posted to alt.sailing.asa
LLoyd Bonafide LLoyd Bonafide is offline

Default Happy Days for us, sad ASA'ers

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 19:49:09 -0700, "Lloyd Bonafide"
wrote:

More lies. Show us that stream on any topo map or aerial photograph.

http://www.google.com/maps?q=Richard...i=map&ct=image

The area he is in is riddled with small ponds, springs and streams. I'd be
surprised of he didn't have one or two little streams on his property.
Only some
of those little streams are running year 'round. I wouldn't recommend
drinking
the water from them. PCB's and various microscopic organisms can be
somewhat
hard to see.

CWM

I'm familiar with the area. It has many swamps and mosquitoes. I doubt there
are PCB's in his water unless they can flow uphill or if a few transformers
were thrown in with the engine blocks in the back yard. I'd check the well
water for coliforms, that nice bubbly spring (high in nitrates) may be his
neighbors septic absorption bed at the end of its life. The streams may have
giardia or toxic molds from rotting organic matter. The one stream I'd be
concerned with the most is the one that flows down the sealed driveway into
the garage. But he doesn't have to worry much. He's renting the place.