posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Who are you gonna listen to?

What we really need to do is ditch the 2 party system...

katy as much as I dissagree with your other points of view I am right here
with you on this one. I hate politicians mostly because they have the
current system so well rigged that anybody that has enough brains, moral
integrity and the guts to do anything right will never get elected. We need
some sort of a political revolution to get things back on track and into the
hands of the American people again.

Bill

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Charlie Morgan wrote:
On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 14:50:05 -0500, katy
wrote:

Charlie Morgan wrote:

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 13:08:11 -0500, katy
wrote:

Charlie Morgan wrote:

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 11:18:36 -0500, katy
wrote:

Mundo wrote:

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 09:12:45 -0500, katy wrote
(in article ):

Charlie Morgan wrote:

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 08:09:33 -0500, katy
wrote:

I do know about tropical rainforests and it is a much simpler
task to fix

This is unequivocal proof that you haven't a clue about tropical
rainforests.

CWM

In regards to growing new rainforests? Yes..in respect to keeping
the ones that exist...no....and you have no clue as to what I do or
do not know...

Chiming in from a timber farming area... New will never replace old
growth in our lifetimes. Here they get a marketable product about
every 25-30 years. These trees are a 1/5 of the size of "Old
Growth". In the Rain forests the indigenous tribes are split up and
given christianity for hope... Unbelievable. The animals are forced
into ever confining spaces etc. No we must just go ahead and enjoy
what is left. I plan on using plenty of fossil fuel and tossing my
soda cans overboard (torn open of course). All is lost. To late.
Nothing left but discussion.

Animals adapt or disappear...natural selection...

You mean like passenger pigeons?

CWM

"The Passenger Pigeon is now extinct.

Yeah, the damned things couldn't adapt to being shot full of holes.
Adapt or disappear... natural selection.
You are living proof that evolution doesn't always work that well.

CWM

Humanity is proof of that...we keep finding more and more artificial ways
to keep ourselves going when we should just let oursleves go naturally...

Well, I agree you have "let yourself go".

CWM

You don't know me....

You're a very lucky woman!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
"Edgar" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

How so? We're polluting our environment by cutting down the forest and
by
burning the vegatation. That produces greenhouse gasses, which
contributes
to the global warming. In addition, the lack of trees reduces the
possible
absorbtion of those very gasses.

Look it up if you're not too scared.

_We_ are not doing it. Greedy beef barons are doing it by giving the
people
free chainsaws and rewarding them for cutting down trees so the former
forest becomes grassland before the topsoil finally goes. The mahogany
trees that are easy to move get to become fine furniture and boats. The
ones in difficult locations are burned or just left to rot.
I have seen students in Uk protesting that 'mahogany is murder' but they
have the wrong target. If you want to help the planet do not buy beef
that
comes from Brazil.

True enough. I think we're not doing enough to help, but we're not doing
it directly, as Katy pointed out I believe.

The major problem is that 3rd world nations want to rise and that the only
thing they have marketable to the world is their natural resources...or
tourism and that brings about a whole new host of environmental ills...

Eco-tourism is actually a highly profitable enterprise.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 11:03:06 -0800, "Capt. JG"
said:

frozen tundra or the
swamps of Florida

You need to join Charlie in getting out and around a bit.

Who?

Charlie. The guy who thinks all Texans are illiterate 'cause they talk
funny.

Ah... plonked him a long time ago.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
scbafreak via BoatKB.com wrote:
Or, god forbid, he's actually being honest unlike Cheney who wasn't
born with that ability.

U'm not a particular fan of either GW or Cheney so it doens't make any
difference to me...or for that matter, Bill Clinton..I'm gonna jump on
the Ralph Nader bandwagon...

Well, that really was just a vote for the Bushco crowd last time.

No it was a vote for Nader. What is with Democrats saying that they
didn't
so much lose to Bush as get screwed bby Nader. If the Dems could have
gotten
a good strong candidate then they would have won the election. Instead
they
choose these non-threatening kind of wussy little guys. Americans don't
like
that. Americans like tough guys. As much of an Environmentalist as I am
could not bring myself to vote for Kerry. He is too much of a giant "V"
for
me. I don't think I am alone in this thinking. Democrats like that sort
of
guy and so I will never be a Democrat.

What we really need to do is ditch the 2 party system...I say go back to a
Parliament...with a Prime minister rather than a President...gets rid of
the whole popular vite vs electoral college vote dillema and makes it so
that other opinions can be heard in government..also allows for the common
man to have a chance to stand for his cimmunity...we'd have to ditch the
House of Lords concept and keep the Senate intact but change the way the
House functions..

I don't think I like this idea... you're right about the 2-party system...
we just need reasonable 3rd party candidates... Nader wasn't one, and in my
opinion it was a throw-away vote. I don't know if it would have made a
difference in the last pres. election, but it didn't help and look who we
got. I voted for Kerry/Edwards, but was never highly impressed with Kerry.
The lesser of two evils was my reasoning. However, now we have a chance to
vote for Hillary or McCain. I don't think Obama is quite ready yet...
another 8 years, then.... g

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Or, god forbid, he's actually being honest unlike Cheney who wasn't born
with that ability.

U'm not a particular fan of either GW or Cheney so it doens't make any
difference to me...or for that matter, Bill Clinton..I'm gonna jump on
the Ralph Nader bandwagon...

Well, that really was just a vote for the Bushco crowd last time.

That's why I hope Giuliani gets the nomination...a vote for Nader is a
vote for Giuliani!

He's pro choice... I don't like him much for other reasons, and he has a lot
of baggage, but he's better than the current officeholder.
I know that's not saying much... g

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:

"Edgar" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

[...]

Wxcept mist isn't eco but economically based...look at teh snafi going
on right now at Victoria Falls about the elephant crossing...the
suggestion that the elephants, after years and years and uears of
implanted memory. will acutally use a man made vrossing somewhere else
is ludicrous...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

said:

frozen tundra or the
swamps of Florida

You need to join Charlie in getting out and around a bit.

Who?

Charlie. The guy who thinks all Texans are illiterate 'cause they talk
funny.

Ah... plonked him a long time ago.

You mean Jerry Springer?
posted to alt.sailing.asa

We need
some sort of a political revolution to get things back on track and into the
hands of the American people again.

Ah, yes. Victims of the world, unite!

What victims are you talking about? I don't think anybody is a victim and
should not make excuses for anything. What I am saying is that the
Government has way too much control over our daily lives and are constantly
meddling in things that are non of their damn bussiness. The constitution
does not say that all people are entitled to any welfare, medicare, free
money or social programs paid for at the expense of taxpayers or any
protection from their own excuses and failures. We do it though because the
current system, which is not the same system we started with, gets votes for
these things. You get votes for saying that it's not your fault you have no
savings or job so here is some money. My idea of a political revolution
makes it possible to vote for someone that is not into that crap. You
couldn't run for president and win if you don't follow the same exact
principles as the Democratic party or Republican party. If you want to do
what is in the peope best interest but not the parties interest you will
never be president. That has nothing to do with victims or saying we need to
help all of the people that don't help themselves.