maybe that's because you both own crappy boats and he's takin' a
shining to ya!
Hee Hawwww!!!!! Looks like love!

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 18:22:28 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
.. .
BTW, I'm strongly considering a Mac 26M.
What is your opinion of that boat?

Cheap, lightly built, ugly, trailer motor sailer for cheap, lightweight,
stupid buyers who couldn't make an informed, worthwhile purchase if his
life depended on it.

Oh, and you have no pride or self-worth. People who admit they bought or
consider buying a MacGregor 26 are proven to have no self-esteem. How
could they while making such a totally uninformed purchase and
lose-your-hat investment?

So scuttling the Mac idea, what do you recommend?
I need = 2' draft, decent live aboard accommodation for 2,
no more than 30k ready-to-go.
No blue water or heavy weather sailing.
Used mostly for gunkholing West Florida and the Keys.
You sure seem to know your boats, so any advice appreciated.

--Vic
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
So scuttling the Mac idea, what do you recommend?
I need = 2' draft, decent live aboard accommodation for 2,
no more than 30k ready-to-go.
No blue water or heavy weather sailing.
Used mostly for gunkholing West Florida and the Keys.
You sure seem to know your boats, so any advice appreciated.

--Vic

Vic, you've got to keep in mind that Wilber, aka Neal, is just a troll.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Seaward 26RK. You may have to pay a bit more than 30K. When you say
"liveaboard", I hope you are not expecting a full time home of any sort for
under 30K.

CWM- Hide quoted text -

Ditto on the Seaward. You could also look at a Catboat.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

* Vic Smith wrote, On 4/9/2007 6:57 PM:
On 9 Apr 2007 11:31:36 -0700, "Capt. Rob" wrote:

Moorings are for trailer trash and no crappy restaurant (that members
are forced to eat at in many cases), lack of any real services and
semi-access to a boat will convince anyone otherwise.

Wow. Quite a contrast here between you and Wilbur,
who doesn't have a slip and doesn't seem to sail nearly as
often as you do.
Perhaps my respect for Wilbur is misplaced.
BTW, I'm strongly considering a Mac 26M.
What is your opinion of that boat?

--Vic

Yes, there is a contrast between RB and Wilbur. One difference is
that RB has never actually sailed out of sight of his slip. Although
he talks frequently of "cruising" he's only spent a handful of nights
at anchor in 10 years.

The Mac 26M has very specific virtues that might make it a good choice
for some people. In particular, its at the upper limit of size for an
easily trailerable boat, and with a big engine it can be much faster
than any normal sailboat. However, its a ****-poor sailer, and you
can do a lot better with a purpose built powerboat.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

I guess you didn't understand what he meant by;
"no more than 30k ready-to-go."

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in