posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Who are you gonna listen to?

Dave wrote:
On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 11:03:06 -0800, "Capt. JG" said:

frozen tundra or the
swamps of Florida

You need to join Charlie in getting out and around a bit.

Who?

Charlie. The guy who thinks all Texans are illiterate 'cause they talk
funny.

Jus casue ya cain't talk don't mean ya cain't read....
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 11:03:06 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
. ..

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 09:50:23 -0800, "Capt. JG"
said:

frozen tundra or the
swamps of Florida

You need to join Charlie in getting out and around a bit.

Who?

I think he's referring to a French Poodle in a rather famous novel
about traveling, except he spelled it incorrectly. I imagine even
French Poodles are more worldly than Dave.

CWM

My standard poodle is not worldly at all...he is quite satisfied with
his life and asks for nothing more...and he's almost as well traveled as
Steinbeck's dog...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Or, god forbid, he's actually being honest unlike Cheney who wasn't born
with that ability.

U'm not a particular fan of either GW or Cheney so it doens't make any
difference to me...or for that matter, Bill Clinton..I'm gonna jump on the
Ralph Nader bandwagon...

Well, that really was just a vote for the Bushco crowd last time.

That's why I hope Giuliani gets the nomination...a vote for Nader is a
vote for Giuliani!
posted to alt.sailing.asa

scbafreak via BoatKB.com wrote:
Or, god forbid, he's actually being honest unlike Cheney who wasn't born
with that ability.

U'm not a particular fan of either GW or Cheney so it doens't make any
difference to me...or for that matter, Bill Clinton..I'm gonna jump on the
Ralph Nader bandwagon...

Well, that really was just a vote for the Bushco crowd last time.

No it was a vote for Nader. What is with Democrats saying that they didn't
so much lose to Bush as get screwed bby Nader. If the Dems could have gotten
a good strong candidate then they would have won the election. Instead they
choose these non-threatening kind of wussy little guys. Americans don't like
that. Americans like tough guys. As much of an Environmentalist as I am I
could not bring myself to vote for Kerry. He is too much of a giant "V" for
me. I don't think I am alone in this thinking. Democrats like that sort of
guy and so I will never be a Democrat.

What we really need to do is ditch the 2 party system...I say go back to
a Parliament...with a Prime minister rather than a President...gets rid
of the whole popular vite vs electoral college vote dillema and makes it
so that other opinions can be heard in government..also allows for the
common man to have a chance to stand for his cimmunity...we'd have to
ditch the House of Lords concept and keep the Senate intact but change
the way the House functions..
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 14:50:05 -0500, katy
wrote:

Charlie Morgan wrote:

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 13:08:11 -0500, katy
wrote:

Charlie Morgan wrote:

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 11:18:36 -0500, katy
wrote:

Mundo wrote:

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 09:12:45 -0500, katy wrote
(in article ):

Charlie Morgan wrote:

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 08:09:33 -0500, katy
wrote:

I do know about tropical rainforests and it is a much simpler task to
fix

This is unequivocal proof that you haven't a clue about tropical
rainforests.

CWM

In regards to growing new rainforests? Yes..in respect to keeping the
ones that exist...no....and you have no clue as to what I do or do not
know...

Chiming in from a timber farming area... New will never replace old growth in
our lifetimes. Here they get a marketable product about every 25-30 years.
These trees are a 1/5 of the size of "Old Growth". In the Rain forests the
indigenous tribes are split up and given christianity for hope...
Unbelievable. The animals are forced into ever confining spaces etc. No we
must just go ahead and enjoy what is left. I plan on using plenty of fossil
fuel and tossing my soda cans overboard (torn open of course). All is lost.
To late. Nothing left but discussion.

Animals adapt or disappear...natural selection...

You mean like passenger pigeons?

CWM

"The Passenger Pigeon is now extinct.

Yeah, the damned things couldn't adapt to being shot full of holes.
Adapt or disappear... natural selection.

You are living proof that evolution doesn't always work that well.

CWM

Humanity is proof of that...we keep finding more and more artificial
ways to keep ourselves going when we should just let oursleves go
naturally...

Well, I agree you have "let yourself go".

CWM

You don't know me....

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 14:58:06 -0500, katy
wrote:

Charlie Morgan wrote:

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 19:59:25 +0100, "Edgar"
wrote:

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

How so? We're polluting our environment by cutting down the forest and by
burning the vegatation. That produces greenhouse gasses, which contributes
to the global warming. In addition, the lack of trees reduces the possible
absorbtion of those very gasses.

Look it up if you're not too scared.

_We_ are not doing it. Greedy beef barons are doing it by giving the people
free chainsaws and rewarding them for cutting down trees so the former
forest becomes grassland before the topsoil finally goes. The mahogany
trees that are easy to move get to become fine furniture and boats. The
ones in difficult locations are burned or just left to rot.
I have seen students in Uk protesting that 'mahogany is murder' but they
have the wrong target. If you want to help the planet do not buy beef that
comes from Brazil.

And that includes Burger KIng!

CWM

I never can understand why the US has to import beef (except for the
political implications)...we need someone like Ronald Reagan and his
AMerica first ideals back in the WHite House...

Dead guys make lousy Presidents, although recently the minimum
standards for the job have been lowered substantially.

CWM

optimal word..."like"....
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 15:00:47 -0500, katy
wrote:

Charlie Morgan wrote:

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 11:03:06 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

m...

said:

frozen tundra or the
swamps of Florida

You need to join Charlie in getting out and around a bit.

Who?

I think he's referring to a French Poodle in a rather famous novel
about traveling, except he spelled it incorrectly. I imagine even
French Poodles are more worldly than Dave.

CWM

My standard poodle is not worldly at all...he is quite satisfied with
his life and asks for nothing more...and he's almost as well traveled as
Steinbeck's dog...

Sounds like a fairly sub-standard poodle to me. He's more worldly than
Dave, regardless.

CWM

not sub-standard at all...in fact, quite the looker and did well in the
show ring...he is a bit of the fairy though...as most dogs are not very
discriminate about who's tush they smell...he'd probably even like yours...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote
You don't know me....

Do you wear diapers like that poor astronaut? She sure musta been some jealous of
that other woman....

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Charlie Morgan" wrote
Dead guys make lousy Presidents, ....

That's why Kerry lost. lol

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 15:09:18 -0500, katy
wrote:

Humanity is proof of that...we keep finding more and more artificial
ways to keep ourselves going when we should just let oursleves go
naturally...

Well, I agree you have "let yourself go".

CWM

You don't know me....

You've been watching to many Jerry Springer re-runs.

CWM

Who's Jerry Springer?